it would just be nice to have this function...am playing as a monk and i have to keep pressing the LT button (playing with 360 controller) till both my finger and my button get bricked!..so how about holding for shooting?

Personally I like having to press the button per shot. You're just lazy. =p

Lol fast huntress crossbow clicking per shot.. my hand would be dead.. but I did start leveling a squire and it was a tad too clicky.

lol @ Cam..

your not the one getting sworn at by your controller..mine hates me man..you hear that..hates me xD

playing a huntress should practically rape your controller..didn't make one for that reason..would like to play one though

Implementing auto-shoot would mean to kill the Apprentice's charged attacks.

Unless he always executes charged attacks when under the effect of his Overcharge ability.

I don't think Huntress' Reload ability would require any changes, little elf goes shooting 5 to 10 projectiles per second.

Implementing auto-shoot would mean to kill the Apprentice's charged attacks.

Unless he always executes charged attacks when under the effect of his Overcharge ability.

I don't think Huntress' Reload ability would require any changes, little elf goes shooting 5 to 10 projectiles per second.

I believe someone mentioned that the xbox triggure buttons are pressure sensitive, so could have it as "hold in part way to auto shot, hold in full to charge up".
Alternative is just make it a combo of two buttons to charge up.

Very much in favour of important this, maybe make it an feature in options so us lazy players can enable it, and players like Cam can disable it.

ps. by triggure I clearly mean trigger :D

I believe someone mentioned that the xbox triggure buttons are pressure sensitive, so could have it as "hold in part way to auto shot, hold in full to charge up".
Alternative is just make it a combo of two buttons to charge up.

True, but mouse buttons aren't, and we need something that works on both systems.

A button combo won't work either, do you charge up the projectiles or do you charge up the AoE knockback?
A possible way to implement this would be to make players press ad hold the button of the attack they want to charge and whithin a second start pressing the other button, holding them both for as long as they want to charge.

IMHO that's uselessly complicated.

Honestly i never used the charge shoot of the App.

Sure it does more damage than a single shoot but i do more with click spaming and i also have far more control over it. If your charged shoot misses it really is bad luck.

Honestly i never used the charge shoot of the App.

Sure it does more damage than a single shoot but i do more with click spaming and i also have far more control over it. If your charged shoot misses it really is bad luck.

Really? But when you run from one section to another and have no mobs to shot at for that 2-3 seconds it takes to move, you can charge and build up a big impact attack. The AOE Knockback is better and more fun though :D.

allowing it to be switched on and off in game options allows this feature to make all happy.

Really? But when you run from one section to another and have no mobs to shot at for that 2-3 seconds it takes to move, you can charge and build up a big impact attack. The AOE Knockback is better and more fun though :D.

allowing it to be switched on and off in game options allows this feature to make all happy.

The AoE is another story. Saved my life a couple of times and i like to blow critters of an edge followed by a "you shall not pass" grin ^^

glad to see am not the only "Lazy" one here xD..

well...as i mentioned b4..i p[lay monk but i think the apprentice thingy is easy though...and i will be talking xbox-wise here..

hold the right triger for shooting..press the left for the Aoe or hold to charge up..hold both for charged shot..how about that?

i didn't play apprentice much so i could be wrong ofc..

Yes, this, a thousand times this.
click click click click click click click click click click click click is bs
How is it different if i hold it, or destroy my mouse? you get the same result either way, so i definitely second this
BTW, for those of you who think you should have to click a million times, do you also think we should have to mash the W every time we want to make a step instead of just running forward? It's exactly the same thing.

If your playing on a pc (which I happened to notice not many of you are) then there is an autofire script in the modding section which works for squire, apprentice and monks right click. But if not then I agree they should add an autofire, maybe if you hold right bumper or left bumper and fire its automatic, but I don't know what they do ingame.

If your playing on a pc (which I happened to notice not many of you are) then there is an autofire script in the modding section which works for squire, apprentice and monks right click. But if not then I agree they should add an autofire, maybe if you hold right bumper or left bumper and fire its automatic, but I don't know what they do ingame.

we are playing on a PC but with xbox controller..that's all..but i may switch to k/m if i could avoid this of course...still hate to leave my comfy controller though..thanks for the notice

I play on trendy which doesn't support mods from what i read, so your comment may be moot for trendy players, also, i don't want to autofire my block (as a squire) i want to autofire that which is making me click click click click which is my attack, same for mage

I see no tactical difference between holding the button or clicking my mouse to an early death. I maintain that we definitely need it to be autofire, preferrably by default, but if i Must turn it on through config, i can do that too.

Initially, it was merely annoying how I had to pull the right trigger for each attack (360 player), especially considering that there is no input buffering (and all trigger input requires full depression. Not even pulling the trigger most of the way registers). This means you could possibly hit the trigger and cause no effect. This in turn means you must pull the trigger yet again. This gets particularly tiresome when playing survival mode. Now, it feels like the lack of an auto-attack option is a severe design oversight, considering the nature of the gameplay. Hopefully this is rectified before too long.

i don't see any fix for this in the near future man...considering that it's not particularly something "broken" but rather "mis-designed" if that's a word :p...and they are currently up to their ears fixing stuff that's really "Broken" !

Agree - I think my mouse buttons are about to break due to all the clicking. Seriously, give us an option to go select either auto-shoot or point-and-click.

I wouldnt like it if they made it just hold to shoot for every char, the feel of it would disappear. I guess to be able to choose what to use (auto or not) would be ok but the auto should be slower than manual shooting imo.

Hunter needs to reload others have to mash buttons.

Strongly agree that auto-fire has to be added. Playing monk today in hard halloween stage, my finger feel so tired clicking the mouse for at least few hundred times.