Sign in to follow this  
kaisheng1991

[analyse] monk weapon breakdown

Hi Guys, im currently exploring the "best" Monk end game weapon right now! Been seeing loads of different people using different weaps so i was wondering which weapon is indeed the best for a late game monk right now!

Nosferatu

High End Base Stats:
1300 Dmg
250 Ups
7 Projectiles
80 Dmg/up

Fully Up'd Nosferatu:
1300 + (249x80) = 21,220

Up Close Dps On Puppet Base On Raw Calculation:
21,220 x 7 = 148,540 (White Dmg)

Far Dps On Puppet Base On Raw Calculation (2 Bullets hitting Puppet):
21,220 x 2 = 42,440 (White Dmg)

Lemurian Halberd

High End Base Stats:
2000 Dmg
300 Ups
7 Projectiles
104 Dmg/up

Fully Up'd Lemurians:
2000 + (299x104) = 33,096

33,096 x 7 = 231,672 (Blue Dmg)

33,096 x 2 = 66,192 (Blue Dmg)

Random Sup Weapon

High End Base Stats:
2000 Dmg (Best I've Seen)
330 Ups (Best ups i've seen)
5 Projectiles
80 Dmg/up

Fully Up'd Sup Weapon:
2000 + (330x80) = 28,320

28,320 x 5 = 141,600 (White/Blue Dmg)

28,320 x 2 = 56,640 (White/Blue Dmg)

Ok So the conclusion i can draw so far is that, for Far DPS, the weapon are ranked,

1. Lemurians
2. Sup Weapon
3. Nosferatu

For Close Dps,

1. Lemurians
2. Nosferatus
3. Sup Weap

In terms of stats Potential,

1. Sup Weap
2. Lemurians
3. Nosferatus

After comparing these raw numbers i've calculated, the golden question is,

Which weapon is better in terms of DPS? (Both up close and far) Is the stats potential on Sup Weapons really > 3 more bullets for Lemmies? Is the Blue Dmg for lemmies really worth using considering there are lightning immunes out there?

P.s. I know this is not suited in the guide section, but i guess when everyone contributes a bit i can make the high-end stats of monk weapons more accurate and can convert this tread into a guide-ish one :D:D:D

Thanks in advance for all replies!!

24/05/2012 - Modified the Lemurians dmg and Ups potential, contributions Maka & Next_Legend

A good supreme aqua lance with high hero stats and boosts seems a lot more useful for the way I play the more I think about it. Not sure why I'm still using this 252 up Nosferatu.

A good supreme aqua lance with high hero stats and boosts seems a lot more useful for the way I play the more I think about it. Not sure why I'm still using this 252 up Nosferatu.

Precisely. Lol Nosferatu is more sexy isnt it? :D Plus i personally love the normal damage! wont have any problems with stuck'd weird creeps somewhere?

Wasn't talking about the Halberd. The aqua lances do normal damage dont they?, just fewer projectiles and a weak spread I guess. I always find them with insanely low base ranged dmg though.

Lemurians come much higher than 250^. They spawn the same ups as any other sup. Highest I have found is 325. It ended up around 36k dmg, dun remeber the base but u can do the math.

I find weapon damage increasingly pointless for many cases.

For me weapon is just a stats stick. In NM my seahorse profits from atk stat and hero boost stat a lot, why bother with weapon damage anymore. I'd rather have a 400hp, 400 atk and 400 boost stat stick than put a lot of upgrades into weapon damage.

Compared to a 250^ or higher seahorse player weapon damage does seem rather insignificant.

Well, that's just incredibly short sighted.

I have a 280 spider leg with +300 attack/+80 hp, and all the ups ploughed into weapon damage.

I just did a test with my seapony (it's a bad one, 188 ups). Going from 1700 hero attack (302k damage per hit) to 2150 hero damage (328k damage per hit).
DPS goes from 4.8m to 4.5m. I gained 300k DPS for 450 hero damage (or about ~6% more damage for ~25% more hero attack).

My weapon does 7m damage on the dummy. Take the NM reduction into account, you're looking at ~1.2m
So, 300k vs 1.2m. Not really much of a comparison

Hero damage scales INCREDIBLY badly after about 1200. You are 100%-without-question better off using a weapon to deal damage and having 300 less hero attack.

And let's ignore the fact that the seahorse only does elemental damage, shall we? Because right now, with no way of attacking, you're screwed outside a strength drain against anything poison based.

tl;dr ignore the previous post. It's nonsense.

edit: addendum: obviously for an aura monk, you want all the points in stats.

I mostly agree with Markusoro, a good supreme weapon with +400 hero boost for the old Seahorse is the best DPS weapon. My Seahorse does roughly 15m (Nightmare) dps with hero boost on, whereas I do maybe 750k-1m under the same conditions. I still spend all my ups on a DPS weapon on weapon damage though, because I need to be able to kill the odd poison immune ninja or whatever.

Yeah, your math is wrong there, Zing. You're including the nightmare penalty for player damage but not including the nightmare buff for pet damage.

I don't pretend to have the level of pets that you guys do, but I know for a fact I'm not doing anything in nightmare while my pet shreds things left and right.

Try to balance your dps stats with boost stats, monk is a support/dps, or a builder. Good boost increases overall dps of pet/self, and tower boost increases overall dps the best , especially in areas with multiple defenses doing damage.

And let's ignore the fact that the seahorse only does elemental damage, shall we? Because right now, with no way of attacking, you're screwed outside a strength drain against anything poison based.

Isn't it the same for Lemurians?

I get it that there isnt anything that is duo immune right now, but is the damage of 5k/bullet more then sup weapons really worth losing the potential 400 stats on Hhealth, Hdmg, Tboost and Hboost? Of course im comparing less uber lems with sup weapon?It would be like,

33k/bullet, 100 average stats Lemmies vs 28k/bullet, 400 average or possibly capped?

And just a random thought, what if there's an even more dps pet in the future that does lightning dmg that is > horsie? Wouldn't that cripple lemmies greatly?

To sum up, i guess most superior supporters have the intention in mind of letting their horsea do damage, and hero as a supplementary role, as compared to lemmies supporters who believes in hero dps+horsea dps?

Also, i guess it would be helpful if we include rough gauge of prices now? :D So i can draw up a nicely detailed thread later on for all future monk users so this post wont ever repeat itself? :D

I guess ill start off with Nosferatu price since i've personally hunted a 1.3/250 ups one! I'm guessing 3 tokens for high-tier nosferatu?

Agree with Mark, I rather let my seahorse do the DPS legwork and keep my hero back to boost the pet or just survive if the situation deems it. The only time an enemy is not inside an STR aura or gotten stripped out of their element by dark traps are spider air drops, just keep and adequate weapon handy to deal with them. Besides, its not like ALL spiders are poison immune. Almost all enemies will get funneled into a position where they get element stripped so I dont see the seahorse's poison affinity being that much of a problem. Only exceptions and spiders, as I mentioned earlier and Djinns, who dont have any element to speak off.

I dont think weapons are just stat sticks though, its better to at least get your weapon damage to an acceptable amount if for nothing else then to supplement your pet's DPS and for emergency situations.