Replace Slice n' Dice with Trebuchet???

I had an idea, what if the Slice n' Dice was replaced with a Trebuchet?

If you don't know what a trubuchet is, check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebuchet. If you STILL don't know what it does; think of an odd looking catapult that uses counter weights (boring ****.) That said (/opinion,) I honestly believe it would go better with the Squire's medievil tower theme.

P.S. - I apologize for not posting this in suggestions.

I would replace cannon ball with that, you are suggesting a replacement for a meele tower for a long range tower. Kinda doesn't make sense, but yeah slice n dice is probably the most useless tower in the game right now, costs too much DU, bouncer does better than this for dps and health, just less range.

Same with the cannon ball, these vs harpoons, harpoons all the way (both ground and air defense, about same dps, better aiming, better area of effect), and when a harpoon doesnt cut it, mix it with some fire towers! :squire: :apprentice:

that would be awesome, maybe a massive range (but unable to shoot close to itself), massive damage (with a small aoe) and REALLY slow attack speed(and auto targets enemies with the highest health>clumps of enemies>anything else)?

I don't know if I'd want a tower replaced, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in a DLC pack that gives each class perhaps 2 new towers and a new ability (and lets you swap them out at the tavern).

I don't know if I'd want a tower replaced, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in a DLC pack that gives each class perhaps 2 new towers and a new ability (and lets you swap them out at the tavern).

+1, I agree on that, would have to be a moderatly cheap DLC though.

+1, I agree on that, would have to be a moderatly cheap DLC though.

I wouldn't mind paying almost double price of a hero dlc for a DLC pack like that honestly.
Imagine, every single hero getting 2 new towers and 1 ability, it's probably enough to be worth that much, epecially if most of the towers change gameplay even more and are actually usefull.

Its a nice idea. High Damage + Splash. But slow attack speed. If its too fast, just plain weird.

Exactly, its speed would have to be capped off of course.

Another design of the tower could be player determined point of impact!

It better not replace any of the squires current towers... yea lets give them another useful tower with splash. so not only do they have piercing towers but splash towers as well. Why even have an apprentice? i mean most of the population feels this way already but would be even more so with that addition.

Swapping out idea would fail, since people will just make multiple countess or squires with different towers equipt.

It better not replace any of the squires current towers... yea lets give them another useful tower with splash. so not only do they have piercing towers but splash towers as well. Why even have an apprentice? i mean most of the population feels this way already but would be even more so with that addition.

environment piercing DSTs, trash killing LTs, lower DU ogre aggro magnets...

Did i say they were useless? of course not. I said most of the population feels this way. I know what they CAN do. But like 80% people use squires for builders as apposed to app. Not trying to bash just stating a fact that adding that tower in replacement for slice-n-dice would probably make them even less desirable.

Not slice and dice but maybe a cannon ball. Would function similar to a fire tower but a low attack speed. Would be cool.

Not slice and dice but maybe a cannon ball. Would function similar to a fire tower but a low attack speed. Would be cool.

I guess you haven't heard of bowling ball turrets then.

Did i say they were useless? of course not. I said most of the population feels this way. I know what they CAN do. But like 80% people use squires for builders as apposed to app. Not trying to bash just stating a fact that adding that tower in replacement for slice-n-dice would probably make them even less desirable.

mb, i think i replied at 6am "/ not fully awake

I would replace cannon ball with that, you are suggesting a replacement for a meele tower for a long range tower.

A melee tower that isn't present on any single Nightmare mode map build (with good reason)? Slice-n-dice are like that homeless guy you saw in the Macy's elevator. Interesting at first... but once you get further up, you start noticing they stink.

I don't use the Apprentice in Nightmare mode, or at all for that matter. So I can't make suggestions on replacing those particular towers. However, judging by your post, you seem to understand their problems, so why don't you make a suggestions thread with new ideas, rather than derailing mine?! :)

i'm not coming up with this idea. I was simply replying to your idea. Would it be cool to have that tower? of course it would. I'm trying to take a look at this from a broader view though. And as it stands, apprentices aren't used terribly often. When they are used, its for their splash fireball towers. So to implement a ranged tower that replaces a melee one which in turn negates one of the good points of using an apprentice might not be such a good thing. I'm sorry if you feel that i'm derailing your idea, but if you post an idea here it is subject to criticism please dont take it personally

i'm not coming up with this idea. I was simply replying to your idea. Would it be cool to have that tower? of course it would. I'm trying to take a look at this from a broader view though. And as it stands, apprentices aren't used terribly often. When they are used, its for their splash fireball towers.

