Complain Complain Complain!!!!!

I'm going to a career center its for 10-12 grade taking interactive media basically programming games is a part of that its only been my first year of it I learned mysql and html so far made a online browser game that's kind of fun. I made my own pong game that is awesome so whoever hasn't played pong in awhile should check it out lol. Not sure if I really want to be a game developer though it might be a hobby

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta hand it to you Trendy, how you somehow can screw up your game, intentionally not fix it for consoles, and keep everyone turning their 'frowns upside down' is a mystery to me.

Or maybe I'm one of the few unhappy console players left on the forums, because everybody else got pissed off and left. That must be it.

BTW, The Behemoth released Castle Crashers on August 27th, 2008, which also had network and game save corruption issues and other various bugs/exploits. They worked with Microsoft to release a patch as soon as possible, which came December 24th, 2008 and fixed it, along with just about every other known issue at the time. A small fact I will keep in mind next time I'm deciding what game to look forward to downloading from the XBLA.

WOW. That's really awesome! We should take sometime and I we could share stories..I used to play pong all the time. Really was fun and not as tedious as everyone says, LOL! :)

thanks for your time and i hope the rest of your day is filled sunshine and lollipops.

I gotta hand it to you Trendy, how you somehow can screw up your game, intentionally not fix it for consoles, and keep everyone turning their 'frowns upside down' is a mystery to me.

Or maybe I'm one of the few unhappy console players left on the forums, because everybody else got pissed off and left. That must be it.

BTW, The Behemoth released Castle Crashers on August 27th, 2008, which also had network and game save corruption issues and other various bugs/exploits. They worked with Microsoft to release a patch as soon as possible, which came December 24th, 2008 and fixed it, along with just about every other known issue at the time. A small fact I will keep in mind next time I'm deciding what game to look forward to downloading from the XBLA.
No human is perfect, its the same for games.

I personally like imperfection, but maybe thats just me.

Interesting.. Rainbow Six: Vegas had all sorts of glitches and exploits that NEVER got fixed. Still one of the best games on the 360. It's all in how you handle what you're given.

My dad had a atari and he should me pong 10 years ago when I was 5 and I always thought pong was awesome and now that I know how to make a pong game its pretty sweet. My friends dad works for a game developer I can't remember which one and he might let me use one of their old game engines.

I don't understand how some people can pay for a product and be OK with it being broken. I'd say 80% of the game works and people think that's OK. Since when has it been OK for companies to deliberately refuse to fix flaws in their products.

Like I said before, everyone who has problems with the game should complain and say what their problem is. They have the rigt to do so.

If it takes 500 threads to get TE to see that they need to start fixing their game, then it's worth it. But if they see 500 threads still do nothing about it, then what does that make them?

It's the people who stand up and impose on change that make a difference.

-type R blood-

im sorry im happy enough with the 80 percent that works. i mean its not like all the other xbl games work perfectly .

I don't understand how some people can pay for a product and be OK with it being broken. I'd say 80% of the game works and people think that's OK. Since when has it been OK for companies to deliberately refuse to fix flaws in their products.

Like I said before, everyone who has problems with the game should complain and say what their problem is. They have the rigt to do so.

If it takes 500 threads to get TE to see that they need to start fixing their game, then it's worth it. But if they see 500 threads still do nothing about it, then what does that make them?

It's the people who stand up and impose on change that make a difference.

-type R blood-

There are 2 types of complaining/criticism,

1. Critique Criticism- A careful judgment in which you give your opinion about the good and bad parts of something with logic and reasoning.

2. Destructive Criticism- Destructive criticism aims to destroy the target of criticism, by making the destructive criticism (e.g. "you should shut up and follow the program"). The aim is to show that the point of view of someone else has no validity at all, or lacks any merit. In some contexts, destructive criticism is regarded as an undesirable nuisance, a threat, or as completely unjustifiable, especially if it involves personal attacks on people. Destructive criticism is often criticized because it has a destructive effect, instead of a positive effect.

If I were TE or any other company, I would choose option 1 over option 2 because at least with option 1, I can get an accurate look at something that is very constructive and showing some really good valid points. No company or person would choose option 2 since it consists of a lot of yelling, screaming, and cussing which no one wants to deal with.

There are 2 types of complaining/criticism,

1. Critique Criticism- A careful judgment in which you give your opinion about the good and bad parts of something with logic and reasoning.

2. Destructive Criticism- Destructive criticism aims to destroy the target of criticism, by making the destructive criticism (e.g. "you should shut up and follow the program"). The aim is to show that the point of view of someone else has no validity at all, or lacks any merit. In some contexts, destructive criticism is regarded as an undesirable nuisance, a threat, or as completely unjustifiable, especially if it involves personal attacks on people. Destructive criticism is often criticized because it has a destructive effect, instead of a positive effect.

If I were TE or any other company, I would choose option 1 over option 2 because at least with option 1, I can get an accurate look at something that is very constructive and showing some really good valid points. No company or person would choose option 2 since it consists of a lot of yelling, screaming, and cussing which no one wants to deal with.

I agree, people need to calm down, the game will get fixed sooner or later. Give them time, with 10k a patch it is not easy.

Anyone who wants to pitch TE 30k to give us everything PC has that would be amazing!

I would at least donate 300 to them. If everyone donated money to them they could probably do awesome stuff for the ps3 I might ask my dad to give them money he's part ownership of a construction comapny

I would at least donate 300 to them. If everyone donated money to them they could probably do awesome stuff for the ps3 I might ask my dad to give them money he's part ownership of a construction comapny

LOL I LOVE IT! It could be like Dungeon Defenders 1st ever fundraiser for DLC!!!!!!

LOL I LOVE IT! It could be like Dungeon Defenders 1st ever fundraiser for DLC!!!!!!

sounds exciting someone should make a thread for it

I'm glad I never heard anyone complain about the game. Its just over forums people complain I never heard anyone over mics complain. The only thing I have a complaint for is that my genie shardstaff makes people lag

That is actually a good idea. Maybe a kickstarter. We should bring that up to TE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That is actually a good idea. Maybe a kickstarter. We should bring that up to TE

It really is. I mean if everybody that played this game on console donated $1.00 Trendy would be able to put out a lot more stuff for us!

Im pretty sure everyone here has COD 4 or has either played COD 4 Michael Myers now if it wasn't for using exploits of the game it wouldnt have been any fun exploits made it possible and they were never fixed now do you think people wouldve been happy or annoyed that you couldnt do so much stuff like on cross fire. If you played michael myers on MW2 it was horrible you were restricted to everything and michael myers died as a result. Now if TE fix every single exploit it wont be as good, for example when you could do glitch jumps on Misty and go on top of the level that was fun little stuff like that was cool and fun not bad.