Desperate for an answer, PLEASE help!

So I recently got a new computer, and after installing DunDef, I noticed all my data carried over from my last computer. A cool feature I guess, but I wanted to start fresh. Since it clearly isn't local files, will it work is I uninstall the game, turn off Steam Cloud, go into the properties of the game and disable updates and reinstall?

So I recently got a new computer, and after installing DunDef, I noticed all my data carried over from my last computer. A cool feature I guess, but I wanted to start fresh. Since it clearly isn't local files, will it work is I uninstall the game, turn off Steam Cloud, go into the properties of the game and disable updates and reinstall?

When you say, 'starting fresh,' what exactly are you trying to do:

Delete all of your characters?
Not play Dungeon Defenders on the latest patch?

Need more info!

When you say, 'starting fresh,' what exactly are you trying to do:

Delete all of your characters?
Not play Dungeon Defenders on the latest patch?

Need more info!

I'm guessing that he wants all the achievements and mission progress reset too.

I want EVERYTHING to reset. Like I just bought the game.

if your playing on steam the easiest way i know if is make a new steam account, add your good friends and have at it, this will reset all of your achievements and characters and maps. This is the fastest and probably easiest way.

Are you playing on Ranked? If so everything is stored server side so I believe chaosparadox is correct.

Edit to add: Why do you want to do this, by the way? Perhaps someone here could offer some other suggestion if we knew the motivation?

I want EVERYTHING to reset. Like I just bought the game.

Yup, as mentioned - you'll need a new steam account and repurchase the game to do that.

And, this time don't get yourself banned. :)

For Local or Open, you can go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\binaries\

And delete the DunDefHeroes.dun and .bak files. This will let you start over. For ranked, i'm not sure.

This will reset your open/local accomplishments, but you can't reset your steam achievements for ranked without getting a new copy of the game on a different steam account.

If you played ranked --> go to open
if you played open --> go to ranked OR do as stated above.

I dont know how to delete achievements though, but I dont think that is the biggest problem

I dont know how to delete achievements though, but I dont think that is the biggest problem

I'm guessing that this isn't possible, partly because of the winter giveaways steam does when you complete certain achievements and they don't want people to do same ones over and over again to take all the prizes.

You will have to create a new Steam account and purchase a new copy of the game through your new account. Pretty much a waste of money, but hey, it's your money to do with as you see fit.