Issues holding back a great game. Urza takes a leave of absence.

I will see you in diablo 3, hope you are ready.

I will be playing exlcusively with clanfec and until we start doing PVP u wont be seeing me. Also you have edited that quote and you edited it quite poorly making some stuff look like gibberish. I asked you not to post in my threads as well. Not cool.

I'm sad to see you leave, Urza. May your beautiful light shine on, my friend. :squire:

I will be back someday when they fix some major issues. I will leave all peeps on friends. I am not at the throw off all item stage yet. Thx for kind words Hitmonchan.

If you were that hyped for Diablo 3, you were probably taking a 'vacation' for it regardless of what Dungeon Defenders did, seeing as how Trendy can't even compare to Blizzard for money and manpower to spend on a video game and we both know it.

There is no doubt D3 will get a majority of the time while its fresh but after some time I am going to play D3 with other games. I cant just play one game. So instead of D3, Dungeon Defender, other games I will be doing D3, Minecraft, other games. I did say D3 is the major reason I am on DD Vaction and so it will be up to TE to make progress on the major issues I stated to bring me back.

Anyways thx for kind words other peeps as I did try and help peeps out on forums and in game. I do care about the game as I reported tons of hackers, issues, and whatnots. This isnt the end. Its just a transition to a new beginning in the future. Cheers!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what you're saying is if D3 goes on sell for $.99 then I should compare it to other games at the $.99 level? You can't compare games to other games when they go on sale. If you're going to do that then you should add in all the DLC you've bought. Lets see how much that is :)

Dungeon Defenders (none sale) - $14.99
Quest for Lost Eternia Shards 1 - $3.99
Quest for Lost Eternia Shards 2 - $3.99
Quest for Lost Eternia Shards 3 - $3.99
Barbarian Hero - $2.99
Series EV - $3.99
Karathiki Jungle Mission Pack - $1.99
City in the Cliffs Mission Pack - $1.99
Assault Mission Pack - $1.99
Presidents Day Surprise - $1.99
Etherian Festival of Love - $1.99

TOTAL: $43.89

I didn't pay anywhere close to that for all of that :P Sorry to hear that you did, though.

The point wasn't even the price so much as the difference in size/influence of the company. lol.. If you think Trendy has any reason to consider Blizzard a competitor in the video game market, you really don't get industry at all.

I didn't pay anywhere close to that for all of that :P Sorry to hear that you did, though.

The point wasn't even the price so much as the difference in size/influence of the company. lol.. If you think Trendy has any reason to consider Blizzard a competitor in the video game market, you really don't get industry at all.

TE isnt competing against Blizzard. They are competing against themselves. They are releasing content like madsauce and then trying to fix it while also getting hackers. They are just way way way far behind on fixing and implementing needed changes. Dungeon Defenders was number 1 DL game for quite some time right. Right now they are a victim of their own huge success. They are hiring though. They will catch up and get the ppl they need. And in the meantime I will be playing other games. Hopefully I can come back to a polished game with all 4 eternia shards and wont have hackers and enemies dropping 50 items in my afk shop. Make no mistake the luvs I have for Dungeon Defender is still there somewheres waiting to return. Its still the best tower defense game on PC ever made.

nikodareus, I didn't pay that, but I'm going by prices as they stand now. As for comparing companies, I wasn't doing that. These games are not even in the same genre. I was only stating something stupid to fit your post.

If you're thinking in technical terms, any game that pulls people away from DD is competition. Just like any phone that pulls customers from theirs is competition. Take Apple and Samsung for example :)

Just like your signature says "Most people don't like me. I get it. I really do. I respect your right to your own opinion." I'm done with you..

As for D3, I think we're getting a leader setup for this game to start recruiting and I'm rebuilding the website to fit Diablo 3 Content. If anyone is interested in joining up with other players in Diablo 3 you should come to our website and Teamspeak 3 server. (IP: voice.clanfec.com)

nikodareus, I didn't pay that, but I'm going by prices as they stand now. As for comparing companies, I wasn't doing that. These games are not even in the same genre. I was only stating something stupid to fit your post.

Funny how there was nothing stupid about it.

