new achevements make me think summiner is going to be op

ok so i just noticed they added some new achevements andlooking at them makes me think how can one type of char be added to the game that can do this without other ones being used and not be over powered

achevement added
Completed the Original Campaign and 3 Eternia Shards Missions using only summoned mobs and Overlord mode, except for the Final Wave.

Completed the Original Campaign and 3 Eternia Shards Missions only using summoned mobs and Overlord mode, except for the Final Wave... on Nightmare!

I guess the "except for final wave" might be included for boss fights purposes, as say the final wave on something like Royal Gardens is nothing special.

Gunslinger achievement says hello. :)

Four DPS characters can easily handle most of the campaign at the very least, though NM would be a bit more problematic. This way you can have DPS characters and the new towers.

Think of it this way: what if we asked you to only use one kind of tower? Could you accomplish both those achievements that way? Of course you could.

One summoner, 3 DPS = go.

Well, lets be honest. The lead up to the boss isn't really that hard. The bigger issue will probably be converting as needed at the end.

Alternatively, it could be ala gunslinger, where you can team up and only have one person working it at a time.

Campaign missions are no that hard. I can beat a few of the early campaign missions on NM solo using my monk with a pet but no auras and my monks stats don't even break 1000, thow in some ensare auras and I can beat some of the later stages as well.

My friend as a bit of a joke has beaten a lot of the Campaign stages using just Magic Missiles or Deadly Strike Towers.

My friend as a bit of a joke has beaten a lot of the Campaign stages using just Magic Missiles or Deadly Strike Towers.

I've beaten insane summit with about 15 DSTs on buff beams surrounded by reflect barriers on the big circle. Fun times. Even the Dragon died in seconds.

@OP you forget this is for YOU only. It did not say solo the game using only summoner, your team members can still build and do what ever else to beat the game. You are restricted to only the summoner just like the tower only achievement or weapons only achievement....

@OP you forget this is for YOU only. It did not say solo the game using only summoner, your team members can still build and do what ever else to beat the game. You are restricted to only the summoner just like the tower only achievement or weapons only achievement....

Yup yup, but seems more fun and interesting to try and solo lol. Also, be nice if at the end of every map it gives you something like Gunslinger to confirm you have done it for that map.

ok so i just noticed they added some new achevements andlooking at them makes me think how can one type of char be added to the game that can do this without other ones being used and not be over powered

achevement added
Completed the Original Campaign and 3 Eternia Shards Missions using only summoned mobs and Overlord mode, except for the Final Wave.

Completed the Original Campaign and 3 Eternia Shards Missions only using summoned mobs and Overlord mode, except for the Final Wave... on Nightmare!

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?61075-Mythical-Real-Time-Strategist

Looked for existing threads much?

I'm going to do it solo once he comes out, i wasn't going to buy the character, but after reading more about him, he now sounds like a lot of fun. I just wonder what his stats will be like to level up unless his hero attack goes into any pet's attack to power them up also.

I'm going to do it solo once he comes out, i wasn't going to buy the character, but after reading more about him, he now sounds like a lot of fun. I just wonder what his stats will be like to level up unless his hero attack goes into any pet's attack to power them up also.

I haven't really thought about that before. Watch it end up being something like the Barbarian's stats where each tower stat (+ hero damage?) is changed into the power of an individual creep. From the Digest picture, their colors appear to match the colors of the tower stats (red archer = tower hp, yellow spider = tower attack, green ogre = tower firing rate, blue DEW = tower range). Not sure what the purple mage would be, and orcs aren't pictured, but you get the general idea.

I wonder how this achievement is calculated.

I mean, it seems to says that only summoned mobs are allowed to be used, but does it base it on build units or on kills?

If it is kills then I could throw up my physical beams, Str drains and ensnares.

The term "using" could imply either and lets not forget you still get the "only used weapons" bonus even when mobs are inside passive auras.

you have to be in the RTS overlord mode using only mobs for it count. So you can't be in the map running around I don't think.
So they are probably putting in a new end wave bonus so it will know to count for it is my guess.

Did you?...

Yeah, since the one I linked was made 4,5 hours before yours.

Whatever. Instead of having a proper discussion about what's possible, a suggestive sensational thread is now on top, degenerating any form of discussion into a flame festival against certain things in the game being OP.

Thanks for lowering the quality of this forum again.

Completed the Original Campaign and 3 Eternia Shards Missions using only summoned minions and Overlord mode for your entire team, except for the Final Wave.

Says "entire team" now, guess they changed the wording.

Yeah, since the one I linked was made 4,5 hours before yours.

Whatever. Instead of having a proper discussion about what's possible, a suggestive sensational thread is now on top, degenerating any form of discussion into a flame festival against certain things in the game being OP.

Thanks for lowering the quality of this forum again.

So.. 10.14 PM is 4,5 hours earlier than 02.43 PM.. Got it...

This isn't MY thread though and I don't see myself lowering the quality of the forums on a regular basis.

If you want your own (evidently better) thread on top - maybe you should post in that one instead.

On topic: I am looking forward to seeing how the summoner will play out. Should be a nice change of pace. I hardly think you can deduce that it's going to be OP just from the wording of the achievements.