Patch Discussion 7.33

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A better question is when halloween drops are actually going to be fixed to drop. They currently only appear in the tavern or given by shroomites/donkeys/etc

No, the best question is when will the do something about stat rollovers increasingly ruining high end equipment, especially Apprentice Staves and Huntress guns/bows.

Yeah, someone took everything on my floor today. Guess I forgot to lock it after a friend didn't want to trade due to our past bugs with losing stuff in trades. Just lost about 100 tokens worth of stuff. I figure I'm prob taking a break til Shards 4 (or whatever huge update is next). Ug. Is there any way to put an individual 'Lock Item' on each item on floor, or have a 'shop tavern' and a 'friend's lobby'?

Is there any way to put an individual 'Lock Item' on each item on floor, or have a 'shop tavern' and a 'friend's lobby'?

yes, the "friend's lobby" is called "private game".

yes, the "friend's lobby" is called "private game".

lol...

Yes, this was done. It was also "Hidden," which I'm sure you'll mention next? The security risk comes with the 'Lock/Unlock Tavern Items.' Even after being hidden, tavern floor items are in jeopardy if someone decides to take things. In this case, a friend I trust IRL (not just a 'Steam Friend' as is encouraged by provision of DefendersStore) and I have lost at least a billion-worth of items in trades, and he doesn't put items in trade after losing some major things, even after some of the patches for it. There are also people in tavern who accidentally drop things and CAN'T pick them back up, and if I'm not AFK, I have to ask everyone to leave or boot people before making Hidden and unlocking items. There too, the random person in shop can 'accidentally' drop an item and instead steal your stuff if they're ornery. If you drop an item accidentally in someone else's shop and can't pick it up, and leave-and-return, you can't pick it up at all, either. So if you accidentally drop the item instead of selling (e.g. mana tokens in item box -- dropping items has no confirmation), it's likely theirs for good, which also is a bummer.

In my case, I'm still reworking my short-term memory, and I forgot to lock things again after a friend got a piece of armor from me. Bummer. The problem is that one forgetful move with other important things on my mind results in all my stuff I had for offers being gone. It's my fault for forgetting, but I wish there were a setup that would prevent all stuff from being stolen. The suggestion is that there be a separate lobby where there can be display items that can't be picked up by anyone but the shop owner (EDIT: or by default, relock every opening).

But even one stroke of unforgetfulness can result in about 20 billion of stuff being gone. I already was at the end of my replay value til next major achievement, but helping people level + having shop open for people who needed help was at least keeping it going. This entirely kills it for me. Too much work gone due to one click.

On another note, EV Jetpack + Portal was kinda fun on several maps, lol.

Fix Your Broken Mac Client so Mac users don't feel cheated about a game they paid for that doesn't work

commish, i was under the assumption that it was a public game. if you have "friends" that do this, mh well, i think there's not much you can do. maybe password protect your games?!

commish, i was under the assumption that it was a public game. if you have "friends" that do this, mh well, i think there's not much you can do. maybe password protect your games?!
He unlocked it for a friend and forgot to relock it before starting the next public game.

There's not really a good solution for what he described. A separate lobby would be cumbersome beyond belief. That was just plain user error and there isn't much anyone can do to prevent all sorts of similar mistakes.

Dear Trendy:

Sorry I think there is a xbox360 controller set up problem . I cant use "G" function for my xbox360 controller no matter what key I set it up (keyboard or controller both not working for 2P ) . Thus I still have to wait for a long long time on Monster Fest games. can Trendy please fix it? Thx

Dear Trendy:

Sorry I think there is a xbox360 controller set up problem . I cant use "G" function for my xbox360 controller no matter what key I set it up (keyboard or controller both not working for 2P ) . Thus I still have to wait for a long long time on Monster Fest games. can Trendy please fix it? Thx

Sadly, to make that correction, you have to go straight into the .ini file.

Please, Trendy, fix that.