How often can you upgrade pet attack speed and protectiles?

Hey everyone, I was pretty much wondering how often can the projectiles and attack speed of pets upgrade-able. Is it just once or is it once every so-many upgrades? Thanks!

Option C. None of the above.

Each pet type has a set number of projectiles and attacks per second it can achieve.

You will get the option to upgrade them every 3 or 4 upgrades until they reach that maximum number.

Every 3 upgrades for speed bonus up to 6 for most pets (cube is 3 IIRC, and there might be other exceptions)

Any pet that starts with only a single shot can't have no. of projectiles upgraded (Hawk's always have only 1 projectile, everything else can get randomly stuck at 1 projectile if the RNG feels like it)
Barring the seahorse, extra projectiles on pets can only be upgraded once (from +1 to +2, for 3 projectiles). Seahorse goes to +5, for 6 projectiles

I see, so pretty much the attack speed can be upgraded until the maximum specified number. But for projectiles, it can only be upgraded once.

That is incredibly wrong. Projectiles can always be upgraded to their maximum potential. Whether they start at +1 or not. Number of projectile upgrades require an extra level past shots per second upgrades.

Examples of maximums for the main groups:
Seahorse
dragon/griffon/serpent/laserbot/hampster/unicorn/etc.
companion cube showing only 3 speed bonus (only pet as far as I know)
Tiger and steambot (melee pets) get 6 speed bonus. Hawk's and monkeys never have additional projectiles. I'm fairly sure shroomites and donkeys are the same as dragons etc.

@Nikodareus
mind explaining how I upgrade the projectiles on this? I could sure use it, b/c I seem to get a few

@Nikodareus
mind explaining how I upgrade the projectiles on this? I could sure use it, b/c I seem to get a few

Not sure what I'm supposed to be explaining here.. It has no projectile bonus to be raised.

Scuse me for the confusion. I simply assumed you meant a +1 couldn't be raised as it's pretty obvious a pet with no projectile bonus can't be raised. You said that as if it was not intended to be that way.

Basically, if the RNG decides not to include at least 1 extra projectile (on anything; weapon or pet), then that stat can't be upgraded because it doesn't exist on the item. Everything else can always be upgraded to whatever that item's maximum potential is, despite the numbers it spawns with.

Note that the same holds true with other stats that sometimes aren't included by the RNG, like Reload Speed on guns, or Elemental Damage on weapons... But as long as the item spawns with a stat, it can always be upgraded to the item's max potential for that stat.