Suggestion: Summoner overlord overview map enhancements

I have to say, I'm impressed with the gameplay of the summoner. That said, it can be a little frustrating to play on large maps, which can take a while to pan in overlord mode, even with ALT held down. If I may, a little constructive criticism:

• Allow clicking on the overview map to move the view instantly to that location.
  • Show an indicator of where the camera is currently, on the map. (This one's not that crucial, as most people are familiar with most of the maps, but it helps getting a quick bearing if you don't have much time to spare.)
  • When calling out, the callout should be placed at the cursor location, not where the summoner is located (which could be halfway across the map).

It would be awesome to see these implemented.

• When calling out, the callout should be placed at the cursor location, not where the summoner is located (which could be halfway across the map).

This would be very nice.

Love the first one and last one as you said second one would not be necessary but I do think it could help but the the other two are a must have imo.

Last time our live stream group played I pretty much said the exact same 3 things :D

2 & 3 should be easy to implement if they just change how the mode works to be not just your camera but actually have properties of a character so that your icon shows up on the map and your ping goes to your location.

The first one probably would take some kind of coding that may or may not be easy to do but it would make the summoner much better as you can just look at the map and where you see problems teleport there to repair & upgrade or heal etc.

For number 1 and 2, how about Overlord mode by default having a minimap. The area of the map being viewed by the camera would be shown on the minimap as a box encompassing the area. Clicking on an area outside of that box would automagically shift the camera's view to that location.

For number 1 and 2, how about Overlord mode by default having a minimap. The area of the map being viewed by the camera would be shown on the minimap as a box encompassing the area. Clicking on an area outside of that box would automagically shift the camera's view to that location.

Perhaps, but it seems a little redundant to me. I'm already used to bringing up the map a lot, so a smaller one doesn't seem as useful. Plus, they'd have to redesign the UI a bit, and it might just add more clutter to the screen.

Not to start drama or anything, but I could swear I've been hearing all those ideas bouncing around the suggestions board since like, 10 minutes after summoner came out (maybe slight exaggeration, but still). Not saying Ambient didn't think 'em up, as they are pretty solid common-sense ideas.

Glad to hear it's happening, but that this gets a dev response does seem to lend a bit of credence to claims that the suggestions boards are where good ideas go to die.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?63552-Summoner-Overlord-View-Callout-action.
http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?63350-Summoner-Overlord-Mode-Automatic-Map-Movement

Can't at the moment find a link for the camera indicator being on the map, but I know I heard about that as well at some point or another.

overload mode still only allows very limited zooming and does not allow rotating.

would be nice if they made it more like spectator mode.

I agree, it doesn't matter at all who posted it first. It's just cool to see more good ideas implemented!

Glad to hear it's happening, but that this gets a dev response does seem to lend a bit of credence to claims that the suggestions boards are where good ideas go to die.

I can't help but agree with this.

It makes me wonder... Why can we start threads here? Does the Patch Notes forum really need anything other than the sticky threads?

The point of my post was more to get at that. And to say that if this thread had gotten moved to suggestions before the devs saw it, these additions might not be seeing the light of day.

In general, the current state of affairs seems to reward putting suggestions in the patch notes board. Since they actually seem to get read here.

Awesome! glad on #3 being implimented :D i made a poll/thread just a day or two ago in the suggestions area for it too xD

The point of my post was more to get at that. And to say that if this thread had gotten moved to suggestions before the devs saw it, these additions might not be seeing the light of day.

In general, the current state of affairs seems to reward putting suggestions in the patch notes board. Since they actually seem to get read here.

I agree, and didn't mean to suggest that you cared about who posted when. I edited my post to be more clear.