Paid for DD + shard DLC, but game is now useless

you can say speed is a draw back but you have at least 4 heros that build you can only play one at a time so 3 heros could use the pet rock with no draw back

trendy needs to read more of its game forums to see what people are saying its not just me that feels this way and there would be more post like these but the players have stop playing

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can say speed is a draw back but you have at least 4 heros that build you can only play one at a time so 3 heros could use the pet rock with no draw back

Why do you care that others might have a pet rock? How does that ruin your gaming experience?

trendy needs to read more of its game forums to see what people are saying its not just me that feels this way and there would be more post like these but the players have stop playing

Yes I did say speed is a drawback. Because it is. Speed is an important stat for builders. It's why I swapped my builder gear to my countess. It's less of an issue on survival mode of course. My point, however, was that it's going to be used on SOME heroes (all of which are builders), thus giving it a use, yet not making it the one thing every hero is going to use. As you may recall that's a good philosophy when you release new content. I'm not a big fan of having all my builders walking around with their default movespeed though :(

Another important thing to keep in mind, is that you need to be able to beat a late game survival (I heard wave 30) in order to get your pet rock. Just saying...

Forums are one of the many places of the internet that are generally slightly better, content-wise, than youtube comments. Sometimes reading them just makes a person despair. Trendy reads these forums quite a bit, judging by how often they post. While it's not just you who feels like a lot of the dlc is necessary, an even larger portion (only sample size is this thread and Vesper's tally of the numbers here) does not agree with that. Or at least they disagree with the EV being one of these dlcs.

I'm still quite content with the way Trendy has handled their dlc and its pricing.

My last comment on the pet rock: Like I said before, this rock does not hinder progression. It does not make the existing game any harder. It just opens op more options, which makes the game easier for the people who chose to get it.

Don't even need the DLC do have a rock, so point is moot. I'm sure soon enough people will be selling them.

... Does that clear things up some?

Definitely. I'm no longer having a hard time understanding where you're coming from believing that clearing end-game Survival maps are possible w/o an EV. In fact, I've been inclined to lessen the extent of my prior belief of the EV's importance; you've certainly made it seem possible. I suppose then, to put the "impossibility" claim more reasonably the claim would moreso be that the EV makes things so much easier that it's well worth (and then some) the money you pay for her, but, you're right.

In regards to the burden-of-proof: It's true, in formal debate and other such applications, the person making a claim must come with sufficient proof. At the same time, though, it is much of the time possible to prove statements of impossibility. Otherwise, it must be sufficient to show why something might be considered impossible, since there's no direct means of proof outside of purely mathematic or logical arguments (neither of which would apply in this case).

In everyday conversation, it's very reasonable to begin with a claim of impossibility. Consider, for example, the hypothetical situation wherein clearing Survival w/o an EV really was impossible, but not obvious through any means but trial-and-error (that is, there's nothing in Aquanos that said, "You can't beat this w/o an EV"). We'd be having this exact same discussion. Sometimes it really is just up to the other side to prove or disprove something, because one side is simply unable tothere's no real way around that, unfortunately. (I like to approach discussions well knowing this, that if I want to prove my point, sometimes I'm going to have to go out of my way to do so, because the other side is unable to).

Now, whether or not the other side wants to is a different story.

In regards to the burden-of-proof: It's true, in formal debate and other such applications, the person making a claim must come with sufficient proof. At the same time, though, it is much of the time possible to prove statements of impossibility. Otherwise, it must be sufficient to show why something might be considered impossible, since there's no direct means of proof outside of purely mathematic or logical arguments (neither of which would apply in this case).

In everyday conversation, it's very reasonable to begin with a claim of impossibility. Consider, for example, the hypothetical situation wherein clearing Survival w/o an EV really was impossible, but not obvious through any means but trial-and-error (that is, there's nothing in Aquanos that said, "You can't beat this w/o an EV"). We'd be having this exact same discussion. Sometimes it really is just up to the other side to prove or disprove something, because one side is simply unable tothere's no real way around that, unfortunately. (I like to approach discussions well knowing this, that if I want to prove my point, sometimes I'm going to have to go out of my way to do so, because the other side is unable to).

Now, whether or not the other side wants to is a different story.

Well, yes, I get why in practical terms you can present an argument where it's up to the other side to disprove the claim because that's all that can be done. It's just that, then, other people not doing so doesn't necessarily prove you right, either. There might well not be anyone invested enough in proving you wrong to spend the time to do so- I think we've seen that here. I think that's part of why burden of proof is usually applied as it is; because lack of disproof of a claim is not the same as proof of that claim.

I also think, and I believe I may have communicated this to some degree before, that a claim presented with reasonably matching warrant (which need not always be hard proof, mind. Your claim could be, as mine is, I believe it may still be plenty possible to clear nightmare survival without a series EV, based on these logical points [insert list of logical points here, I think I've made mine already well enough]), is more likely to meet with reasonable discussion and less keyboard-smashing frustration on both sides.

• 4 weeks later...
The game clearly has become Pay 2 Win, to those arguing that you can keep playing without the EV or the Summoner, that's a lie.
eventually you just hit a wall when progressing in which you are not able to hit the required wave in the required map to get decent loot, I know this is true because I can hit wave 20 on misty on my own, with my own non EV set up, and I have pretty hefty tower/dps stats using split screen, yet the only way I can get beyond wave 20 is with the assistance of a friend that has an EV.

I can't even imagine the disappointment of people just starting the game, and as for the argument about playing with others, good luck with that, it's a rare sight to stumble upon a host who hasn't a fascist demeanor and will kick people without warning on the smallest and most trivial thing like not pressing G when he says so.

No wonder so many people like to play alone, and to play alone you gotta pay 2 win, there is not way around it, I'm sorry but it's a factual truth, the hit in the number of players the game took after the release of the Summoner is just so obvious, I used to have a friend list full of people playing DD, now it's 4 at most, and when you look for a game in the server list, you just don't see that many high level games anymore.

So people are either playing private (solo) matches, because of the problems with the attitude of some hosts/attendants, or they just got feed of being used as cash cows.

Stop being in denial, you are not doing anyone a favor with that, Trendy is ruining the game with their actions and it helps no one to tell them otherwise.

ok i'm gonna take the bait. i have mediocer stats at best. so does my runnin mate. but me him and u misty survival any night. only the first for heros. we compleat you come and post a retration? fair enuff? my steam id is same as all my id's