There is many threads on the Shards 3, i just wanted to make one thread with all the information so it is easier to find.

General Information:
-XP on Aquanos is broken
-There are Sharkens on Pure Strat
-XBL just got Shards 3
-Still Freezes [ps3]
-the weapon for the apprentice on hard creates MASSIVE lag
-360 does not have proper weapons
-No new pet, you get a fairy Survival/Pure Strat

Tips:
-Build traps and ensnares close to spawns,
-Physical Defenses far away from spawns
-Ensnare Auras and Gas traps work very well against the Sharken.
-gas traps actually stun the sharkens completely immobilizing
-Magic Blockades work very well. Distract the sharkens
-Rare to see anybody using app towers, but the lightning tower stuns/kills sharkens.
-Watch the Water Wyverns, that do not attack fast but they pack a punch.
-End boss is very vulnerable to piercing shot or weapons that shoot through things. My PS went right through him, hit the tentacles behind him, and was able to kill him without moving a inch

Riddle of the Deep:
If you do it by yourself. You never have to do the puzzle because all the monsters would die out before you would even come close to drowning.

Set ups:
Aquanos:
I got a strategy for campaign. Worked for me even on insane. I will use my build as an reference. Don't think anyone has a tower mage like me so the build is not for everyone, but the strategy can still help.
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6547,neiuue-fig-1
More information on this set up here: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?62312-Aquanos-Information../page2

Riddle in the Deep:
The pattern board grows each wave; it starts out only 4 lines deep, but ends up the full hallway. To quickly respond the pattern simply fail the pattern 4 times (quickly step on the wrong panel in the front row), then step on the correct panel and the pattern will repeat.

Weapons:

Monk - Easy-Hard; Kelp Harvester, projectiles have lightning like tracers following the shots

Apprentice - Easy-Hard; Xilent's Rythm Staff, projectiles look likle small astroids and fully charged one is bigger in size

Squire - Easy-Hard; Aquian Cog-Mog, HH and HC +20, hammer weapon

Huntress - Easy-Hard; Pressurized Eneregy Core, HH and SP2 +20, shoots like the E/M/H reward from Morraggo but looks like a electric crusteaceon spine

Squire - Easy-Hard Challenge; Krakken's Fang, HA and TH +20, Sword with a very fast swing rate
Any info or tips you feel i am missing please post!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone knows if XBLA Aquanos exp is also bugged? And since we got the new map with no patch what weapons do we get?

-XP on Aquanos is broken
-There are Sharkens on Pure Strat
-XBL just got Shards 3
-Still Freezes [ps3]

This is very saddenig. Its like TE is daring us not to play. How the hell are we going to get our char to 83 with these XP issues. No more GH runs, please... Have a chance here to give us a reason to play teh new DLC, but I dont see any big benefits yet. Hope insane items have 200^ like morraggo or this will be the worst DLC to date.

New enemy on PS, WTF???

More freezing? Ugh... I almost miss teh spider error. At least when you got a connection, it stayed. To make it to the end and have the rug pulled out from under you is not nice.

[quote]
Build traps and ensnares close to spawns,
Physical Defenses far away from spawns
[/QUOTE]

Question: what good is an ensare by the spawn if your defenses are far away from it??? Do you mean put shooting defenses by spwans, and any barrier- like defences far way?

Question: what good is an ensare by the spawn if your defenses are far away from it??? Do you mean put shooting defenses by spwans, and any barrier- like defences far way?

I put ensnare, electric, gas, and inferno by the spawns, then i put my squire defenses farther back..

This is very saddenig. Its like TE is daring us not to play. How the hell are we going to get our char to 83 with these XP issues. No more GH runs, please... Have a chance here to give us a reason to play teh new DLC, but I dont see any big benefits yet. Hope insane items have 200^ like morraggo or this will be the worst DLC to date.

I guess they expect everyone with the new difficulty next month or so, to join someone with level 83 builders and let them build.

Lets try and keep the complaining to a minimal. That does not help the fact. Just be sure to report bugs on the map.

you mean constructive criticism. well done, shorts, you've put together a nice thread.

New difficultly = lots of freezing

on a another note, Capt. Make a thread list for aquanos rewards only!
I would put all the weapons I get on there, so we can get started on the weapon database.

Only you can prevent forest fires!

New difficultly = lots of freezing

on a another note, Capt. Make a thread list for aquanos rewards only!
I would put all the weapons I get on there, so we can get started on the weapon database.

Only you can prevent forest fires!

