Ogres taking priority over desummoning Djinni? Help w/ Djinni, please.

Hey, guys.

After countless attempts, I've finally mastered my Misty buildSharken aren't ever a problem, Ogres are a joke, and watching Spiders fail is the most satisfying sight ever. The one monster that's unexpectedly giving me the most trouble, though, are the Djinn.

There's no particular choke that's consistently falling, nor is there a particular wave-number wherein it falls. It seems completely and totally random, "Kaerano | 83 Ensnare Aura has fallen." (or a Strength Drain, or a trap). I've tried positioning everything closer, to one side, etc., but somehow one always manages to get desummoned. There's no way anything's falling due to not being repairedI'm extremely active during the waves. This desummoning, of course, screws that whole choke over, since the other 5 - 6 defensive structures were relying on the Buff Beam that also disappears.

Just now, I was able to actually see what was happening: While a couple of Ogres were at my wall, a Djinn leisurely floated above my trap and took its sweet time desummoning it, well within the range of my Harpoon Gun. The gun, though, fired at the ogres (at an angle that didn't touch the Djinnbecause that's not what they were focused on).

Do Ogres take priority over desummoning Djinni? Or is there some weird thing going on here that I'm completely missing?

Gas traps...

Shouldnt ever have problems with djinn mid wave if you are using gas. Its only after the mobs stop tripping them that they become an issue

what active character do u use, try to make it a ranged dps or a boosting monk to deal with these djinn shenanigans

Let me stress this, you CANNOT rely on your towers to kill or take priority on certain enemy types. Especially for Djinn as their pathing can become unpredictable. While gas traps do work 80% of the time, I'll personally handle them just to make sure, because 1 desummoned aura or trap could spell diaster very quickly. It's a good idea to keep an eye on them once they spawn, just to be on the safe side.

Do Ogres take priority over desummoning Djinni? Or is there some weird thing going on here that I'm completely missing?

From what I can tell, the Harpoon targets whatever is closest to it.

I'm... not quite sure what kind of stats you guys have—but if you can run out and kill Djinn on Waves 20+ HC Misty survival before they desummon anything, then I'm probably just not ready to be doing Misty.

I'm... not quite sure what kind of stats you guys have—but if you can run out and kill Djinn on Waves 20+ HC Misty survival before they desummon anything, then I'm probably just not ready to be doing Misty.

Huntress with a Minigun, get one.

I've actually been having this same problem on misty. I'll be fine, and then some djinn stays outside gas trap range and just desummons it, totally screwing everything. Kinda beats the point of using gas traps to halt them :\