Suggestion: Seperate weapon / armor drop limit

To keep weapons from overriding armor 99% of the time with their much higher base values and leaving very little armor around to pick from at the end of a wave.

Armor needs it's own drop limit, just like easter eggs and accessories (Which I'm assuming HAVE limits that are just almost never reached without incredible luck due to how rarely they drop anyways so were advertised as not being overwritten by higher value items)

This should really be implemented. The way it is right now, you need 1 weapon and 4 pieces of armour per character, yet at the end of a wave the amount of weapons its like five times the amount of armours.

Would also be nice if that limit didn't depend on the number of players. I always assumed the limit was always the same, depending on the map, for technical reasons.

Right now if I start a wave with 4 players and 3 of them leave in the middle of it, I get the amount and quality of loot of 1 player but the mobs Hp and dmg of 4. I can't remember how many times I've seen half the loot go away after wave is over for this same reason. Only recently I learned that this could be prevented by not droping anything or opening any chests after someone leaves.

eey guys,

I think this would be a rather good idea, I'm not sure what the max item count on the floor can be for 1 - 4 players but it would be really nice if it would either be weapons 33% and armor 66% or just 50/50 :). that way there is a higher chance you can find both good weapons and good armor.

Yours truly,

Domistroy

please do this... or let us have an option to set this in the future (almost all of my characters vastly need armor upgrades, weapons are much easier to find, and not nearly as useful for some classes)

Supported. For players with < 1.5k stats each wave can have multiple potential upgrade pieces that they miss out on due to the algorithm functionally giving weapons 90% of the space on the ground.

Definitely think this should be done. It's hard enough to find armor upgrades as it is, but even worse when, at the end of a wave, at least 80% of the drops are weapons.

The worst part is that I frequently see armor that's worth > 3 million, and yet weapons meander around the 1.5-2 million range. So stuff that's actually worth more is being removed for basically no reason

This would be awesomesauce. It's rather dull to see only weapons lying around at the end of waves. Even a 50/50 rate would be so much better. Even more so since even the lower value crap weapons seem to override armor pieces.

i think it is a combination of time-out decay, value-override, and despawning due to item cap.

i remember reading somewhere that the item cap for a single player is 175. in late wave survivals, i have noticed quite often there is nowhere near that amount of items on the ground at wave end.

ive also noticed that items tend to despawn in bulk. if you watch the minimap during waves, and there are tons of items on the ground, and say you kill an ogre who drops 4 items when you kill it, it is not uncommon to see 70% of what is currently on the ground despawn when that ogre goes down.

i dont like the value-override concept, because of items that drop from enemies, its pretty common to see weapons that are worth 800k or more, but a lot of armor is generally below that mark, so that would explain why there are so many more weapons at wave end than armor. but im also not completely convinced the value-override is the only (or even predominate factor) in item despawning, because if it was, there would be absolutely nothing lower than godly quality left on the ground in high wave count levels, but this most definitely is not true.

Either they do that, or even out the drop rates armor better. But at any rate something needs to be done

[c3;479658']i dont like the value-override concept, because of items that drop from enemies, its pretty common to see weapons that are worth 800k or more, but a lot of armor is generally below that mark, so that would explain why there are so many more weapons at wave end than armor. but im also not completely convinced the value-override is the only (or even predominate factor) in item despawning, because if it was, there would be absolutely nothing lower than godly quality left on the ground in high wave count levels, but this most definitely is not true.

This is pretty rare as it is. The only time I see godlies end-wave is if they spawn from the last thing killed or from treasure chests or they have a particularly higher value than alot of the myths that were dropping.

Regardless of the cause, having their own drop limit would increase the amount around drastically.

I'm starting to wonder if this whole higher value thing is even true. Because if it is, then why have I seen plenty of myth items disappear, while there's still crap such as amazing and powerful gear on the floor? And no, those didn't come from chests.

As far as I know, even if the worse item on the floor is worth 50 million and a mob drops a worn helmet, that 50m item will be deleted to make room for it. Thats why you can often see crap items after waves.

I have personally watched a screen full of blue dots become a screen full of grey dots in the last 200 mobs of a wave. If all of those mythics were worth less than the garbage that replaced them, I'll eat my hat.

I agree. There is 1-2 weapons slots per character, but everyone has 4 armor slots! Armor should use 75% of the floor limit, and weapons only 25%