But good riddance to you both, I guess. My point still stands, however. And wasn't even all that insulting. All I did was point out a simple truth. Leaving a low-budget game for a game that has already made more pre-sales than DD will likely ever even make in sales is just normal, expected behavior. It was going to happen -no matter what Trendy was going to do with DD-. It would not have influenced the poster's decision to play Diablo 3 in any way. Sure they can be considered competition in the same right that the chipmunks latest music CD can be considered competition for the beatles. They are both music. One is just going to massively outsell the other and still be listened to by large quantities of people -regardless of their taste for the chipmunks-

Urza even said himself that he would have been playing Diablo 3 regardless. It had no use in the post as if it was some sort of assault against Trendy for not trying to keep up with one of the leaders in video game development. The rest of the post was completely valid, it was only the fact that he tried to take a stab at Trendy for not trying to compete with a multi-billion dollar company that was laughable.

Yes, I agree. Chipmunks will outsell the beatles.

You're missing a point though, hes NOT quitting. This is just a leave of absence to play d3 and some other games while they fix DD. It has nothing to do with quitting, he wants to enjoy other games with the clan. Anyways, no more posting in here, cause I honestly don't give 2 ****s for DD.

That's all fine. I didn't miss the point, I got it entirely. I consider "I'm taking a break until DD is fixed!" to be about as good as "I'm quitting!" I'm sorry to see good players go over what I consider frivolous reasons, but I'm not going to hold their hands and try to feel sorry for them over things I've had to deal with the entire time I've played the game. Which I doubt is what the OP is looking for either. My -one and only point was that Diablo 3 shouldn't have been brought into the post/equation at all- It has nothing at all to do with him 'taking a vacation'. (For mister literal. I still call it quitting the game.)

can't we all just get along?

I'm honestly doing my best to get along. I'm not attacking anyone. I'm not insulting anyone. I'm not mad at anyone. All I did was point something out. I'm not sure why people are attacking me for not agreeing with someone else's comparing an indie developer to a multi-billion dollar company. Other than they seem to think I should be going into super-sympathy mode because of all the rest of the guy's post that -I agreed with almost entirely-.. It's funny how I point out the ONE thing I disagree with and everyone assumes I hate this random person I've never met before.

hes just trying to attract some attention. please, everyone move on and just say good bye to urza. good bye urza. =)

That's all fine. I didn't miss the point, I got it entirely. I consider "I'm taking a break until DD is fixed!" to be about as good as "I'm quitting!" I'm sorry to see good players go over what I consider frivolous reasons, but I'm not going to hold their hands and try to feel sorry for them over things I've had to deal with the entire time I've played the game. Which I doubt is what the OP is looking for either. My -one and only point was that Diablo 3 shouldn't have been brought into the post/equation at all- It has nothing at all to do with him 'taking a vacation'. (For mister literal. I still call it quitting the game.)
I will repost this as it gets across that I want to play both. Sure D3 will suck up alot of time at first but I cant just play one game at a time. So again I say instead of D3, Dungeon Defender, other games I will be playing D3, Minecraft, and other games. Hope this makes it clear.

hes just trying to attract some attention. please, everyone move on and just say good bye to urza. good bye urza. =)

I want the same thing any gamer wants. Supernova, pepperoni pizza, time off from work, and games I play to be everything they could be. Right now DD is held back by issues. I just want substantial progress on those issues. This is the point of the post. Secondary point is I want my friends to know why I am not in game. There are too many to msg and not all of them are in my group so this gets the word out too. PS I cant even log into D3 right now....not a good start. Oh I wont be responding to you anymore john. I asked you to not post in my threads and you cant respect that and instead quote me with saying garbage I dint say. So I do say bye to you for the last time.

Anyways hopin ppl will post some more things they want to see fixed in game. Could make for a handy reference maybe.

PEACE and LOVE for all except Metta World Peace he elbows ppl to the face.

I will repost this as it gets across that I want to play both. Sure D3 will suck up alot of time at first but I cant just play one game at a time. So again I say instead of D3, Dungeon Defender, other games I will be playing D3, Minecraft, and other games. Hope this makes it clear.

