still not able to do misty campain

So I'm here to search for help. After Sharken I havn't been able to kill the queen. I got her down to 10M HP 1 time but then she killed my defences.. My stats:

tower squire: 500/1200/600/850 (84/70/69/70 resists and a 177^ maxed frost blade 337k dps in tavern without blood rage. 1174k dps with blood rage.) squire is active during all phases.
aura initiate:800/1050/950/550
trap ranger:950/1350/700/400
EV:950/1050/650/700
tower app:250/600/550/450

other stuff: genie (24/178^), all 4 guardians (very nice app guard imo) and a DPS griffon. (currently 103/186^ 296K dps on Deeper Well dummy)

everything is rounded to the next 50.

tower squire is active.

I also got a DPS huntress which I havn't used before and a barbarian with crappy stats (about 500 in all hero + stances)

Do you need any more info? Ask it :P

I hope anyone of you got a build for me :) I'm playing SOLO (I could emulate a controller)

Thank you guys :)

Defender 001

question #1: why does no-one use gas traps against queen? Don't they work?
question #2: do you think something like this would work? (I know I need more range for the proxy but I can fix that.) http://ddplanner.com/?l=6593,would-this-work What would you change in this build?

Don't think Gas traps work, but that build looks pretty interesting... I'll give it a try.

gaz traps do not work, the problem is probably on the side of your EV, too low thp

Thnx both.
@chpoid I will do some survival to make mana and upgrade thp on EV and tradius on my ranger.
@ratiasu I hop I got some time today to try your build. Looks really different then I expected and will definetly give it a shot or 2!

btw: its not my build. It's abuild I found on these forums pre-sharken, and i modified it a bit.

@ratiasu: what is the use of the 2 reflect beams in the south west? spider control?
and how do you kill the southern wyverns? can the south harpoon do that or should I use the 6 DU left for it?

Thnx both.
@chpoid I will do some survival to make mana and upgrade thp on EV and tradius on my ranger.
@ratiasu I hop I got some time today to try your build. Looks really different then I expected and will definetly give it a shot or 2!

btw: its not my build. It's abuild I found on these forums pre-sharken, and i modified it a bit.

@ratiasu: what is the use of the 2 reflect beams in the south west? spider control?
and how do you kill the southern wyverns? can the south harpoon do that or should I use the 6 DU left for it?

One is a physical. The proxy there is there solely because during the boss wave, if the queen doesn't get stuck properly, you won't have the time to go around to do maintenance, and a couple of spiders (really just a couple) will be able to backstab your harpoons there otherwise. The harpoon at the crystal will take care of the wyverns. Please note that the range on my harpoons was +-56 at the time (3 star + 3 star'd buff beam). If your range is a lot less than that, I'd use the remaining DU to put down an ensnare on the west of the bridge.

Also, I ran the map and the southern physical is now a 4 DU one, so you only have 5 DU left. I added some screenshots too.

Okay I did the queen recently (been trying to figure out how to do it again since Sharken).

Here is what just worked for me

http://ddplanner.com/?l=6705-6706,mistmire-campaign-733

Basically what I did was put up EV walls/buff beams on each lane with auras & gas traps.

Before the first wave put up the EV walls/buff beams & the gas traps on each lane. Note you should put the aura's just so they hit the buff beam in front of each wall. As you upgrade each lanes buff beam the aura will go past the wall and take out any spiders which come from behind on the walls.

At the end of the first wave you should have all the lane aura's up and a good start on the middle defenses. Make sure before wave 2 to set up the two Magic Missile turrets for anti air (special note do not put the middle turret on the buff beam since it will hamper you later when fighting the boss). The crystals may take some damage since the anti air isn't fool proof but shouldn't fall. Then just upgrade everything I suggest a genie or djinn pet to help with upgrades (I used my DPS/Boost monk).

