Sign in to follow this  
bl1nk

Solve the Paranoia

This is the most idiotic post I've seen in months. I'm really sorry, but it is. Firstly you start out with "you joined the forum for a month ago, you must know nothing about gear". I could also say, "you only have 60-70 posts, you must know absolutely nothing about this game. That have NOTHING to do with my point, and it's not a valid argument, given the fact that you can join the forum a long time after starting to play the game.

Secondly, I don't have to disprove, WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, you are the one that should prove what you are saying. When you make a claim about the "truth", then you better live up to it. I can say that there is an unicorn outside my door, and you would never be able to disprove it! What I stated in my first post is that in order to decide whatever or not an item is hacked you will have to know what the maximum stats in an item is. You can't just say "Oh, it has a negative stat, it must be legit", or "Oh, it got no negatives and good stats, it must be hacked!". You are the one saying this isn't a debate, it's the truth. Who is it that is pulling the stunts here?

If you consider what I just said to be trolling, then try and actually debate and think, instead of trying to insult your opponent.

EDIT: I should mention, that "zingfharn" have already made a post explaining the stats in more depth. It's not in favor of your "truth".

i will not debate anything. provide proof. what i have seen, i have seen with my own eyes, and it is all i could possibly go by. Without any proof, this 'debate' is pointless. i also notice you didn't link that thread where whoever said whatever. why dont you do that for me real quick, if you dont mind.
i dont post here often anymore because of trolls. any further attacks will be reported. lets keep it civil, please. From a pond, a turtle will assume he sees an ocean; i know this, which is why i compare notes with others as well, so i have a broader understanding. I'm willing to compare notes on gear with you, but if you attempt to call me anything else it will be reported.

oh, one more thing: opponent? that immediately smacks of trolldom. we are in this together... why would you even SAY that? did you mean something else by it?

While a bit harsh, Lyper makes a strong argument and a valid point about the philosophy behind it.

Once again, simply labeling an item as hacked if it has stats X or is above stats Y is naive at best. This solution will only lead to countless false-accusations and will misinform the DD population by stating false limits of random drops.

We need SOMETHING from Trendy at this point. At the very least they could answer the item checks we submit rather than simply ignoring them; while impractical, this would be a start. The end-gamers are getting tired of it and are dwindling. Urza is an example of this, along with several other prominent and well-known players that I have had personal conversations with. You can add me to that list of frustration as well.

a post above here talked about the random number generator. without asking trendy for the exact way the rng works i dont think that would work, but perhaps we could persue asking trendy about a way of verification, or maybie auto screenshots, or something when someone purchases or trades something, maybie a clickable option? it wont stop them from hacking items and selling them, but it would at least prove you didn't hack it yourself...

Don't knock trendy for not replying if you send in an item.. They can't tell if it's hacked or not either since items in this game don't spawn with an id or anything, they can't go and retrieve what it's original stats were!

I have a question for those more experienced in this game than i.. Can an item spawn that has RNG'd more points in a stat than is possible to upgrade it to? (ie. the maximum you can upgrade something to on my seahorse is 460, but one of its stats were 478 when i found it (example)).

Oh, something else i wanted to mention is that Trendy WON'T say what the highest possible stats would look like, because then hackers will see it and make their hacked items fall under these parameters!

I have a question for those more experienced in this game than i.. Can an item spawn that has RNG'd more points in a stat than is possible to upgrade it to? (ie. the maximum you can upgrade something to on my seahorse is 460, but one of its stats were 478 when i found it (example)).

Yes, those items are called "overcapped". It happens often with pets.

i will not debate anything. provide proof. what i have seen, i have seen with my own eyes, and it is all i could possibly go by. Without any proof, this 'debate' is pointless. i also notice you didn't link that thread where whoever said whatever. why dont you do that for me real quick, if you dont mind.
i dont post here often anymore because of trolls. any further attacks will be reported. lets keep it civil, please. From a pond, a turtle will assume he sees an ocean; i know this, which is why i compare notes with others as well, so i have a broader understanding. I'm willing to compare notes on gear with you, but if you attempt to call me anything else it will be reported.

oh, one more thing: opponent? that immediately smacks of trolldom. we are in this together... why would you even SAY that? did you mean something else by it?

The word opponent can be used in a debate, which this is. You don't have to constantly call someone a troll for debating with you, it devalues what I stand for. You seem to think, that for some reason you have the higher ground. You are the one making the accusation about item stats, where as I say that they are pretty much random, and you can't run around and clearly define what is hacked and not hacked. The post I talked about is in this thread, and his name is "zingfharn".

I love the "further attacks" thing you added. As i see it, I'm the one defending a position, where you are the one, calling me a troll in every god damn post. I've never called you anything, I said the post that you made had a poor reasoning behind it, thus the word "idiotic" was used. This was only about the position you portrayed, and not about you as a person.

The word opponent can be used in a debate, which this is. You don't have to constantly call someone a troll for debating with you, it devalues what I stand for. You seem to think, that for some reason you have the higher ground. You are the one making the accusation about item stats, where as I say that they are pretty much random, and you can't run around and clearly define what is hacked and not hacked. The post I talked about is in this thread, and his name is "zingfharn".

I love the "further attacks" thing you added. As i see it, I'm the one defending a position, where you are the one, calling me a troll in every god damn post. I've never called you anything, I said the post that you made had a poor reasoning behind it, thus the word "idiotic" was used. This was only about the position you portrayed, and not about you as a person.

without the link, you are just trolling. your entire post is moot without it. i will no longer respond to you. feel free to ask others for help, because i offered you the olive branch, and all you saw was that it was clenched in my hand... i'm done. do not respond to me, as i will not respond.

without the link, you are just trolling. your entire post is moot without it. i will no longer respond to you. feel free to ask others for help, because i offered you the olive branch, and all you saw was that it was clenched in my hand... i'm done. do not respond to me, as i will not respond.

Lyper isn't trolling. They are (and you too) are just stating what you believe/see. And evidently, your views don't agree.
However, I feel like you are going off-topic a lot by talking about join dates, words used...etc. Lyper's first response to you wasn't exactly kind either, hence (I think) that ticked you off. /off-topic myself here

It's really difficult to lay down ground rules on what to look for in an item. I believe one thing, then the next item I pickup ends up disproving that. Item stats are just too random to lay down a set of features to look for right now.

Edit/ forgot to quote.

Hey bl1nk,

Sorry that you feel this way. You shouldn't because we look into every account before banning someone and we only ban those who deserve it.

Hey bl1nk,

Sorry that you feel this way. You shouldn't because we look into every account before banning someone and we only ban those who deserve it.

Hmm.. Alright, I think I see what you're getting at. Thanks for the response, I was hoping to hear from some management.