I want the same thing any gamer wants. Supernova, pepperoni pizza, time off from work, and games I play to be everything they could be. Right now DD is held back by issues. I just want substantial progress on those issues. This is the point of the post. Secondary point is I want my friends to know why I am not in game. There are too many to msg and not all of them are in my group so this gets the word out too. PS I cant even log into D3 right now....not a good start. Oh I wont be responding to you anymore john. I asked you to not post in my threads and you cant respect that and instead quote me with saying garbage I dint say. So I do say bye to you for the last time.

Anyways hopin ppl will post some more things they want to see fixed in game. Could make for a handy reference maybe.

PEACE and LOVE for all except Metta World Peace he elbows ppl to the face.

error 37

getting to retreieveing hero list, and then nothing happening is worse than error 37.

Can you read beyond a single sentence? The issue is he's being drawn to what is likely going to be a far more polished game. He would be drawn back if Trendy polished the game more.

Yes and most of it is a non issue or at least def not a game breaker. Its an amazing game and to think that these simple wishes, not bug fixes could be done... But it wouldnt matter he would go and play D3 any ways. And sorry to come off brash, have fun w D3 (I have it also doesnt mean that u can only play one or the other) BTW you can polish a turd but no matter what u do its still a turd.

I can't wait until Kandar takes a break, lol. Half the community will be oblivious as to how to build high end levels.

Anyways, to bad so many are leaving at the moment. As for those who say hackers don't affect anyone but themselves: I like playing the game in a fair way. If I keep an eye on my AFK shop's customers, you really don't want to know how many of them suddenly have 2 billion mana out of nowhere to but a few of my 600 million priced items. Makes me sad to see that people who've actually saved up and played for that currency now are unable to get the item. =/

Very nice. Updated that add on. Kudos to you Trendy. Late is better than never! Me likey.

I can't wait until Kandar takes a break, lol. Half the community will be oblivious as to how to build high end levels.

Anyways, to bad so many are leaving at the moment. As for those who say hackers don't affect anyone but themselves: I like playing the game in a fair way. If I keep an eye on my AFK shop's customers, you really don't want to know how many of them suddenly have 2 billion mana out of nowhere to but a few of my 600 million priced items. Makes me sad to see that people who've actually saved up and played for that currency now are unable to get the item. =/

Kandar should sell his layout builds for tokens instead of giving it away for free.

I think you covered most of it, just the defendersstore and the stupid broken economy in the game I don't like.

Well written, grammatically correct, valid points, 10/10, would read again.

Urza thank you and hope to see you in-game again sometime. While your list when/if implemented as fixes will make a more polished game... I am ashamed of the players that were full of spite or hate (items 3 & 4 on your list). Unfortunately no amount of game coding will ever completely prevent immature gamers from behaving the way they do.

hrm he says vacation but he also says he will only come back if they fix it his proposals hrmm...

most of these are non issues are very minor complaints non of it is detrimental to DD why? because if people want to play it they will simple...

Also while not exactly on topic, it was brought up and so is now interwined in the discussion... while TE may or may not view themselves as Blizzard's competition - any of the current major studios better consider TE as competition. Innovative gameplay is a key element that took most of the major studios from minor/indie to major. DD has innovative gameplay. I've been grinding xp and loot since the earliest rogue-likes in the late 70's. And I've seen more than a few game companies come and go. There have been more than a few games which had tons of resources (money, coders, advertising, etc.) which would not be able to compete with DD in terms of how engaging it is and time devouring. To me milestone games turn a genre on it's head or changes it. RTS from TBS is one example. DD is in that category in my opinion, and I've been playing it since it was first available on my phone (way before PC came out). DD is in my list along with other great games that I've played. Is it perfect... no. Can it be improved... yes. Is it playable as is... definitely. So yes it is competition whether the other studios realize or not. BTW neither DD (500+ hours played and increasing) nor D3 (which I will play) can compare to the decades that I've played on Angband and the derivatives (of which Diablo 1 was a graphical implementation of those rogue-likes). Man, somedays I feel old.

I'm pretty much done with this game as well, at the very least until trendy shows that they are doing anything about the cheating.

It sounds like the only thing to do to get them to do something about it.

I'm pretty much done with this game as well, at the very least until trendy shows that they are doing anything about the cheating.

It sounds like the only thing to do to get them to do something about it.

Well I'm sure new material and fixing bugs comes first since this game is player vs ai so it's not that big of a deal to them