Patch Discussion 7.33

Has anyone had an issue with OMF this patch? It always loads in Nightmare difficulty for me, and a friend says he's had the same issue.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he has to endanger himself to do so. And in late NM Survival, Going melee is suicidal. Even more so in Mix mode. Turtle Stance helps, but the damage is pitiful compared to the enemy health at that point.

If it was just a buff to NM only, I'd mostly understand, but from the patch notes I can infer that this is a flat buff across all difficulties, which makes no sense at all.

wow, awesome patch. I thought I was getting great things on Aquous b4 but I just got my first supreme item. And the item count? I had no idea my box was so full b4 (somehow had 180 random things tucked into my many folders) I would pay $15 again I'm so happy

I think its time to raise the soft cap on mana again. Its incredibly easy to hit 600Mil every 10 waves or so, even solo. And I bet the tavern would love to start carrying things for more than 400 Mil (Highest I've seen)

I do not have a problem with sharken, ogres, or anything else.
I have a problem with being stuck at 2k~ stats because I can never seem to get trans to drop, or even high end myths.
Endless farming in original maps (completing wave 25) produces no trans items, and my towers simply are not strong enough for 25+ misty. There is a problem with the gear progression system; not my builds, or sharken, or anything else.
feel the exact same thing

Didn't realize I was stating the obvious when your previous quote says verbatim

So clearly you didn't know this obvious information. Sorry my informative post of this obvious, common knowledge was posted after you already learned this fact.

If you are upset about progression into Nightmare being broken, remember that Nightmare mode is in "early access" and we are still missing at least 1 map that will assist in the transition from Insane to Nightmare.

Again, thank you for pointing out the obvious.
If you would like to argue semantics perhaps you can do it elsewhere.
As previously stated, the myths that drop in insane are junk.
By "adding myths to insane" I was implying add nm quality myths to insane, then make trans items
replace myths in nm mode as normal drops. Hope I have clarified this enough for you.

What character do you play waves as? Do you do it solo or with help? What Pet do you use?

Using Kandar's build with 2k stats does not automatically equal a win, I am wondering what else or what goes with it that allows you to beat it with just 2k stats.

No it doesnt automatically equal a win. It took many attempts before clearing Misty 30. I'm playing solo with a squire. I use a monkey and now lately a seahorse. I hardly ever attack with the squire, I go to wherever there's a need and stand in a block defense and let the pet do the work. I also have had success with a huntress guardian but the stats of my guardians don't come close to my seahorse which is what pushed me up to 2.4k

Again, thank you for pointing out the obvious.
If you would like to argue semantics perhaps you can do it elsewhere.
As previously stated, the myths that drop in insane are junk.
By "adding myths to insane" I was implying add nm quality myths to insane, then make trans items
replace myths in nm mode as normal drops. Hope I have clarified this enough for you.

My entire point was you stated something. I don't know you, so I let you know something that we both consider common knowledge. You did not clarify what type's of Myth's you wanted to see in Insane, although I could have assumed and made a guess. Instead, I pointed out this common knowledge trying to be helpful to someone who came across as ignorant. Then, from my perspective, you rudely mocked me for attempting to help someone who did not know the common knowledge. Sorry if I am being a little girl in my interpretation of your posts. That is my fault.

Also, I would agree that progression is broken in an early released game mode that is at most 75% complete. It sucks being at a wall that requires RNG to get over.

Take the arguments about loot progression somewhere else please.

And man, I just had to say it again, this patch is sick! :D

I would personally love an inventory/shop sorting feature. For instance I would like to pick what to list in which order (armor, pets, weapons, accessories etc) the I'd like to divide them by sub categories. Like for armor all chain together or plate together etc. Would be nice to have ascending or descending options for value too.

Would also like to have more control over minimap coding. Would be nice to setup what shows up as green to me (i.e. only armor valued at xxx amount or more or with xxx stat or more). Also only mythical, supreme, and transcendant. Kind of how the map search is setup (can add or remove variables individually).

Looks like they slightly altered the mob counts on maps too. I see reports of Morrago has an extra ogre and wyverns on the early waves. I did F&F at wave 23 earlier and the Djinn count went from 4 in 7.32 to 10 in 7.33 and I think the Sharken count was increased as well (from 15 to 19).

all that i want in this game now is to make nightmare monsters tickable.

if you want to play on misty, you have to have spiders ticked, it allows mythical to drop
if you want to play the desert, you have to tick spiders and djin, it allows better mythical and trans to drop, also, you can play misty with that.
if you want to play aquanos, you have to tick shark spider and djin, it allows supreme trans and mythical to drop, in better quality.

i really thing all the new mobs should be tickable things, like mix mode or hardcore.
this way we can gear up and than tick a new mob when we feel we have good enough gear to handle them.

though im kind of expecting this when nightmare is no longer early access. mainly because i just cant see any new players being able to bridge the gap once the 4th mob comes out.

