Mythical Real Time Strategist

[quote]Completed the Original Campaign and 3 Eternia Shards Missions only using summoned mobs and Overlord mode, except for the Final Wave... on Nightmare![/quote]

So I guess that a good geared summoner is going to be awesome to use!
That should give the haters who've been yelling "waste of DU" at the idea something to think about!

I personally can't wait to give it a try! What strategies do you guys think we will be able to come up with? The summons seem to pack more of a punch then most people were expecting, or can simply take a lot more, haha.

What strategies do you guys think we will be able to come up with?

Ogre Walls. What else?

This coincides with my desires. Make it so.

Very well. But it costs 10,000 mana, and has a 3 second delay before actually striking a large area.

There is a cheaper alternative though. For 4000 mana, you can summon a Tactical Strike to bombard a smaller area immediately.

Ogre Walls. What else?

Mega spider webs which affect djinn too...? It'd be the best thing since sliced bread if we could get something to take care of djinn and not be afraid of it being desummoned. I mean, that's like the best part of this stuff. You probably won't have to be worried about djinn simply poofing these things out of existence. :D]

Also: what was that again people said about Trendy not catering to solo players? This is pretty much the most obvious solo achievement ever, and pretty cool in my opinion!

Also: what was that again people said about Trendy not catering to solo players? This is pretty much the most obvious solo achievement ever, and pretty cool in my opinion!

Isn't this kinda like Brute Force -Achievement. Not a solo achievement in my opinion. Rather just playing with summoner along other players using overlord-mode.

//Edit: unless it only allows summoner/summoners and summoned monsters and overlord mode... Still I can't see how you protect 3+ crystals with just 2 summoned pets (solo).

Isn't this kinda like Brute Force -Achievement. Not a solo achievement in my opinion. Rather just playing with summoner along other players using overlord-mode.

You could do brute force on as low as easy mode, I think. That's hardly an achievement to compare one to which has a nightmare mode achievement.

Besides, you say that an achievement which can also be done with multiple players can hardly be a solo achievement. What the heck is your point there? The achievement implies that you complete it without towers and in overlord mode. Not afk in overlord mode while others do the work...

Way to be cynical about a game which you have invested close to 1000 hours played in. :p

I want an Orbital Strike.

Oh my, could this mean that we'll see non-afk builds from Kandar...? Hurray for variety in game design. ^_^

You could do brute force on as low as easy mode, I think. That's hardly an achievement to compare one to which has a nightmare mode achievement.

Besides, you say that an achievement which can also be done with multiple players can hardly be a solo achievement. What the heck is your point there? The achievement implies that you complete it without towers and in overlord mode. Not afk in overlord mode while others do the work...

Way to be cynical about a game which you have invested close to 1000 hours played in. :p

No, no, you understood a little wrong. With brute force I was referring to that comment about soloing which I quoted in my last post. With that I meant to point out this probably allows multiple players on team.

I don't know if you saw my edit before posting, but I really cannot see how you can protect multiple crystals with 2 summoned mobs. This makes this achievement pretty much impossible to solo.
Source: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?59838-DunDef-Digest-5-2-12 "He does not use weapons, but he can summon TWO pets to accompany him into battle."

And I have no idea where that "AFK in overlord mode" came when I said "playing with summoner along other players using overlord-mode".

//Another Edit: Now that I read more carefully I must've understood wrong. 2 summoned pets act as weapons and on top of that he can use DU to summon monsters? That makes the achievement soloable, yes.

//Edit number 238: Don't get me wrong. I play at least half of my playtime solo and prefer soloing achievements. If I finally understood summoner right, I can't wait to get working on this achievement as it will probably show me a lot of summoner capabilities in the process. And yes, I will be soloing it if I can. (Well it could be like "complete 6 maps" or something since after figuring out a "build" it probably gets a little boring)

stuff

A Trendy staff member has already clarified that the "2 pets" refers to his ability to equip two pets at the same time. The summons are only limited by your DU afaik.

I've searched and can't find information on this mode. What is it?

An overhead view mode, like most RTS games.

A Trendy staff member has already clarified that the "2 pets" refers to his ability to equip two pets at the same time. The summons are only limited by your DU afaik.

An overhead view mode, like most RTS games.

thanks!

Mega spider webs which affect djinn too...?

I'd want them to affect wyverns - make'em fall to the ground!

Also, the digest says:
[quote]
The Summoner can call upon the following creep types (in uber-powered Crystalline variants) for a cost in Defense Units: Orcs, Archers, Warriors, Mages, Spiders and Ogres.
[/quote]
So no Sharken? They move my walls; I want my revenge. Move their spawn doors halfway into the geometry - see how they like it.

I wonder if this guy will follow the trend of other DLC characters - weak on arrival and slowly buffed as people complain the achievement is impossible.

//Edit: unless it only allows summoner/summoners and summoned monsters and overlord mode... Still I can't see how you protect 3+ crystals with just 2 summoned pets (solo).

derp, he can have 2 pets equiped but no weapons, the summons are like movable towers, they use du, meaning alot more than 2

Zerg the enemy forces with mass goblins.
First have 3 people with genie pets passing mana to the summoner, while the summoner becomes a goblin spawner.

As of last patch (not the most recent one however), I think they added code for enemies to get webbed. I noticed a Djinn get webbed when it bounced off my reflect beam on Deeper Wells, though he didn't live long enough for me to notice if it affected anything or not.

As of last patch (not the most recent one however), I think they added code for enemies to get webbed. I noticed a Djinn get webbed when it bounced off my reflect beam on Deeper Wells, though he didn't live long enough for me to notice if it affected anything or not.

I remember a patch note saying *Added summoner functionalty hooks. That could be part of it then.

So no Sharken? They move my walls; I want my revenge. Move their spawn doors halfway into the geometry - see how they like it.

Ha! I just want a pet sharken to push other sharken into the geometry. *push* YOU LIKE THAT?! *push* DO YA?!

You get 2 -pets-, AND summons. Instead of having a weapon (or 2 weapons), summoner gets 2 pets. Like, a gryphon and a dragon. Two pets, where all other heroes only get one pet.

That has been possible for a while, possibly since EV's release. I noticed it a little while after her release.

My only issue is, I would hope there would be something to help confirm this for each map. Like Gunslinger or Master Strategist when you finish a map. This is something I hope Trendy can let us know asap.

My only issue is, I would hope there would be something to help confirm this for each map. Like Gunslinger or Master Strategist when you finish a map. This is something I hope Trendy can let us know asap.

My guess is that they'll add in some sort of new accomplishment reward for this, since that's how the game keeps track of such achievements.