Sign in to follow this  
snfubar

Tsuda be messing people up

ive been seeing people post and Tsuda going in and stomping them down. (cant help but laugh a little)

but one post was about being a beta tester and a link (to email them) what is it we need to become a beta tester?

i would LOVE to do that.

It is pretty funn and to be fair they deserve it. I am not completely happy with everything that trendy come out with and there are from time to time some obvious issues with released content and still a few lingering issues that seem to get ignored but they are usually pretty quick to get to fixing things and keeping the community informed which is great. Keep up the good work Trendy.

I really love - Just close threads and not help at all aspect of the guy. really brings this community together <3

Im not all that bad :(
I... I fix stuff... :sharken:

Beta testing positions may not be open right now but you are more then welcome to find out by emailing them at [email]betatesters@trendyent.com[/email]

I swear I would write an application for beta testing because obviously team needs me as I alone found more bugs and unbalanced stuff than team altogether I believe. Also I gained end-end-game so it would be easier if I could use experience and gear to see if balance is included.

There is one problem though... Diablo III comes and I will only enter DD for new patches and farming new implemented items :D

I demand an item... a sword!
Tsuda's Final Creation
Jeremy's Iforgot
Machiavell's Final Fantasy :D

Im not all that bad :(
I... I fix stuff... :sharken:

Beta testing positions may not be open right now but you are more then welcome to find out by emailing them at [email]betatesters@trendyent.com[/email]

This made me giggle a bit...in a manly way, I assure you. Manly giggling, it was, indeed.

I am sending an email for that now. :skeleton:

Sorta comes off as a dbag. I'm not sure why he's so defensive, it's not like people are making this stuff up. It's pretty valid complaints.

So now we have to pay for the DLC and beta test it? Are there really coders at Trendy who make a change, stand up and yell ship it? Based on how many hotfixes are needed almost every patch, I'm not sure where the confidence comes from. 1) the coders thinking they did it correctly 2) the coders thinking the beta test team will catch it. What kind of coder doesn't make the change, they fire up the client to test it? Seriously?

People play from all over the world. Not everyone has highspeed internet. Some people pay for bandwidth. Asking why Trendy is releasing 2gig buggy patches seems like a pretty valid question.

When a customer points out a problem, something they don't like, they're not wrong. Whether it's valid or not, doesn't matter. It's valid to them and they have a creditcard. There's also 50-100-250 more of them for each one posting here. The correct response is to say that you're trying to do your best at improving the buggy patches, there are limitations on reducing the size of the patches, and going forward Trendy is going to make sure anything with their name attached is nothing but the best quality, fun and value for your money.

You've sold millions of copies, and your response to the bugs is "you guys come test it then". Are you trying to be the indie's version of EA or is that just happening naturally?

ive been seeing people post and Tsuda going in and stomping them down. (cant help but laugh a little)

but one post was about being a beta tester and a link (to email them) what is it we need to become a beta tester?

i would LOVE to do that.

There are 2 different things of valid complaints and just plain being rude with complaining. Plus, it isn't like he banned them, just locked the threads and gave his opinion.

But the NM mode is beta testing, it's basically a almost open beta, I say almost cause we have to buy it to get it :), so when there is a problem or something we like to see how it works, we're supposed to say something, but when you come on going YOU GUYS SUCK FIX THIS! WHO THE HELL WORKS FOR YOU CRAP? DO IT MY WAY OR I QUIT! It's understandable the way tsuda handled it and I still say he did it just fine. Thumbs up!

Yes people are unresonable. You're in a SERVICE industry. People might not think it is, but it is. People get more upset when it comes to their free time then people realize.

The whole "we don't deal with idiots, hit the door". That catches up with you real quick.

Always remain cool, remain professional and address the issues openly and honestly. People respect that. Snarky one liners? That costs you money. Sure you'd love to tell people off. This isn't the place and it's not their job. I find it appalling he'd come onto the forum acting like Commando Joe blowing people up, this stuff is on google forever. There are people at Trendy who need their job. It's not a joke, he shouldn't treat it like a frat house telling the whiners to GTFO. Since there was a thread created solely about him "messing people up" there's not much debate.

Everything you say and do reflects your company, a little less brogrammer and a little more accountability for pretty reasonable complaints. I can't imagine Gabe hitting the forum "messing people up". We realize when people are acting a fool, we also realize when you respond accordingly. When people fire up the game wanting to play and have to wait 2 hours, they just might vent a little. Handle it with a little class and professionalism, it goes along way. I pretty much disagree with 90% of what Jer does, but it's pretty clear he's a very nice guy and has a lot of passion for DD. I can live with that.

There are 2 different things of valid complaints and just plain being rude with complaining. Plus, it isn't like he banned them, just locked the threads and gave his opinion.