The boss fight can be a bit hectic but basically keep her in the kill zone in the middle which won't be too hard with a DPS character/pet and the spike blockades, just make sure to sell the anti air defense before the boss arrives. I used my DPS/Boost monk and just ran around her and boosted dps when she showed off her chest. She'll basically be stuck in the center bouncing back and forth between the spike blockades and you. Keep an eye on the map and periodically heal the aura's for each lane then run back to the boss since you don't have a ton of DPS on the boss and she'll take awhile to take down.

None of my auras went below 50% and I didn't have to heal a single wall during the boss fight (even with 2 Ogres pounding away on them). My stats are below for comparison but I'm positive it can be done with significantly less since nothing was close to falling throughout the whole boss fight, you just have to take a special interest in Anti air and djinn control so they don't desummon your lane defenses before you get to the boss.

DPS/Boost Monk 1133/1541/519/1158 - Boost(skills) 1172/1115 (Used Djinn pet throughout)
Aura Initiate 992/965/922/941
Huntress Trapper 864/1452/1093/869
Countess 1898/-/-/-
EV (HP) 2274/405/1062/281
Apprentice 1476/1672/933/1113 (Much higher than it needs to be, suggest baby sitting anti air truthfully)

While I was thinking about it you could always just remove the Magic Missile towers/proxy and put a Lightning/Str Drain Aura West and move the center a bit south to cover the other crystal. I mean it would require a monk to fight the boss or to live without the Heal aura for the boss... Or if you were using a Squire/Countess just dropping the Spike blockades then and upgrading quickly...

Just thought I'd share the other options for Anti air etc.

Thnx everyone, I got some spare time now so I'm gonna start all of your builds :)

I don't have a good DPS monk but I think I can give him my other DPS armour. (not sure about tower boost though...)

I'll post results soon!

My own setup: got her down to about 17M HP.
She started killing things when she was at about 3/4th HP, so I had to rebuild and keep my anti queen defs up at the same time. I was able to rebuild pretty a lot of them, but when I had to do some emergency repairs on my normal defs she killed harpoons in the southern part and ogres breaked through.

Gonna try another setup soon.

@virusSD1 I don't see any MM on the map? Or am I just being stupid?
Oh and should I use DPS monk with hero/tower boost (I dont have a good one) or should I use the aura initiate to keep the 30% bonus?

I mean you can use whatever works for you truthfully but I suggest a DPS character vs the queen because you'll be bound to get webbed and hit a few times. I also had a decent amount less Aura Damage than you and didn't get the 30% bonus and still took her down.

I'd just say use whatever DPS character you are comfortable with if its a Monk then you can replace the healing aura when the boss comes if its a squire/countess you can drop the Spike Blocades but its more what you're comfortable with in the end.

okay thnx, I just noticed there is no anti-air for the southern crystal? Is the ensnare+lightning enough to cover that?
other question: I removed the spikes (what is their use anyway? :P) and replaced it with a harpoon to cover the west crystal (anti air)

I just completed wave 1: sharken moved away all my walls and djinn desummoned couple of my defenses. This isn't supposed to be I guess :P I think I have to put up gas first I guess :P

Okay, from now on I DEFINETLY HATE @!%^$% bugging maps. everything went fine, until the final wave. I killed like 90% of the mobs, except for 4 djinns in the north east. They were bugged and flew impossibly high and I couldn't hit them. from that place they desummoned everything except the wall and buff beam...... NOTHING I COULD DO ABOUT IT! well you can guess the rest.. boss was at 51.1M / 51.9M HP and ogres killed my defenses and I rage quitted..

I was using VirusSD1 his setup btw. active hybrid squire with a maxed frost and 90% resists...

will try your setup again as it worked pretty good. couple of bad things:
- wyvern will still able to hit the crystal in the southern part. added a MM but still didnt work.
- at the end of every round djinn were desummoning the first gas trap they could see. How can I prevent this?

