Sign in to follow this  
Sharyza

City in the Cliffs NM_HC_SV (possible MM) 7.32b

Hi there,

this is my first guide but not my main language so I want to apologize for any bad language I may use.

I was inspired by builds from Kandar as well as Maka but each one had some troubles I couldn't counter. For example: in Makas build every here and there (but rare) an ogre walked the most eastern path crushing my harps there, thus making me lose. Sometimes i could bring them down but some had poison immunity so my seahorse wouldn't hit them.

So I tried to alter the build and also take the fact into account that with the new class summoner we have more options to build.

The now following build was successfully tested with a 4 man team (members had around 1.7-2.3k hero life and 1.5-1.9k hero damage and resistances above 80% each.
I suppose you can do it with 3 people but then the eastern defender has a lot more pressure in him/her. For groups >4 i suggest 3 people defending east, 2 defending south and 1 west with 1 south defender roaming to west if needed.
The builder stats are around 2-2.3k on tower damage and 1.6-1.9k on other stats. The trapsness was the weakest with only 1.5k tower damage and around 1k else. The aura monk had 2,3 tower damage and the other stats around 2k. None of the builder were active during the waves.
While playing we realized one DPS pet and a monk guardian pet(buffing the auras) are a good choice for east. Beside that i think a DPS-Monk buffing east is essential but please prove me wrong ;)

DD-Planner-Layout
Don't get confused by the name, I have Shar as well as Shed as names of my characters and there is a battle going on over which i like more. ;)

Detailed builder information:

Lets go section by section, east first. I made screenshots and edited in what is important.

EAST:

Overview
Wall Placement
Trap Placement
Aura+Harpoon Placement

Summoned Minions:
I normally summon the archer and mages on the platform somewhere and then move them by hand to their buff beam location (you want all buffed if possible).

Points of interest:
If you don't play with monk guardian pet you will end up with monster getting stuck in the southern gas trap without being hit by electric aura or harps (aiming north), so you have to keep an eye on sharken and djinn from there and kill them by hand if needed.
I found when the big hordes of ogres spawn at the end of the wave the southern wall gets hit more than the northern wall (harps focusing there), so keep an eye on the wall and repair if needed.
Always keep the gas traps lit! Always!

SOUTH:

Overview
Wall Placement
Trap Placement
Harpoon Placement

I forgot to take a screenshot on the auras but i think you can see them on the Overview Screenshot very good.
Summoned Minions: 4 mages, spawn them anywhere and move them on the buff. Buffed by beam + monk they burn ogre ;)

Points of Interest:
The gas trap, it seems if you don't upgrade it, it works better for djinn (as stated by maka), so don't upgrade it and ALWAYS keep it lit.
Another poi is east. On extremely rare occasions a djinn can sneak around the back, kill by hand. Also, watch out for spider cluster (auras should kill them quickly though). The harps are protected by the reflection wall.

WEST:

Overview

- Southern Part
Wall Placement
Trap Placement
Harp Placement
Aura Placement

Summoned Minions: Spawn (4 mages) anywhere and move into buff beam.

- Northern Part
Wall Placement
Gas Placement

Summoned Minions:

Spawn (2 Mages + 1 Archer) anywhere and move them up the ramp to the wall. They will help (still means you have to work too) to burn ogre and djinn.

Points of Interest:
Northern gas trap and wall: Do not upgrade (original author statement) neither the wall nor the gas trap, kill djinn by hand, keep the trap lit and watch for rare BIG ogre. If an ogre comes that norther lane, kill him, if he brings a sharken friend along, kill the sharken first. Try to stay in the str drain aura (sometimes hard to see).
At the end of the wave the southern part see some small ogre rush but towers + mages should be enough to handle it.

A typical wave:

Ready Up, when all pressed g light up gas trap.

West: be bored, keep an eye on Djinns and the gas traps.
South: be bored, keep an eye on back Djinns and repair auras (monk buffing there is even easier)
East: That's the maps hot spot! Have a monk there if possible to boost towers&minions, repair the wall, especially keep an eye on souther gas (sharken und djinns) and when mini ogre rush ships in, repair walls and DPS them. Also repair proxy regular. If you lose a wall, only the wall and the buffbeam for the other wall+proxy is lost due to the secondary buff beam at the harps, so wyvern dont crash your game and if you block of the ramp you can still do it ;)

I hope this Layout/Guide helps a lot of people, I'm happy to receive some feedback and thanks again to Kandar and Maka who provided some awesome builds.

Sincerely,
your Sharyza/Shedgaladh

Edit: Corrected version number

my god that is a long post....looks good trying it now...how come you do not upgrade the Gas Traps? or buff beam them.

Tested very easy to follow build nice pics.

i jump Started to wave 13 for pet farming NM-HC mix mode, i failed once when trying not to upgrade the buff beams used all summoned ogres and mages failed hard, auras didnt have the range so i upgraded buff beams and it worked nicely.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to make everything clear.

About that gas traps: Maka suggested in his build (on which this build is based on) to not upgrade the gas south and west because Djinns seemed to ignore them in some cases. Maybe that got fixed in the meanwhile though but clearly upping gas traps isn't really needed, they don't burn out quickly like proxy trap.
Why am I not beam buffing them: I found if I do buff beam them they get too large and then monster get stunned outside the electric aura.

Good thing you are mentioning the minions. I would not summon them until at least the buff beams and auras are fully upgraded. If you want to start a later wave, bring the buff beams and electric auras up first.

One question: Did you try it solo or had help?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to make everything clear.

About that gas traps: Maka suggested in his build (on which this build is based on) to not upgrade the gas south and west because Djinns seemed to ignore them in some cases. Maybe that got fixed in the meanwhile though but clearly upping gas traps isn't really needed, they don't burn out quickly like proxy trap.
Why am I not beam buffing them: I found if I do buff beam them they get too large and then monster get stunned outside the electric aura.

Good thing you are mentioning the minions. I would not summon them until at least the buff beams and auras are fully upgraded. If you want to start a later wave, bring the buff beams and electric auras up first.

One question: Did you try it solo or had help?

Solo worked really nicely after i upgraded the buff beams hah. did have a wall push on the north point, at the end of the wave, thinking if i moved the wall down they wont be able to push on it. but needs testing all in all very good build and post great images to help with placement .

on another note do you think fireball towers would work? you get a ton of packing on the East point .

one thing about this that kandar pointed out about maka's old build:
on the south crystal, if you have mix mode, you may want to move the harpoons back to where maka had them, because wyverns could get through and knock the crystal if your not careful

That was before summoner minions were added in if I'm not mistaken, they additional cover that.

when i Ran the mix mode i had no problems after i upgraded the buff beams, I would never start this map with mix mode on Wave 1, its a wipe everytime but yes with the new minion's the spider problem and some of the older problems in the past are now gone.