I'm wondering if it's possible to:

Play my steam account and my wife's steam account on the same computer in two seperate windows, to multi box without multipul computers.

It may not be possible, but if it is, tell me how.

Only way to do that is with a Virtual Computer.

and you would need a decent computer for that to work with dd

and you would need a great computer for that to work with dd

Fixed that for you.

In case the OP doesn't know what you guys are suggesting: software such as Microsoft's Virtual PC or VMWare Player can emulate a separate Windows on your computer. However, it requires quite a bit of tech knowledge if you'd want it to work smoothly for online gaming, and an additional Windows license.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend it for this purpose. :p

I would suggest, if you play mostly together, that you play on the same account. This requires either you or your wife to restart a new char though...

Sandboxie. Google it. No need for all this stuff.
I'm on a ****ty laptop, windowing two dd right now.

Is it VAC safe ?

Sandboxie. Google it. No need for all this stuff.
I'm on a ****ty laptop, windowing two dd right now.

Yes, that's possible. I too sometime have DD in background finishing some Strategic mode while I am playing something else. And No you do not need an awesome computer to run it twice. However, what OP mentioned is the ability to run two Steam account on Same computer which I think is the portion that would be harder as you cannot sign into 2 steam account under the same user.

I haven't tried that, but worth a try. If you computer IS capable of running two DD then try this:

- Use the Windows capability to switch user without loging you out. (CTRL+ATL+DEL, Switch Users)
- Have your wife sign into another account on same computer, fire up Steam and have her sign into her account.
- Then switch back to your PC account (CTRL+ALT+DEL, Switch users, select you) and see if you were not logout of Steam.
- If not, then it may work.
- Create a private match in DD under your account.
- Switch back to your wife PC account, fire DD and join session as normal.
- Then user whichever PC account to play the game.

If it works, then you can multibox on same box. Downside is you will have to switch users each time you want to go control the other character. Upside, well you can do whatever you were expecting to do with 2 accounts at once.

Oh, and if it works. Let us know. Otherwise, not that I have a purpose for it, I might try this myself later when I get home just out of curiosity.

I'm wondering if it's possible to:

Play my steam account and my wife's steam account on the same computer in two seperate windows, to multi box without multipul computers.

It may not be possible, but if it is, tell me how.

Ugh, the MMO mind seeping into DD is incredible lol.

If you want to play with 2 characters, just use a controller for your second.

It doesn't make sense to have 2 instances of Steam or DD running.

It's possible, but you would have to use a 3rd party program to physically play both at the same time. The Second DD window won't be able to read your inputs, unless you switch windows.

You're not supposed to have two instances of Steam running on one machine.

You can do all that but I do agree with Alhanalem according to TOS with steam its just safer to play on one account on the same computer.