I Blame The System for Freeze Issues

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iyashii the point you made about replacing the thermal compounds is completely irrelevant. Replacing the compund merely extends the life of the GPU/CPU by preventing it from over heating. To let you know my game crashes multiple times a day and this is a direct cause of the DLCs that the consoles were not meant to get, I have only had my system since November. The GPU(Graphics Card) is no where near strong enough to handle the recommended settings for this game. The computer equivilance to the PS3 GPU is the Nvidia 7800 GS were the recommended for the PC is The Geforce 220 GT.
To save you on the effort in searching up the individual parts I will kindly provide you with the infrmation.
Nvidia 7800 GS:Core Clock: 375 MHz , Memory Clock: 1.2 GHz
Nvidia geforce 220 GT: Core Clock: 625/1,360 MHz, Memory Clock: 1.8 GHz
Your case is most definitely RARE, to be honest I am happy for you. Rather than reading other peoples complaints please have them read that message that all of us recieve in Febuary about NOT RECIEVING ANYMORE DLC. we all should at least expect some issues. This is a case of Simple Marketing (Supply and Demand), if we want if bad enough they will supply it to us. Remember Halo 2, FF XIV, and all those other rushed game that we all experienced problems with, it is all the same in the end MONEY!!!!!

The thermal paste is completely relevant. It is not there to "extend" the life of anything. It is there to allow the hardware to function properly.

That's like having a video card's fan broken and saying that the fan is not the cause of the video card not working.
It's like having a broken cooling system on our processor and claiming that's not why your computer keeps shutting off.

Is my case rare? Who knows. Is anybody else up for the challenge to test this? With all these people claiming freezing issues I haven't seen any. What is different between our PS3s? Think about what is different and what we get from playing. It's hard to say if I am in the minority here if no one else can compare the solution I am stating.

As for the "No PC exclusive DLC coming" message you are saying, what does that have to do with anything?
Supply and demand is not as literal as you are making it seem. Every single console player could demand the DLC, but if Trendy has decided they would lose profit on it no amount of "demand" would make them supply it.

Given their response regarding the DLC and console hardware limitations I would bet the game would have to be optimized to allow the DLC. That would involve Trendy to re-write the game's code and optimize it. The cost of that could not be made back with selling the DLC at a feasible price.

Remember that it's not a matter of demand; it's a matter of making profit.

You still haven't said whether or not you can play aquanos with 4 people online and not freeze on a consistent bases.

And also you have already admitted it's trendys fault,lol.
...Or morrago

I haven't had time to play Aquanos on the PS3 yet, but I can run it and test it for you.
I have never had any freezes on either of the past DLC maps.

I am not saying Trendy is at fault for the freezing issues. I am claiming that the game is taxing the PS3 and the stock thermal paste cannot keep up.

Poor optimization is the developers fault, period. Also, in case you haven't noticed there are plenty of people on here saying they have nearly brand new ps3's and are still freezing. again, my ps3 is over a year old. DD is absolutely the only game Ive ever experienced freezing to this degree, oblivion used to freeze on my Xbox once in a while, but no where near to this extent. I am happy that your system doesn't freeze on you. You do play Moraggo on insane with 4 players then right?

Poor optimization is the developers fault, period. Also, in case you haven't noticed there are plenty of people on here saying they have nearly brand new ps3's and are still freezing. again, my ps3 is over a year old. DD is absolutely the only game Ive ever experienced freezing to this degree, oblivion used to freeze on my Xbox once in a while, but no where near to this extent. I am happy that your system doesn't freeze on you. You do play Moraggo on insane with 4 players then right?

Poor optimization, at least I wouldn't, consider it a "fault" unless there is proof it is causing issues.
We can argue if poor optimization causes freezing, but given Trendy cannot replicate the issue I would argue against it.

I would very much like to hear from somebody who has the knowledge to replace their thermal paste, especially on a new slim, and see if that helps them.

Like I have said, yes I have played Moraggo with a full game and not had any freezes. I posted that I was going to test out 4 player Moraggo with the towers all being mine and I will do so when I have time.

Poor optimization, at least I wouldn't, consider it a "fault" unless there is proof it is causing issues.
We can argue if poor optimization causes freezing, but given Trendy cannot replicate the issue I would argue against it.

I would very much like to hear from somebody who has the knowledge to replace their thermal paste, especially on a new slim, and see if that helps them.

Like I have said, yes I have played Moraggo with a full game and not had any freezes. I posted that I was going to test out 4 player Moraggo with the towers all being mine and I will do so when I have time.

First how do you know Trendy cant replicate this freeze issue? even if they said that they are lying yes i said it. 99% of the community new ps3 or not can not run these maps on hard or insane with 4 people without freezing. If 4 people from trendy load up a game and put 4 people in it on insane moraggo or aquanos they will freeze every time. so if they are actually testing this it has been replicated it happens to everyone with stock components in their ps3. it is not our job to open our ps3s and break our warranty's on the behalf of trendy because they have broken DLC.

kinda odd i have over 200 games played on 2 different ps3s...and only have freezing issues with THIS game. take that back...the other game that froze constantly was Homefront, that pos game actually was patched to fix freezing. guess what? the patch fixed the freezing and it wasnt my system sooo.....

Let me get this straight, have you or have you not completed Moraggo insane with 4 people?

Let me get this straight, have you or have you not completed Moraggo insane with 4 people?

Yes and it did not freeze.
I just completed a run with 3 other people (not on insane, though) and built everything myself with no freezing.

Yes and it did not freeze.
I just completed a run with 3 other people (not on insane, though) and built everything myself with no freezing.