No worries, just curious as to how the build performs when placed by somebody other than me. =)

One thing I did and do regularly is go around a reset gas traps at the end of waves and kill the Djinn with my dps pet (I used the Djinnlett pet who works pretty well when you need mana etc). The only thing I would make sure is your aura's reach the area coverage for the gas traps and Djinn shouldn't be holding at the end of the waves and should be taken out as they spawn. I'd also focus on killing Djinn during waves since they're about the only thing at end of wave who will screw the build over.

Also Wyverns can hit the crystals but... as long as they don't kill the crystal before the boss arrives it should be okay (its not about perfection but killing the boss).

If you continue to try it out I can help you modify the build or work on any problems you seem to have.

Oh the spike blockades are for the Spiderqueen since she seems to love them. The lanes themselves during the bossfight should be self sufficient so between the blockades & yourself you keep her in the circle of death in the center. Also I've noticed she will go after offensive towers sometimes and with none in this setup she will stay focused in the center.

thnx both got some spare time so I'm gonna use ratiasus build now :)

@Virus: why 2 gas traps actually? I got pretty big trap range so I can cover a big percentage of the map with 1 gas per lane :P

I duo'd this a few days ago on NM without walls.

The basic setup was 4 setups of Lightning Aura, Strength Drain, and Ensnare with a 4 DU buff beam and 2-3 Harpoons on each buff beam.

Set the bottom up with the Aura's covering the bottom crystal and 3 hapoons on the buff beam horizontally across top end of the bridge with 1 pointing backwards and the 2 pointing down angled to get the wyverns comming from the bottom left..

Set the bottom of the 2 right paths up a short distance down the path with 1 harpoon pointing down the lane and one back towards the middle.

Set the top setup above the tree with 2 harpoons ponting at the right lane and 1 left to catch any enemies comming from the top left spawn.

Set the left setup on the wall above the crystal with the auras at the bottom of the stairs, 2 harpoons pointing up and the rightmost of the 3 harpoons as the AA for the bottom left wyvern spawn.

Then I threw down a prok mine and my friend dropped a Magic Barricade to cover the AA Harpoon against the 2 middle spider spawns.

http://ddplanner.com/?l=6969,mm-campaign-nm

Once upgraded the hapoons easily survive anything thanks to the buff beam boost and Strength drain (even with my low Tower Hp) leaving you free to kill the Spider Queen at the end. My friend and I both had less than 1000 stats on out Apprentice and Monk when we fought the queen but we did have 150-200^ Seahorse and Monkey and 200+^ Weapons.

As for Builders

EV 2000/800/300/900
Countess 350/1200/700/1300
Monk 800/600/600/300
Huntress 500/900/300/300

Redundancy mostly since if you lose one to a Djinn then the whole house of cards falls. The secondary reason is it slows down the spawns and during the boss fight anything you can do to minimize you having to check on lanes the better when solo. If you have multiple people its easier but solo... you just need to be able to handle it all yourself and with two gas it just makes it easier to manage.

okay thnx.

1 question: how did you place the 2 DU wall in the north? Its impossible to fit a 2 DU in that spot :P (question is to Ratiasu :P)

ratiasu thank you very much. Your setup rocks!
I got her down to 25m HP easily. Then she raged and started attacking the eastern anti queen defences. I could barely keep them up (she went put of strength drain aura). 1 harpoon got killed and the other was moved to the top if the rock so she wasn't able to attack that one :P then she started to attack the 2 eastern harpoons which defends the lanes. Same as other part: I was barely able to keep them up. Then she was at 10m HP and she destroyed the complete east line. Monsters were getting through and I got a pretty hard time
Luckily she went back to her original spawn spit under the proxy. (I built an electric aura with the last 5 DU)
Because the eastern line was destroyed so I had extra du left. I built all harpoons from that and 5 hoops were shooting at her while a spike blockade defended the eastern line :pwell enough said she wasn't able to deal with 5 harpoons surrounding her and she died.

Thank you all for your time and setups. Let the endless farming begin!!

Sent from my Xperia S

Glad I could help ^^

Sorry about not reading your previous post btw, didn't check this topic yesterday. =)