What DLC class to buy..?

Hi guys,
I have 16 available to waste on DD DLC and I figured i'd get that 4part mission pack that unlocks nightmare mode and a class. However having to chose from 3 classes and not having that much of an experience in DD i figured it'd be best to come on here and ask for your guys opinion.

I only have a DPS huntress for the time being so I guess a waller class would be a good fit but if there is any class that both has a viable DPS and Tower build (not hybrid) that'd be the class i'd go for probably.

Thanks in advance!

You should definitely get the Summoner, as that is the most different from the standard classes. The next hero depends on your preferences: If you want another towering char with really cool towers, get the Series EV, but if you are interested in a pure dps melee powerhouse, the Barbarian should be the next thing you get after the Summoner.

The problem is, as a waller class, nothing beats the Series EV, but it has reduced damage compared to Mages and Hunters (with the same weapons), so it wouldn't be a good DPS class. The Barbarian has good DPS output, but it doesn't have any towers. Tough choice ;-)

I just read up on the MU that summoners get. It would work out pretty well because for now i am playing the DPS huntress with my bro who only has a tower squire. If i get a summoner i could put up some additional towers and make our life a bit easier (we still havent really collected any amazing gear so far ^^) .

Thanks for the feedback btw! I will do some more thinking while paypal is being slow recieving my money :( ^^

You should definitely get the Summoner, as that is the most different from the standard classes. The next hero depends on your preferences: If you want another towering char with really cool towers, get the Series EV, but if you are interested in a pure dps melee powerhouse, the Barbarian should be the next thing you get after the Summoner.

The problem is, as a waller class, nothing beats the Series EV, but it has reduced damage compared to Mages and Hunters (with the same weapons), so it wouldn't be a good DPS class. The Barbarian has good DPS output, but it doesn't have any towers. Tough choice ;-)

Series EV pays off for the lower dps with higher hp pool thus having bigger survivability than a Huntress or Apprentice, in addition to that since she can equip two weapons, she'll be able to utilize herself into different combat situation.

Series EV. All other answers are wrong. If you're just looking for a good time and arnt bothered with progression then get the summoner but if you wanna get to the heavy hitters club, you're gonna need a Series EV.

Dont bother with the barb; fun for a bit but get replaced by a monk or countess eventually.

Series EV. All other answers are wrong. If you're just looking for a good time and arnt bothered with progression then get the summoner but if you wanna get to the heavy hitters club, you're gonna need a Series EV.

Dont bother with the barb; fun for a bit but get replaced by a monk or countess eventually.

I would argue that both the EV and the summoner provide a massive boost in their own way and both would be reasonable classes. My personal suggestion if you really enjoy the game would be to buy both, maybe even wait til later today and see if any of the DLC is on sale.

I would argue that both the EV and the summoner provide a massive boost in their own way and both would be reasonable classes. My personal suggestion if you really enjoy the game would be to buy both, maybe even wait til later today and see if any of the DLC is on sale.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Both are pretty beneficial to any build. EV's variable wall abilities and buff beams, as well as weapon swapping flexibility can make a pretty big difference. Summoner's mobs are mobile, can attack omni-directionally, and since they draw from their own pool and not the DU, you're essentially doubling the amount of defenses you can summon. You really can't go wrong picking between the two.

I will probably end up buying both classes eventually however i only have 16€ in the process of being wired to my paypal (because the recent change in dexia bank becoming belfius bank in Belgium hasnt gotten thru to the steam payment method yet i have to first wire it to paypal and wait 2 days in order for it to be usable -.-)

I have to say as much as I like hacking around as the Barbarian, he doesn't really add as much as the EV's beams or the entire minion mechanic that the Summoner adds. Definately go for one of them first :3

Barbarian is definitely the least interesting/weakest link of the 3 DLC classes. He's okay, but probably not worth the money. Plus, his electric stance is still absolutely useless and probably always will be.

I would go with EV or Summoner. If you want something more offense focused/supplemental from a tower defense standpoint, get Summoner because of the MU system. If you want more of a general helping hand/even better dps, go with EV. Summoner is the best one yet in my opinion but EV is also really good.

You'd probably get the most enjoyment with Summoner and partnering up with your brother.

Yeah. Whoever said Barb is DPS powerhouse is talking nonsense. It's powerful, sure, but save your money and use a monk.
pick between (or both of) series EV and summoner. I'd go EV first. Buff beams.

Summoner wil irectly improve your builds withut any penalty, whereas Series EV requires you drop something to use her beams.

While both will improve you overall, summoner has essentially no drawbacks - he'll simply increase your capabilities.

Barbarian isn't really needed for anything in particular, especially with Nightmare's incredible focus on builders.

Barbarian isn't really needed for anything in particular, especially with Nightmare's incredible focus on builders.

But he sure is a hell of a lot of fun.

Depends, If you play solo then get EV, If your a multiplayer then summoner is great, Both are perfect. I think EV is better then summoner for a first hero dlc purchase but they are all equal. Barbarian is a pretty bad choice.

[quote]Yeah. Whoever said Barb is DPS powerhouse is talking nonsense. It's powerful, sure, but save your money and use a monk.[/quote]
I've not been here for over a month, but by then (soon before Monk boost), everybody said that barbarian is a must for tanking, bosses and a plenty of challenges. Now it has all turned around and it's not the first time.
The only thing we can be sure about that the balance of this game changes every month with a patch that buffs/nerfs some chars.

Coming back to the topic, I like Series EV personally. It has a plenty of tricks to use in every situation, but will always remain a support class.
Don't have barbarian, maybe I'll buy some one day.
Summoner feels weird and unusual, but that's what many people enjoy. If you can and want to use him, he's a good option.