Ok, I actually wasn't clear on that from your last post, I think the wording confused me. I may have stated this before, but if you think my thermal paste is the problem, then why can I play almost all the other games I own with no problems at all? Its not as though these games are not taxing at all on the processor.

First how do you know Trendy cant replicate this freeze issue? even if they said that they are lying yes i said it. 99% of the community new ps3 or not can not run these maps on hard or insane with 4 people without freezing. If 4 people from trendy load up a game and put 4 people in it on insane moraggo or aquanos they will freeze every time. so if they are actually testing this it has been replicated it happens to everyone with stock components in their ps3. it is not our job to open our ps3s and break our warranty's on the behalf of trendy because they have broken DLC.

Well keep this in mind, TE has very good PS3's, they are top of the line.

Ok, I actually wasn't clear on that from your last post, I think the wording confused me. I may have stated this before, but if you think my thermal paste is the problem, then why can I play almost all the other games I own with no problems at all? Its not as though these games are not taxing at all on the processor.

I think he is just trying to say is that they made the game take up so much cpu power or whatever it's called. That it needs an extra cooling system or whatever. While other games are well-made that they don't need it. So he is blaming the ps3 for not having propper stuff for this game, and Trendy for making the game need so much.

Or atleast that's what I got out of it all. So only play this game if you manually upgraded your ps3. I'm not knowlegeble in that tec talk, but that's the gest of what I got out of that argument.

From what I've seen of the way the game operates, and knowing that it's programmed in an object oriented language, I would guess the problem is either: faulty garbage collection, or an internal semaphore timing problem (classical deadlock or critical race).

Well keep this in mind, TE has very good PS3's, they are top of the line.

I know nothing about PS3's; whether they come in more powerful/less powerful versions, whether the new ones run better than the old ones, doesn't matter to me. Every time hear PS3 I am reminded of that god-awful dome shaped joystick, and that's enough for me.

What I do know, is that if you are developing a game for a range of common devices (ps3's, iphones, w/e) that might have slightly different specs, and if you want your game to run smoothly on all of them, you develop your game to run smoothly on the least powerful system, not the most powerful system.

That's like 1 IQ point above common sense level, which I believe is probably somewhere around 80ish.

From what I've seen of the way the game operates, and knowing that it's programmed in an object oriented language, I would guess the problem is either: faulty garbage collection, or an internal semaphore timing problem (classical deadlock or critical race).

By far, you sir, are the one that confused me the most. I can't even grasp what that is. Maybe you should be telling this to trendy since you have some ideas about what and where the problem is instead of telling us.

I think he is just trying to say is that they made the game take up so much cpu power or whatever it's called. That it needs an extra cooling system or whatever. While other games are well-made that they don't need it. So he is blaming the ps3 for not having propper stuff for this game, and Trendy for making the game need so much.

Or atleast that's what I got out of it all. So only play this game if you manually upgraded your ps3. I'm not knowlegeble in that tec talk, but that's the gest of what I got out of that argument.

That is exactly correct. I think it's a bad combination that is causing the freezing.

If I knew more about programing I would very much like a conversation with you.
Alas I do not.

you know Iyashii... I feel like I would enjoy a game with you :)

I would love to play a few morrago runs with this guy if his game isn't freezing.

I haven't really played DD on my PS3 since the DunDef_Spider patch. Trying to play online and always getting instant kicked pretty much ruined the console version for me.

I think i hosted for him before.

I do believe you did!

It can't be my system I just got it a month ago...

lk-valentine54 loves you <3

That does remind me of something. It would really depend on when your PS3 was manufactured; not when it was purchased. The stock thermal paste is dispensed during manufacturing by a machine. While people would argue that full coverage of the processor is not necessary, the stock thermal paste is garbage.

Hell mine was overflowing off of the sides of the processor. It basically looked like dried tooth paste when I opened it up.

I've been meaning to replace the paste for awhile now, but it wasnt until i read this post that i dug up some motivation to do it, that and i was practicing for the event yesterday and was freezing when returning to the tavern from monsterfest on hard, ugh. heres what mine looked like

ill post back if i notice any decrease in the frequency of the freezes

That is exactly correct. I think it's a bad combination that is causing the freezing.

I haven't really played DD on my PS3 since the DunDef_Spider patch. Trying to play online and always getting instant kicked pretty much ruined the console version for me.

lol why the heck would you make this thread then... I dont understand people like you. This thread is now 100% pointless. I never froze before the patch either, along with mostly everyone else haha. except high rounds in survival which was a day 1 problem. After the spider patch all hell broke loose. You really should have tried playing after the patch before you made this pointless post. "Hey man your thermal paste aint pasting thats why your ps3 freezes" lmao what a joke.

I've been meaning to replace the paste for awhile now, but it wasnt until i read this post that i dug up some motivation to do it, that and i was practicing for the event yesterday and was freezing when returning to the tavern from monsterfest on hard, ugh. heres what mine looked like

ill post back if i notice any decrease in the frequency of the freezes

When i looked at the photo i thought it was google maps lol

I have played this game for over a year now. I first found it on my tablet last May. It never froze on my Acer Iconia. When they announced they were coming to PC, I bought a copy. However, never liking pc games because of keyboard controls I decided to go ahead and buy a PS3. As has been stated before, this game never froze except for high levels of survival / strategy until the DLC's started coming out. Paste or No Paste, why wouldn't it freeze preDLC if it is the paste? There is like 10,000 monsters to kill on wave 17 in forges or alchemical and it handles that no problem. However, it freezes on moraggo, MM, or Aquanos? I find that hard to believe that some "tooth" paste crap is suddenly to blame.