But the NM mode is beta testing, it's basically a almost open beta, I say almost cause we have to buy it to get it :), so when there is a problem or something we like to see how it works, we're supposed to say something, but when you come on going YOU GUYS SUCK FIX THIS! WHO THE HELL WORKS FOR YOU CRAP? DO IT MY WAY OR I QUIT! It's understandable the way tsuda handled it and I still say he did it just fine. Thumbs up!

Fitty is 100% right.
No matter how nasty a post is, swearing, name calling. etc, There is no excuse for anyone representing Trendy to respond in kind, or even rudely. It's called maturity.
I am sure Trendy can not control the actions of their beta testers and I sure hope they try to screen out anyone who will flame a customer. IMO Trendy should exercise control over those that represent them and purport to speak for them. If it were my company I would not let some beta tester attack my customers without repercussions. I don't care how nasty the customer was, there are ways to handle these things.
Maturity.

I can actually appreciate having an official figure that feels like an actual person instead of a robot, and responds without super sugar-coating, or avoiding problems just because it might "look bad". Everything taken away, we're all human beings behind the text, including everybody that has worked on the game.

Granted, you can't be yelling and flaming everybody in sight because you disagree, that isn't what I mean, but being able to voice yourself no matter what the context is instead of cherry-picking the pleasant posts to respond to (referencing Jer) is a good thing. I understand Jeremy's position a bit more, though, since he is the lead, but one reason why everybody complains their voices go unanswered is because the brasher posts that do have valid opinions are avoided because the response isn't going to look as lighthearted. Tsuda seems to fit that role where others aren't.

I say carry on my good man Tsuda.

I can actually appreciate having an official figure that feels like an actual person instead of a robot, and responds without super sugar-coating, or avoiding problems just because it might "look bad". Everything taken away, we're all human beings behind the text, including everybody that has worked on the game.

This. As long as he isn't taking on a "OMG GOML SCRUB" attitude, I'm fine with the way he handled it. He should be respectful to people, indeed, but nowhere in that post was he disrespectful. The OP did, however, bash the beta testers, which Trendy doesn't like.

Don't go soft on us, Tsuda!

i personally don't like him, my reasons don't really matter. i'm a nobody and that makes it not relevant.

what does matter is that a TE rep has a hate thread on them which no matter what becomes of it, speaks for itself and it speaks quite loudly.

@Kandar: I don't believe this started as a hate thread, however there are certainly mixed feelings about the situation. Mix mode? There's a pun in there somewhere, but I'm too lazy to be clever right now.

IMO the most valuable possession that a mod/dev can obtain is respect from their fan-base. While Tsuda may be gaining respect with some, and losing it with others, it is the latter that concerns me. Just saying...

@TheMaster: It is refreshing to have a mod speak as a person, and not a robot. And at the end of the day we are all humans behind the text. It seems to me that Tsuda didn't really take said "persons-behind-the-text" into consideration when he made his blunt remarks. They are people too, and while they may not be the best at conveying their issues with the game, they are still people nevertheless and should be treated accordingly (and not as another trash post, or whatever).

These are just my thoughts on the matter.

Apologies to all those who feel I have offended them or talked to them in a less then satisfactory way. I've already been given a stern talking to about my presence on the forums, and will adjust accordingly.

Cheers.

^ This is why I love Trendy.

You guys are pretty damn responsive. Thanks Tsuda, and we all love the work you're doing!

Apologies to all those who feel I have offended them or talked to them in a less then satisfactory way. I've already been given a stern talking to about my presence on the forums, and will adjust accordingly.

Cheers.

I prefer an ******* to a lack of presence.

And you weren't even being an *******. <3

EDIT: Well, word filters. I guess the stars say it all.

Cheers.

I would ****ed up this thread if I was still a Mod ;)

Cheers.

Great, now Tsuda has been converted to the robot army and I assume will be posting far less frequently now. This is very disappointing, I was hoping to finally have a representative of Trendy that could respond to the bad as well as the good. Ugh.

Cheers.

And now the community has pushed Trendy in to a corner to reprimand an employee and create another robot.

I wish players would understand that we are no different from leads, ceos, beta testers, designers; etc of companies, we all game. We all don't take how people feel in to consideration from time to time, no one is perfect, yet because we spend money on something someone else makes/manufactures (who we don't personally know- Big key factor here if you know Anthropology), we feel entitled to be special and get special treatment. So when a dev or someone at a company attacks us even in a very little remark, we have to go all out..

Yes we want what we pay for, but you got that with the original game and it was YOUR decision to buy the alpha/beta of Nightmare etc, Trendy didn't force you.

Out with the robots, got ticked when companies started replacing people with phone recordings, don't do it here too!