I disagree, Apprentice towers are extremely helpful to augment a defense. I stated earlier that 'I don't personally use them,' but my partner does incoperate them into our builds. More specifically, the Magic Missles, Fireballs, and Deadly Strikers.

So to implement a ranged tower that replaces a melee one which in turn negates one of the good points of using an apprentice might not be such a good thing. I'm sorry if you feel that i'm derailing your idea, but if you post an idea here it is subject to criticism please dont take it personally

Right now, in any situation, the only Squire tower that I (matter of opinion) find useful is the Harpoon. I can list several better alternatives to using the rest of the Squire's arsenal where other towers have far greater efficiency.

You want to use a wall? Physical Beam or Blockade.
- No need for Spike, Bouncer, or Slice n' Dice.

You want to AoE packs that are snared or gassed? Strength Drain + Fireball or Strength Drain + Explosive Trap.
- Bowling Balls are too unpredictable and cost too many defensive units. In addition, Harpoons are only more effective in if your enemies are in a straight line.

Need to deal with spiders? 2 Magic Missles in certain situations can be better than 1 Harpoon. Or, you can use a gas trap + magic missle. Or you can use an explosive trap + magic missle.

The list goes on, but this is why I've come to suggest a swap in squire towers.

I think just one extra defense for every hero would be enough, except maybe for the Summoner as he already has six minions and maybe only a new ability for the EV and Barbarian (maybe Summoner too), as their gender swaps don't add a different ability unlike the other heroes' gender swaps.

I have no idea what defenses we could give to the Apprentice, Huntress, Monk, EV and Barbarian; but the Trebuchet could work for the Squire. You'd be able to choose between either a really slow-firing splash tower that shoots its projectiles in an arc to its target, or a decent speed-firing tower that fires its elemental projectiles straight to its target.
The sixth defense would be added in the middle of the Defenses action wheel, just like the Summoner has the Ogre in the middle. That way you can swap them off and on your hotkeys anytime.

I personally would pay for a DLC like this, probably up to 3,99 (on sale first week for 2,99).

You want to use a wall? Physical Beam or Blockade.
- No need for Spike, Bouncer, or Slice n' Dice.

What if you want a wall that also does damage? :) :squire:

Then play another game that doesn't involve increasing the usability and effectiveness of a class which already outclasses every other. ;)

Of course there are several ways to deal with things... i obviously dont use ONLY squire towers. Lets face it though, squire seems to be the overall choice in a "builder" class. When you join a game, what builder do you expect to see? squire. Please stop taking what i say in the wrong context... All i'm saying is that i dont want to keep only, for the majority, seeing squire builders. I get it, they only have their "harpoons" going for them, which is arguable, at any rate Replacing a more useless tower with one of more functionality might just tip the scales further in their favor. Now, if this were to be applied with an apprentice buff, then i would be ok with it. I'm not saying the idea isn't cool, i'm not saying apprentices are useless. I just dont want the already existing unbalance between apprentice builders and squire builders to become more of a problem.

Please stop taking what i say in the wrong context... All i'm saying is that i dont want to keep only, for the majority, seeing squire builders.

No one is taking your opinion in the wrong context, and I see it as everyone having a healthy debate.

I wanna see all the underused towers either improved or replaced, personally. As my sense of it is, that would mostly be an apprentice buff. If I had to pick 1 tower I think should be flat-out replaced, it'd be the apprentice wall. Haven't used those for anything but filling 1 DU since I realized I could swap characters in the build phase.

After that, yeah, slince n' dice needs work, for sure. Whether it's being completely replaced or just tweaked (du cost is ridiculous for how crap it really is), it''s certainly on my mental list of under-used towers.

In fact, pretty much all the 'final' towers need some work, arguably (except buff beam, lol). Deadly striker... is slow and generally unimpressive otherwise (and costs a ton of du), slice n' dice doesn't scale with attack rate in a meaningful way, making it's scaling in generally significantly poorer than most towers (and costs a ton of du), enrage aura just clumps things up, the damage monsters deal to each other is effectively meaningless (and it costs a lot of du for what it does do), and ethereal spike trap is more or less outclassed by proximity mines in every way (except for flying mobs, but there are better ways to deal with them).

I do love this game, but I wish Trendy would take a look at what towers people don't really use very often and why, and try to tweak things to make them more competitive with each other. Then maybe we'll see less squire only builds.