Sign in to follow this  
HecFloW

A question

in every thread when trade some event weapons always see the same question ''is legit?'' so, anyone can explain, please. how i know if a weapon is legit or not?

there is no sure fire way to know if its legit or not. some people claim they have methods to tell but i dont think any actually really work. best thing to do would be dont trade, but if you do, do it with people you know and trust. there is/used to be a legit traders group, so you could try with people from there.

Remember, BUYER BEWARE.

rumor is, is that when the legit item meets the duped item in the same lobby that the duped item or both disappear. for example: gunslinger gets duped which makes a duped gunslinger and when them 2 specific items meet together they disappear. not sure though there is really know way to find out for sure just go lobby hoping everyday and do that for a month and if you still have it then there is a big chance its legit lol

there is no sure fire way to know if its legit or not. some people claim they have methods to tell but i dont think any actually really work. best thing to do would be dont trade, but if you do, do it with people you know and trust. there is/used to be a legit traders group, so you could try with people from there.

Remember, BUYER BEWARE.

or just don't trade lol but give away free weapons :)

rumor is, is that when the legit item meets the duped item in the same lobby that the duped item or both disappear. for example: gunslinger gets duped which makes a duped gunslinger and when them 2 specific items meet together they disappear. not sure though there is really know way to find out for sure just go lobby hoping everyday and do that for a month and if you still have it then there is a big chance its legit lol

Wrong... Originals will never disappear. The only time stuff can (I say can because it's not always a sure thing) but when stuff does disappear its only with dupes being with dupes. An original can never disappear.

Psn:signal4737

Wrong... Originals will never disappear. The only time stuff can (I say can because it's not always a sure thing) but when stuff does disappear its only with dupes being with dupes. An original can never disappear.

that is what i always thought but my friend said that both do ive never had that experience so i dont know for sure but thanks for telling me

Here's my understanding of the duping. Once an item is duplicated, there is no way for the game/program to know which is the original. The internal code for the item should be identical. So saying that the original will never disappear doesn't make any sense. For all intents and purposes, they are identical to the program. It doesn't know nor does it care which one is which.

If I were to guess, I'd say that as an item came into a room/lobby with an identical item, the copy that is currently in the room would disappear and the one entering the room would be fine. As the person with the item is entering, the game would see this particular code being generated and see that there is already the same code in place. It would probably just force the current code to disappear in order to allow it to generate the identical code entering. Pure speculation though.

Or like some have already said, they both could disappear. Kinda like this...

Well when it comes to duping and the utilization of ps plus it copies an original and makes the saved one the original and the other the copy and by giving away the one you have and then reloading a save the once original becomes a dupe.

Well when it comes to duping and the utilization of ps plus it copies an original and makes the saved one the original and the other the copy and by giving away the one you have and then reloading a save the once original becomes a dupe.

Still doesn't make sense. The game doesn't differentiate which save file is an original save file thus the items within it (as well as the copied save) are all legit according to the game. It's not like the game goes ahead and marks a save file as a (PS+) copy and one as Original. It doesn't know or care. The only time it's an issue to the game is when two of the same item(code) are in the same lobby.