No need for another thread, just post the weapons here and i will add them in

O! You can add to you list that the new challenge. If you do it by yourself. You never have to do the puzzle becuase all the monsters would die out before you would even come clsoe to drowning.

I can give tips. Gave a set up in Miz topic. I don't think it will be widely use becuase I don't think everyone has a tower mage.

There are 3 Main spots to cover. Using the portals they are, Upper left - Bottom right, Upper right - Middle left, Upper middle - lower middle.

orge spawns near the middle usually.

There are 3 Main spots to cover. Using the portals they are, Upper left - Bottom right, Upper right - Middle left, Upper middle - lower middle.

orge spawns near the middle usually.

Use DDplanner to show us what you are talking about and i will add it to the OP!

It would be great to see set ups as well :D I would appreciate that.. especially with a map like this.. Holy Moly..

I got a strategy for campaign. Worked for me even on insane. I will use my build as an referrence. Don't think anyone has a tower mage like me so the build is not for everyone, but the strategy can still help.
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6531,neiuue

When soloing. Putting all your physical defenses near the crystals will let you focus mainly on the middle of the map instead of forcing you to run all around to kill sharks and ogres. Such as here:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6547,neiuue-fig-1
Repairing shouldn't be in issue if your tower monk has over 250 tower health.

When Dualing, if one can handle the middle area as stated before, then the 2nd person can use the red and green portal to mob control such as here:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6549,neiuue-fig-2
Or you both can split the task of the middle and have one handle the bottom crystal and another handle the middle and top such as here:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6550,neiuue-fig-3
Repairing shouldn't be needed till the last few waves. Even then it would be near the end of the waves giving you an easy time to go and repair because monsters would only come out of one place.

When trio. You can either all split the crystals even or have one stay in the middle with the bottom and middle crystal, one use the red portals to mob control the two spawn points it's near, and the other stay at the bottom middle and mob control the sides while using the purple portal to go to the top crystal when needed such as here:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6551,neiuue-fig-4
Repairing shouldn't be an issue here either. When you need to, the monsters should be comes out of 2 or 3 places and you can easily repair.

If you have four people, you can use the same plan as trioing and the 4th person can just run around repairing and mob controling.

The boss is fairly simple to take out, just run around it to take out it's arms. Then just attack it's face till it dies, don't hit the shell or else you won't do any damage to it. I was able to do this on solo and up to three people. Didn't try four because I'm lazy, and don't want to fight that many enemies.

That's basicly what I did when I played with friends. Only did insane soloing and trioing.

gas traps actually stun the sharkens completely imobolizing them :)

If sharks are poisin resistant like any other mob they will go right thru gas traps...

I got a strategy for campaign. Worked for me even on insane. I will use my build as an referrence. Don't think anyone has a tower mage like me so the build is not for everyone, but the strategy can still help.
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6531,neiuue

When soloing. Putting all your physical defenses near the crystals will let you focus mainly on the middle of the map instead of forcing you to run all around to kill sharks and ogres. Such as here:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6535,fig1-000ddsds
Repairing shouldn't be in issue if your tower monk has over 250 tower health.

When Dualing, if one can handle the middle area as stated before, then the 2nd person can use the red and green portal to mob control such as here:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6536,fig2-000ddsds
Or you both can split the task of the middle and have one handle the bottom crystal and another handle the middle and top such as here:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6537,fig3-000ddsds
Repairing shouldn't be needed till the last few waves. Even then it would be near the end of the waves giving you an easy time to go and repair because monsters would only come out of one place.

When trio. You can either all split the crystals even or have one stay in the middle with the bottom and middle crystal, one use the red portals to mob control the two spawn points it's near, and the other stay at the bottom middle and mob control the sides while using the purple portal to go to the top crystal when needed such as here:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6538,fig4-000ddsds
Repairing shouldn't be an issue here either. When you need to, the monsters should be comes out of 2 or 3 places and you can easily repair.

If you have four people, you can use the same plan as trioing and the 4th person can just run around repairing and mob controling.

The boss is fairly simple to take out, just run around it to take out it's arms. Then just attack it's face till it dies, don't hit the shell or else you won't do any damage to it. I was able to do this on solo and up to three people. Didn't try four because I'm lazy, and don't want to fight that many enemies.

That's basicly what I did when I played with friends. Only did insane soloing and trioing.

Thanks blue, i will add as much as i can

I can also give a fig that shows where all the sharken and orges go to. To help people who haven't done it yet becuase they don't have the dlc or otherwise plan.

The orges from the middle spwan point usually go towards the middle crystal unless provoked by a hero and or tower.

Use the "markers" on DD planner to tell us which is which