Issues holding back a great game. Urza takes a leave of absence.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urza is a planeswalker in MTG which is a collectible card game. Also has some nice books and whatnots.

I do not like to get on the forums but it is worth to say that he makes some good points
They already going to fix 2 of them so maybe he deserves a little more praise and less grief
Hacking is number 1 issue for me and it does affect everyone even if you not know it. If you like PvP or want to try and get the map titles then hackers ruin some of those. Also hacking drives up price for all item as it creates inflation like governments that print endless money

Dude if you're aren't going to play a game you don't have to make a scene and some announcement just don't play xD
It helped to fix 2 issues already, though.

It helped to fix 2 issues already, though.

Please ignore my post, I just never found such a perfect setup to say:

"issues are like tissues, you pull one out, and another one follows"

:D you can now continue your thread :D

I do not like to get on the forums but it is worth to say that he makes some good points
They already going to fix 2 of them so maybe he deserves a little more praise and less grief
Hacking is number 1 issue for me and it does affect everyone even if you not know it. If you like PvP or want to try and get the map titles then hackers ruin some of those. Also hacking drives up price for all item as it creates inflation like governments that print endless money

Can we spoon?

hakk03 on steam if you wanna play some PVP and/or talk about Bernanke and fractional reserve banking.

<3<3<3

Some things for your list.
1 - Getting booted from your own hosted game anytime your connection to the Steam Community blips even for a microsecond due to the epic fail implementation of the Steam API?
2 - Items dropping with Negative General Resistance (yes even 'Enchanted').
3 - This speaks for itself.
4 - Fix the higher chance of stats going negative when you play at the highest difficulty modes. This is completely contrary to the whole concept of risk vs reward.

Some things for your list.
1 - Getting booted from your own hosted game anytime your connection to the Steam Community blips even for a microsecond due to the epic fail implementation of the Steam API?
2 - Items dropping with Negative General Resistance (yes even 'Enchanted').
3 - This speaks for itself.
4 - Fix the higher chance of stats going negative when you play at the highest difficulty modes. This is completely contrary to the whole concept of risk vs reward.

1 Cant add as this would have to be something Steam fixes.
2 Will add.
3 Agree on this bigtime.
4 Agree on this as well. They should just make the really good rolls a bit harder and balance it out so that negatives are not needed in the game at all. That is how I would have designed system.

Pretty sure D3 is out...

I have plenty of time to update my posts from work where I cant play D3. I wonder how many trolls I have slain in D3?

Dude if you're aren't going to play a game you don't have to make a scene and some announcement just don't play xD

+1 for this^
And when does credability/relavance become an issue behind the post.

I dont know "Urza" but really why make a big fuss? Ive been to the store to browse some things... But if u wanna impact the game and not come off as an "Elitist" maybe post in the suggestion thread. Some of these "issues" are more like a pet peeves as Ive stated before and not really game breakers.

I have plenty of time to update my posts from work where I cant play D3. I wonder how many trolls I have slain in D3?
For sure more then you have on DD.

1 Cant add as this would have to be something Steam fixes.
2 Will add.
3 Agree on this bigtime.
4 Agree on this as well. They should just make the really good rolls a bit harder and balance it out so that negatives are not needed in the game at all. That is how I would have designed system.

Uh no #1 is something Trendy have to fix. They broke it, VALVe said it's broke & would assist developers such as Trendy to use their API's properly.

VALVe can't fix Trendy's code unless Trendy gives them access to the code.

I picked up a great tower sword the other day that had several hundred percent block. I was so stoked that I found a new sword for my countess. I started pumping mana into upgrading it and then noticed that the block stat changed to negative 77 percent.

Didn't waste too much mana on it, but it is useless for an active builder on higher levels. It's a glitch and needs to be fixed. The item you pick up should not change stats just because you picked it up. (Was a high-end mythical crab-stabber-style sword on Aquanos survival).

Pretty sure D3 is out...

And it's gotten awful quiet around here. Coincidence?

I picked up a great tower sword the other day that had several hundred percent block. I was so stoked that I found a new sword for my countess. I started pumping mana into upgrading it and then noticed that the block stat changed to negative 77 percent.

Didn't waste too much mana on it, but it is useless for an active builder on higher levels. It's a glitch and needs to be fixed. The item you pick up should not change stats just because you picked it up. (Was a high-end mythical crab-stabber-style sword on Aquanos survival).

Yep items still generate with values higher than the datatype they are stored in causing 'rollovers' (actually it's bad typecasting which is a compiler warning but Trendy seem happy to ignore compiler warnings).
I forgot about this as I've not hosted many games myself where I've been checking items but it should be in my list above.

Are you sure it didn't just start on -90 or something? They can start with "-", maybe you just didn't notice it to start with?

Are you sure it didn't just start on -90 or something? They can start with "-", maybe you just didn't notice it to start with?

Have you even ran anything hardcore over wave 20? Anything hardcore meaning misty and harder maps. It's quite clear that it is positive when you have a sword and you check another sword on the floor and the stat was GREEN and block stat was something like 657% so how could it be - ? Assuming im not currently using a -700 block wep that is.

Have you even ran anything hardcore over wave 20? Anything hardcore meaning misty and harder maps. It's quite clear that it is positive when you have a sword and you check another sword on the floor and the stat was GREEN and block stat was something like 657% so how could it be - ? Assuming im not currently using a -700 block wep that is.

Had the same issue too. Saw a squire wep drop on Aquanos with over 9000 (lol) percent block, but on pick up found it was in fact minus several hundred :/

This was before the 7.34 patch, so maybe they fixed it now?

I made a list of things to be fixed and mentioned I was taking a vacation from playing DD. This was to help get the word out so the 200 DD friends on my list, the 100 or so ppl in my dungeon defender store group, my clan, ect know I am taking a break from the game. The person making a big deal is in fact you Bad Jue Jue. You are not worthy of any more responses from me. I am done talking to you. Hopefully I can get some more ppl to post issues they want to see fixed.

Note that significant progress on 2 issues was already made.

3. Not having the lock tavern drops option. How many times do we have to ask for this? I wake up and come home from work and I have items scattered all over my tavern messing up my auction placement. Some ppl even go so far as to drop items named slurs and some even drop huge hacked items.
Fixed in 7.34. See progress is being made nice work TE!

4. Not having the lock tavern build option. How many times do we have to ask for this as well. I wake up or come home from work and entire tavern has bowling ballz with buff beams prolly melting my cpu for 8 hours. We have asked for this for ages.
Fixed in 7.34. See progress is being made nice work TE!