Sign in to follow this  
Lennysfury

Changes to NM surv with the summoner...

So i have yet to test it out due to getting to 74 last night and changing over my gear to the summoner, but with how many summons you can do on the later maps and how much damage i was wondering what you guys thought about changing 1 harpoon on aqua for like 3 archers and 2 mages with a buff beam. the down fall is they do not pierce but on the upside the main thing we have harps for is to deal with orgres. The upside is the dps of 3 archers and 2 mages will be about 7 times higher than a single harp. My main concern from tinkering around last night is the range on them though. It does not seem to be very far. Anyone tried this to free up DU for more traps and auras?

Atm I'm just putting mages behind walls to help with ogres this helps clear ogres out of the way so my harpoons can focus on those sharkern.

You don't need to change anything. They are separate DU counters.

If this is what we get for having to deal with Sharken and Djinn, it's more than a fair trade on our favor. Atm, I've got like 30 archers scattering the map behind harpoons. There's no reason that literally anyone shouldn't be able to finish any map now with as much as we can put down now.

Surv is like super easy now :) 5 archers per lane? that means 250k extra dps with decent stats and with boost ahh... Its like crazy what you can do now. Makes alot more fun now :)

I think changing all the builds is the next step tbh, adding maybe heal aura for minonins, going no wall let ogres replace walls... Etc

Not rethinking the way we build would be silly

Just something to think about:

You can fit about 10 archers in a 6 DU buff beam.

This setup costs:
470 Mana
6 DU
40 MU

That is equivalent to 5 harpoons. The harpoons still win out in the end - but on some maps you have a mobile force that can turn around and kill spiders.

With 1K in minion range I'm still only getting a fraction of the range of a non-upgraded harpoon tower.

Fire rate on those archers is a real bummer, though. Even buffed. I like them as boosters as described above, to work out kinks in current builds. To completely rethink builds is too early in my opinion, because as the patch notes show, there will be some changes to the summoner.

Work with what works best, i guess.

I'm not saying they should be replacing harpoons - I still think they are superior in almost every way. But 2 archers basically = a harpoon from a building aspect.

I still haven't figured out whether getting the range up is worth it vs just going high damage. I have had almost no luck with range. With a monk pet I can get the range close to the harpoon - but you have to be standing next to them for that to be effective.

well im just messing around with a build now that im home on NM aqua surv. I dropped 3 poons and a few reflect walls. that way i could had 4 buff beams in and then just put like 5 archers, 2 mages and 2 spiders at each defence....im dropping ogres on wave 20 in about 10 seconds with no dps out. So far im liking the build, i will try to post it if i have time and if i get to wave 30 with it.

Well got to wave 27 before an ogre glitched behind my defences and aoed my poor crystal. all in all it was a good run, i could afk up to wave 25 with no problems. brought a buddy in at 25, 26, and 27 and we just helped kill they ogres and everything else was cake.

Summoner helps a LOT just by tossing a few archers behind your towers. They'll take Spiders out no problem and are virtually immune to the *******s themselves. Also, they add a decent amount of DPS when there aren't any Spiders.

Range scales incredibly badly. You're better focusing on damage. Also, use mages. They heal themselves. And a buff beamed, tower boosted mage will do around 1.5m per shot. Put 5 of them down per wall. With harpoons, not instead of. No minion range is ever going to be enough to shoot stuff caught in gas. That's what the harpoons are for.

Minions are for anything that makes it to the walls, so you might as well use the thing that does the most damage.

If you add an imp into the mix, all repairs are also taken care of. Go read a book while the game wins itself.

i agree with what zing had to say
i dont even modify the builds for them, i just put 3-4 archers on the walls and have magestack on whatever buff beams i can :P

Was to be expected if you ask me. My fully buffed mage did 1.5M dmg with one shot and shoots very quick, so who needs towers ;)