My friend says that doing endless spires on insane is faster than glitterhelm insane. Is this true? Also is there a faster way to get exp than glitterhelm insane?

If you have 3 to 4 willing participants, you can do very first wave of Mistymire on Insane over and over again.

If you get all the experience multipliers, you will get 180k per run.

These multipliers are:
No Crystal Damage - 1.3x experience
Used Weapons Only - 1.3x experience
No Player Damage taken - 1.3x experience

You can do these runs in less than a minute with a team dedicated to only getting experience, ie. not collecting chests after the first wave.

Also if you can find one person who can guard the two right paths by themselves, you can do these runs with just 3 people and 1/4 less enemies which result in faster experience.

In my honest opinion, Glitterhelm is the fastest if you have 1 - 2 players. Mistymire is better for 3 - 4 players.

as soon as you get the xp you should restart. It happens when "Wave Complete" falls you get the xp for the round.

But New DLC 3 tomorrow should be the fastest on first wave. I hope it is 300k for the first round :)

morago on insane gets about 5 million xp if you can get all 3 multipliers (good luck with that) and around 3 million if you get hit every wave

so we shouldnt get the chests, just have 1 person per crystal?

dont listen to rass :L you would be losing out on so much armour for the sake of an extra 1m xp per hour ur better of just getting the chests then restarting

so we shouldnt get the chests, just have 1 person per crystal?

If you're looking for purely exp, then yes, skip the chest.

However the chest do drop fairly decent armor and weapons at times. Depends on what's more important at the time; pure exp or exp and chances for okay drops.

dont listen to rass :L you would be losing out on so much armour for the sake of an extra 1m xp per hour ur better of just getting the chests then restarting

Use a hybrid method. Get the chests in your immediate vicinity only. When I solo with 1 afk, I get the 5 in the center and that's it.