... are the Sharken the root of almost all problems now?

God I hate them. xD

yep a mob should never be able to move our towers.
I don't care what ppl on here say otherwise.

agreed.

agreed with dtr86.
Sharken has never moved any of my towers since I updated all my setup.

Agreed here. Sharken move my stuff all the time, but I understand that it's due to "ME" doing something wrong, not Trendy making the game too hard. I vote stop whining and figure out how to beat them.

i just hate the moving THROUGH other enemies.

lost a survival because of that, 3 ogres standing at a wall, dying, then a sharken runs through them, moving the wall and letting them through

Yep. I sometimes lose a wall to sharken. If I do, I try and work out a build that fixes it. Mostly, I've solved my sharken problems.

However. I agree with this. I can't run through an ogre. Why can a sharken? Surely it should stop if there's an ogre in the way? And then have to start it's charge animation all over again.

gas and darkness trap, gas makes sharken cough darkness removes poison element, thats 6 du to stop not only sharken but all little creatures and mages, remember if sharken are in range of charging your stuff they should be in sight of harp towers and in range of gas traps.

if an area get clogged use some prox traps to clear the clog. can you spare 6-9 du for each defense area? if you cant, change your build. not there are some glitchy sharken but thats soon to be fixed.

It isn't just you, but they aren't the problem. People failing to adapt is why they can't deal with the Sharken. They aren't easy to deal with, but they also aren't going to destroy every build, only builds that aren't prepared.

maybe it should just damage and stunn towers temporarily

Its nightmare for a reason, the hardest challenge possible is what trendy is trying to give us, personally i adapted, and now have no trouble with shaken, because i realised that the age of 20 harpoons in a row is over, just look up a setup that works, and implement it

i just hate the moving THROUGH other enemies.

lost a survival because of that, 3 ogres standing at a wall, dying, then a sharken runs through them, moving the wall and letting them through

This is my experience exactly. I have had Sharken move walls before, but then I adapted my build and it stopped. Same with Djinni. However, I've witnessed the Sharken-through-Ogre-pileup thing multiple times, and get a little miffed about it. I've been playing less lately mostly since my progression now has to be on Survival, but I lose on Wave 20 to such pileup shenanigans quite consistently.

Its nightmare for a reason, the hardest challenge possible is what trendy is trying to give us, personally i adapted, and now have no trouble with shaken, because i realised that the age of 20 harpoons in a row is over, just look up a setup that works, and implement it
I thought the Series EV made it easy to make 16 Harpoons in to do the work of 30..

I jumped in to a NM Survival, yesterday, before Steam was turned off for a little while. I had been doing a "hard" run on the same map.. I saw quite quickly that my "Hard" set up was going down to spiders.

I've not adapted yet, but then I'm running with Godly gear (which I can now grab solo), as I'm still not ready for Myth gear.

Why change a tower defense game into something that it is not?

I think you must be thinking of a different game. Dungeon Defenders is not a pure Tower Defense game. Once everyone embraces this fact, we can stop complaining about all this nonsense.

If your towers are unable to stop Sharken, or orges are piling up, then you need to physically move yourself out there and kill them.

If your towers are unable to stop Sharken, or orges are piling up, then you need to physically move yourself out there and kill them.

This is what I had to do.. I got myself a SeaHorse pet from insane Aquanos and started running around with this pet killing sharks.. This took me from W20 Misty to W30 with sharken (Before Sharken I use to do W30 all the time) At least now with my new pet I can do it again. My EV + Pet does over 2.2 million DPS normal constant damage on tavern dummy now and I still have around 80 upgrades left on pet.

I too adapted all my builds to sharkens. Allthough I have trouble sometimes and I watched the sharkens very careful since then. The problem is not, that the harpoons won't shoot at charging sharkens. They do that very efficent. The problem is, that sometimes sharkens won't charge and just walk to your defense and push it away without any charge. Well i guess this is just a little bug and will be fixed soon.

I find sharkens quite amusing, as they challenge me to use all my different builders, and i like that a lot.

This is what I had to do.. I got myself a SeaHorse pet from insane Aquanos and started running around with this pet killing sharks.. This took me from W20 Misty to W30 with sharken (Before Sharken I use to do W30 all the time) At least now with my new pet I can do it again. My EV + Pet does over 2.2 million DPS normal constant damage on tavern dummy now and I still have around 80 upgrades left on pet.

Yup, same here. Well, I sit back repairing towers, my buddy goes shark hunting with his pet. :)

I find it amusing that most threads still state how harpoons are doing this and that vs sharks and djinn and app towers still seem rarely used. Sharks are definitely annoying just like spiders and ogres glitching through walls and the myriad of other annoying things in the game. What exactly is making us keep playing this game?