Can anyone recommened (or dare I ask, provide) a host-server for Minecraft?

TLDR: Looking for a dirt cheap server provider for a Minecraft world, or someone with a extra server willing to share.

I have recently begun running a Minecraft server from my main gaming computer. Problem is that running a server combined with actually playing the game will constantly use about 70% of my processing power. So I can play or host, but not at the same time :( My rig can handle that kind of abuse for normal gaming sessions, but wasn't built for a constant drain that servers require.

As we expand the world, the resource requirement will only increase, meaning shorter sessions in order to keep my hardware safe. Right now I lack the funds needed to build a new box, so can anyone recommend a super cheap provider? Or even better (long shot I know, flames are not needed), have a spare server they would be willing to share?

TLDR: Looking for a dirt cheap server provider for a Minecraft world, or someone with a extra server willing to share.
Or even better (long shot I know, flames are not needed), have a spare server they would be willing to share?
I always publicly host on XBOX.

I think I've actually played on the Funnyjunk server before. Small world :) However, I am pretty sure they do not rent servers. And infinete, my most advanced console is Dreamcast, lol. Though I appreciate the suggestions.

if you could get another computer and play on that while running the server on your original system that could work thats what most people do but getting another computer is the hard part

I have no idea how competitively priced they are, but nfoservers.com offers minecraft servers at various capacity and price points ranging from $6 - $150/month. Pricing appears to be based on player slots and ram.

I've played on NFO servers in other games and never had any issues with them (i.e. always up, great pings, etc) and I host a vent server for a gaming group for ARPGs through them.

I think I've actually played on the Funnyjunk server before. Small world :) However, I am pretty sure they do not rent servers. And infinete, my most advanced console is Dreamcast, lol. Though I appreciate the suggestions.
I'd play dreamcast instead of the new consoles anyday.

NFO sounds like a solid choice, I'll give them a look :)
I'd play dreamcast instead of the new consoles anyday.
Don't even get me started. The awesome-sauce that is Dreamcast is a whole nother disccusion unto itself, lol.

NFO sounds like a solid choice, I'll give them a look :) Don't even get me started. The awesome-sauce that is Dreamcast is a whole nother disccusion unto itself, lol.

I personally liked "Toy commander" on dreamcast, and "crazy taxi"