Barbarian Class just falling behind at the moment

First, you appear to disagree with him:
Rome, I think that YOU don't use the barbarian often enough.

Then, you give two arguments proving his point:
[QUOTE]You've already moved on to the flavor of the month monk.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Just know that if you put both classes next to each other and the monk uses his hero boost, that the barbarian will do far more damage than monk will if similarly geared. That's the revamp that I think the barbarian needs.[/QUOTE]

Barbarian has a lot of potential and is a lot of fun as a DPS class. In the whole game, outside of late waves in HCNM survival, I'd rather play barb for its versatility as a DPS class.

With that said, for the part where you need to min-max everything for a smooth-as-possible run through the late waves of HCNM survival, barb works but, let's be honest, a DPS monk with a seahorse far outshines a barb using the same gear and pet. That's where the barb needs some love from the designers, in my opinion.

First, you appear to disagree with him:

Then, you give two arguments proving his point:

Barbarian has a lot of potential and is a lot of fun as a DPS class. In the whole game, outside of late waves in HCNM survival, I'd rather play barb for its versatility as a DPS class.

With that said, for the part where you need to min-max everything for a smooth-as-possible run through the late waves of HCNM survival, barb works but, let's be honest, a DPS monk with a seahorse far outshines a barb using the same gear and pet. That's where the barb needs some love from the designers, in my opinion.

Yeah, i think so too. Barb certainly could do with some love if TE have the time to have a look at his skills/stances and damage.

From looking at the forum TE have their hands full and to be honest are doing a great job not only with replying to their gamers but also in the patches which have been rolling in non stop, making the game even better. However personally i think they should pause from releasing stuff for just a little bit and re-evaluate all classes so far before bringing out another class like the summoner.

By re-evaluating i mean check that all the classes are close to one another, not necessarily in dmg of course but making sure all the negatives and the positives of each class as in what class can do what and check that they are all even or balanced somewhat.

So far i feel the Barb is behind most classes at the moment, not sure about the others so i won't comment on them.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Barb.
Heh.

See the other thread on this, but as a barb, you're not there to kill trash. Towers do that. If your towers aren't doing that, then you have bigger problems.

Agreed that monk has better DPS. That's ok. Barb has more HP, which makes him more useful for upping rounds (no mana wasted on healing). Hawk with 2 big weapons should easily halve an ogre's health, even at 35m HP. Towers will do the rest. If not, 2 seconds, later, hawk again.

I use siphon in monsterfests for fun. But for survival? Never. You should never be that far from the gates. You should be waiting forogres and then turning them.

My barb has 6k Health, I use hit and run tactics, siphon stance and I do pretty well. Even if my dps is only 15K at 71st. I've gone toe to toe with an ogre with 1.5M health and won the fight at full health.

the key is knowing when to run.

The Barbarian and monk are actually the only 2 worth bringing to high level DPS roles because the damage they deal is so much better than other classes. I think the effectiveness of DPS characters in NM needs looking at more generally because enemy HP and Damage scales up so fast that you are just going to get killed if you try anything even slightly risky.

I think the Monk's Hero damage ramp needs to come down a bit.
Other character's ramps need to go up a bit and Piercing Shot, Mana Bomb and maybe Proton Charge Blast need looking at so they compare a bit more favorably to to power of Hawk Stance. I also think the balance of power between hero damage and pet damage could do with being looked at as well.

I think part of the problem is the feeling that certain classes should be DPS classes when really in a game like dungeon defenders where every class has the option they should prove fairly evenly matched to promote variety.

I will agree that dps monks are a bit overpowered, but barbs are still underpowered and nothing should be on the same level as their dps.they were created to be the best dps, but just don't stand out because of monks. monks having tower boost usually means they are picked before barbs as the active nm class. barbs need to do at least50% more dps in nightmare to make them the obvious killing choice while monks should be considered only for their boosts. I believe hero boost might be better if it only affected the user less than those around him

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Actually justifyying the Barbarian being any significant amount more powerful than other classes on the basis that it is only a DPS class is a bad idea as well since every other class built for DPS mqy as well have no towers either. That is one of the reasons people arguing the reverse, the summoner having poor damage on the basis minions make the game easy, confused me so much. As Dingle said very nicely, A classes ability to build/DPS should have no bearing on its ability to do the other as they are seperate builds with seperate stat requirements to work.

I will add that I don't really mind having some powerful DPS classes though, I am more concerned about the fact several of the classes aren't worth using for DPS late in the game.

• 2 months later...