I kind of understand why people get so kick happy.

First of all, I want to say that I don't kick unless the player does something to deserve it, but I kind of understand how people get this way.

I usually do private matches, or when I host I would usually do insane where my stats were good enough to make up for other players.

I just tried hosting two games.

One on Magus Quarters survival (starting at wave 20). I put may harpoons down and switch to my ev for walls and buffs but they take all the mana and start full upgrading the harpoons. I ask for the mana back but no one will give any up and they keep just upgrading. Another person joins with hacked stats (+1500 to stats and not wearing any gear) and tries to start building.

I tried doing Shipwreck Monster fest and no one wants to run mana to me at the start of the first round (which is the first thing I always do at the start of any match with a timer). The second time I tried, someone with better stats keeps selling my stuff and building his own in a different location (when there's only 20 seconds until the match starts). There's a reason why I hosted the game. If I didn't want to try to build I'd join someone else's game.

I don't have the best gear or stats at the moment, but I at least try to be helpful.

I still wont be one of those people that kicks right as someone joins (I still think that people that do this should just make private games), but I don't feel quite as ticked at them now.

Personally I have never hosted a public game, not a single one, quite possibly due to the reasons stated above.

Playing with friends is the best way to go, you can avoid such aggravation and enjoy the game!

When my friends aren't playing, I try doing things without them, sometimes fail, sometimes win, it's half the fun!

i got kicked after I helped someone set up wave 13 survival.
I didn't feel like like building a map for myself, so I joined a public game

so sad...

Almost every person I play with regularly I met through random public games. Not sure where some of you apparently recruited people from or came in with a set group in advance...

from this thread... it would seem that i need friends who play this game ._.

I started this game without any friends in it. I played a lot of open until I hit 74 and stepped into nightmare. Then, I did like some_guy, build and open. Sometimes it went wrong, bad, massive failing with dudes just going afk all the way. Sometimes it didn't. I made some friends with similar stats, with higher stats, and I still open survival builds for time to time and make friends over it. This is not so much of a problem if you have some luck, and perseverance.
I find a lot of people with a builder in the 1k range, medium dps but willing to progress and help by giving ideas, upgrading as mad mans, ... You don't need IRL friends to play this game with a team, but it can be hard to find nice people sometimes.

Personally I have never hosted a public game

Me neither, and I don't think I ever will host a public game.

I will join a game to level up my characters when I'm sick of building and leveling solo. I won't join a game that I know I couldn't contribute on either and I won't join a game where my character is overly powerful.

Me neither, and I don't think I ever will host a public game.

I will join a game to level up my characters when I'm sick of building and leveling solo. I won't join a game that I know I couldn't contribute on either and I won't join a game where my character is overly powerful.

Agreed 100%. Following those rules, the only times I get kicked are by jerks who don't want anyone playing with them.