From the patch notes:

[QUOTE]* Fixed Config Tool Secondary Key bindings / Controller bindings application [/QUOTE]

The only thing I know was broken here was not fixed. If I remap the "show map" function to Xbox Left Bumper, I can't access the map.

[QUOTE] * Removed Djinn from Insane Mistymire Boss Fight [/QUOTE]

Thanks on this one! I can confirm the Djinn have been removed from Hard mode as well.

Would also like to have more control over minimap coding. Would be nice to setup what shows up as green to me (i.e. only armor valued at xxx amount or more or with xxx stat or more). Also only mythical, supreme, and transcendant. Kind of how the map search is setup (can add or remove variables individually).

This would be a fantastic feature!
You should consider creating a poll for this idea.

this I feel show the problem with what this game has become nothing more than Google the build that's know to work and hope your stats are high enough to make it work [...]

it's not just this game - it's nearly every game today. people like rewards, not challenges. imagine a game like super mario today, where most players never saw the end. not imaginable anymore today.

it's not just this game - it's nearly every game today. people like rewards, not challenges. imagine a game like super mario today, where most players never saw the end. not imaginable anymore today.

Your argument is a valid one. While most gamers do enjoy a challenge, the reward should be fitting.
Grinding away for hundreds of hours with little progression is hardly rewarding.
I have a WoW account, my main character there has over 3 years of play time; I also own many Diablo 2 accounts from every ladder season. Those ladder seasons were grindy, but with 700 hours of play i had accomplished great things. 700 hours of game play in this game amount to meager noob status. Risk - reward! Plenty of risk, not much reward.
MMORPG's and tower defense games are inherently grindy games, but there should be rewards that match time and effort invested. HENCE, the argument for a formal gear progression system.
I propose, a progression system like other MMO's.
For each match completed on NM mode, perhaps a token could be awarded.
A token that could be used to purchase entry level grade items of the current max tier.
For example: a supreme quality item of plate type (randomly chosen armor class) could be purchased for a set amount of these tokens. This way, even if 5-10 runs of smf or omf yield no upgrades, at least you are still working towards a goal, rather than blind rng and hundreds of hours of wasted time.
Perhaps there could be a new vendor in the tavern that redeems these tokens.
These are of course, just ideas and suggestions.
I hope Trendy will consider revising the gear progression system, in some way.
Spliff's point roughly illustrates my frustration, there needs to be an end in sight, some kind of goal to set and obtain.

Anybody else getting lag after this most recent patch? Two players that I host all the time last night were complaining of lag (like the old days - app tower server side calculated projectiles lag) with the only difference being inferno traps were used when we usually don't.

Don't tell me inferno traps are server side as well...

Ysomoko's idea would be pretty cool to have something to work towards.

Since they came out, I've seen 0 trans drop and a total of 5 accessories, I play survival hc nm on the higher grade maps.

A lot of other people have been complaining of lag yes, I haven't had issues when I host on a high end computer.

I've been having a lot of problems with shaken with new patch and sharken. I have my gas traps well out of range of the walls but every time I lose on wave 22+ survival it's because a sharken moved a wall. I guarantee the traps are out of range for sharken, but somehow they still get in? This is really annoying to have to go back to random luck see how far you get if you get lucky or not.

ok, just got my trapper higher end pet... well... already had it, just thought her pet was better than it was...
so im able to get to wave 20+ in misty now.

i have a few questions.

do sharks ramp up further and further away each wave?
and does anyone else think they do retarded amounts of dmg? wave 16 300k hp and 80% resist, and i almost died instantly.
on wave 20, i did die instantly.

what happened to 4djin at a time solo... i saw i believe 15 at once one lane had 6 and the moment that gas ended all 6 decided to desummon at the same time.

A lot of other people have been complaining of lag yes, I haven't had issues when I host on a high end computer.

I've been having a lot of problems with shaken with new patch and sharken. I have my gas traps well out of range of the walls but every time I lose on wave 22+ survival it's because a sharken moved a wall. I guarantee the traps are out of range for sharken, but somehow they still get in? This is really annoying to have to go back to random luck see how far you get if you get lucky or not.

Had this problem before as well. Seems that sharken are surviving long enough to let off a charge with the increased HP 20+. It really is the most frustrating thing to go from perfect to shambles in 1 wave though, just b/c sharken HP is higher than your traps/auras to deal with

AH nice not only I have this problem. ^^
Btw. it seems that Trendy finally made it. ^^ After palyin Misty 30 times last days I finally found a bad leave thrower. Before I didnt even see new content drpos in Misty... so sad...