EV wall sucking up mana

So i was doing NM HC MM throne room today and I was at wave 20+. Ninjas were falling from the sky and ogres were beating on my door step.

Anywho When the ogre would die i was waiting for the 500 mana to drop so I could continue my tower boost with my monk. Id see the mana drop and then it disappear (look like it ran into EV physical wll) and I didnt get any increase in mana.

After more time went on I noticed it kept happening. I wonder if this is a bug or are the walls mana eating zombies.

I think it has nothing todo with walls.
On higher waves, there are so many mobs dropping mana, that it is despawning before you can pick it up, even if its right in front of you.
Happens to me all the time "sigh".

That actually brings up a good question: why doesn't mana despawn by value (least valuable first)?

Because it all despawns at the same time?

Yeah I run into this problem more and more now that I'm using more auras. The mobs are killed off so quickly that mana sometimes never even hits the ground before it disappears.

Perhaps they should increase the number of mana tokens allowed at any given time. Or maybe they should do like they have done with accessories and make it so large mana tokens don't disappear. Heck, I don't know. What I do know is that it is a pain to be standing just out of range of a baddie that my aura just took out and the mana token he dropped disappears before I can pick it up.

I find this happening a lot on Aquanos (but I've also been running that map a lot lately). My build has changed from harpoon-weighted to aura-weighted. The auras seem to take out the mobs so much faster. With the swap from harpoons to auras, the waves on NM HC only last a few minutes.

Because it all despawns at the same time?

If all the mana on the board is despawning at the same time, that, too, is an issue.

That actually brings up a good question: why doesn't mana despawn by value (least valuable first)?

I assume because if only the inexpensive mana disappeared first, you may find yourself in a bind when 500-mana crystals are waiting for you across the map and you need mana NOW. Imagine being near-death and watching a stream of weaker enemies' mana disappearing as soon as it comes out. Gotta make that run over to the other side and hope nothin' pops up and kills you on the way...or that the wall you need to heal will stay up while you run across the map, pick up the mana, and run back to heal it.

I assume because if only the inexpensive mana disappeared first, you may find yourself in a bind when 500-mana crystals are waiting for you across the map and you need mana NOW. Imagine being near-death and watching a stream of weaker enemies' mana disappearing as soon as it comes out. Gotta make that run over to the other side and hope nothin' pops up and kills you on the way...or that the wall you need to heal will stay up while you run across the map, pick up the mana, and run back to heal it.

So indirectly you bring a possible suggestion. Instead of despawning mana by value, or time on the floor, perhaps it would be more appropriate to remove mana block based on distance from players. The one closer to a player would stay longer while those farther out, and presumably in a lower risk area, can be removed first. Then they could apply the 'remove by value' as a secondary rule if the mana close to players are not used or new one is also drop close to players.

I know it would probably require additional logic, but would probably alleviate issue around that for the very busy and fast waves when mana is required where you are actually defending.

Same goes for despawning of items - would be nice if the crappy ones went first, but i get that to keep the elite items rare they must despawn first.

So indirectly you bring a possible suggestion. Instead of despawning mana by value, or time on the floor, perhaps it would be more appropriate to remove mana block based on distance from players. The one closer to a player would stay longer while those farther out, and presumably in a lower risk area, can be removed first. Then they could apply the 'remove by value' as a secondary rule if the mana close to players are not used or new one is also drop close to players.

I know it would probably require additional logic, but would probably alleviate issue around that for the very busy and fast waves when mana is required where you are actually defending.

I'd certainly agree with the above, superior, solution.