Good place to learn game?

There is a ton of information on here about map builds and all that good stuff, but being a newbie and just starting the game I am kind of lost as to what I should be working towards for higher levels, like what stats I should put in to each character and different possible builds for them.

Is there also a clan/team that focuses on things like this for newbies? I would love to play with other people and learn the game together, or even with good players that are willing to teach others.

My last question is on the DLC. What DLC is worth getting and should I bother with it until I have gotten through some of the original content?

Thanks in adavance :squire:

I take it you've looked at the guides section either here or the DD wiki?

Anyway:

Newbs - if you're starting the game from scratch, I recommend either beginning with a squire or apprentice. It may be worth trying to make them tower orientated to give yourself an easier time, or making sure you have enough tower stats at least anyway. And I'd start on either easy or medium modes for difficulty. If you want to gear up a monk or a huntress, I suggest playing with other people or having either a squire or apprentice to back them up. Asides from that, well, I'm sure you can learn for yourself! :ogre:

Clans - Haven't heard of any specifically for newbies, but I'm sure you'll find some along the way if you join custom games.

DLC - If you're going to get any DLC, I'd suggest the Eternia Shards DLC 1-4, as this adds on plenty of new content (maps, challenges, monsters and a new difficulty).

I take it you've looked at the guides section either here or the DD wiki?

Anyway:

Newbs - if you're starting the game from scratch, I recommend either beginning with a squire or apprentice. It may be worth trying to make them tower orientated to give yourself an easier time, or making sure you have enough tower stats at least anyway. And I'd start on either easy or medium modes for difficulty. If you want to gear up a monk or a huntress, I suggest playing with other people or having either a squire or apprentice to back them up. Asides from that, well, I'm sure you can learn for yourself! :ogre:

Clans - Haven't heard of any specifically for newbies, but I'm sure you'll find some along the way if you join custom games.

DLC - If you're going to get any DLC, I'd suggest the Eternia Shards DLC 1-4, as this adds on plenty of new content (maps, challenges, monsters and a new difficulty).

I have been working on those two classes generally using the apprentice for towers and the squire for walls and making him tankish, playing on medium as well. I'll probably get the eternia shard DLCs and the series EV plus maybe the barbarian.

If needed you can add me on steam. fragmaster922011. I dont have a problem lending a hand to new players.

If needed you can add me on steam. fragmaster922011. I dont have a problem lending a hand to new players.

Couldn't find you.

I remember hearing something about having 4 players in a game messing something up, but not sure if I am just making it up.

I highly recommend you get the series EV.

Also, level 1-2 character of each class, one for DPS, the other for tower(or one tower of each and a dps monk). For the EV, if you one day get to real high stats(which you probably will), you should have 2, one for walls and one for buff-beams and reflection beams.
I recommend to lvl a tower squire first, they are the most viable. start on medium deeper well until you get the harpoon, then do insane deeper well to 15-20. After, proceed through the campaign. The next good lvling point is ramparts hard hardcore, insane if you can. At that point you should be able to start leveling other characters, I recommend you go like this: Squire(should already be done)---Huntress/monk---huntress/monk--- apprentice.(tower geared first)

If you really enjoy the game and want lots of challenge, but the eternia shard complete DLC pack.

One last thing, be patient, the game sometimes can be frustrating.

EDIT: Do not put hero/tower stats onto your weapons, go for generic damage(elemental is not that good), at least for the beginning when you are under lvl 74.
RE-EDIT: the most important point, PLAY ON RANKED MODE

I highly recommend you get the series EV.

Also, level 1-2 character of each class, one for DPS, the other for tower(or one tower of each and a dps monk). For the EV, if you one day get to real high stats(which you probably will), you should have 2, one for walls and one for buff-beams and reflection beams.
I recommend to lvl a tower squire first, they are the most viable. start on medium deeper well until you get the harpoon, then do insane deeper well to 15-20. After, proceed through the campaign. The next good lvling point is ramparts hard hardcore, insane if you can. At that point you should be able to start leveling other characters, I recommend you go like this: Squire(should already be done)---Huntress/monk---huntress/monk--- apprentice.(tower geared first)

If you really enjoy the game and want lots of challenge, but the eternia shard complete DLC pack.

One last thing, be patient, the game sometimes can be frustrating.

EDIT: Do not put hero/tower stats onto your weapons, go for generic damage(elemental is not that good), at least for the beginning when you are under lvl 74.
RE-EDIT: the most important point, PLAY ON RANKED MODE

I have a few questions about this. When I build the character for towers should I put any stats into the character skills, or the tower stats excluding tower health? I'm assuming for walls I should only upgrade wall health? Should DPS have any tower stats at all?

Also, do the tower stats apply from the character that summoned or are they applied from the character that is in the combat phase?

Currently, I've been using apprentice for tower and using squire for walls. I might make a squire for walls once I have gone through most of the missions, or if I start to get stuck on medium. Huntress has me a bit confused on how to use traps effectively, and I haven't tried monk yet.

Thanks for the info btw :)

Towers have the stats of the builder and not whatever character is active (but there is a active builder bonus not sure of %)
And
Seriously buy ev she is soooo worth it and turn her into a wallet putting all stats into tower hp
Make a squire builder which you will want to focus mostly on tower attack and tower speed
Then make an aura monk focusing mostly on tower range and tower hp
This should be enough to get into nightmare after which you will want a trapstress a boost monk and a dps charecter
You might also want to invest a tenner in the shards pack as it adds a lot of content

Oh and don't worry too much about where you put your points you can respect hero for 100k when you know what your doing a bit more....I did with 2 of mine

Towers have the stats of the builder and not whatever character is active (but there is a active builder bonus not sure of %)
And
Seriously buy ev she is soooo worth it and turn her into a wallet putting all stats into tower hp
Make a squire builder which you will want to focus mostly on tower attack and tower speed
Then make an aura monk focusing mostly on tower range and tower hp
This should be enough to get into nightmare after which you will want a trapstress a boost monk and a dps charecter
You might also want to invest a tenner in the shards pack as it adds a lot of content

Oh and don't worry too much about where you put your points you can respect hero for 100k when you know what your doing a bit more....I did with 2 of mine

For squire/apprentice tower builds should I mainly focus attack and speed (AoE at all)?
For waller can I use a squire until I get EV and then put all puts into tower health?
For a boost EV what stats should I use?
The boost monk seems simple enough for the stats, but what about traptress?
What is good for a dps character?

What is the max amount of stats I can use and what is the max for each individual placement?

For squire/apprentice tower builds should I mainly focus attack and speed (AoE at all)?
For waller can I use a squire until I get EV and then put all puts into tower health?
For a boost EV what stats should I use?
The boost monk seems simple enough for the stats, but what about traptress?
What is good for a dps character?

What is the max amount of stats I can use and what is the max for each individual placement?

1. Yes don't worry about aoe it will sort itself out
2. Again yes you can use a squire but ev is. So good as a waller and with boost beams thrown. In worth buying as soon as possible
3.dont worry about making a boost ev just use your waller for boost beams as the damage scales badly so it won't make much difference
4. My huntress is mostly aoe damage and number of charges but attack rate is also useful
5.i would start by using a dps person like the barb or the squire as they have high hopes and I found this usefully for survival as ninjas hit you no matter what and they can tank wholes repairing towers

Hope this helps