Sharken and Summoner. Evil plot afoot

While I still find Sharken unmanageable unless you take them out yourself, I am believing the solution is available with the Summoner addition.

Currently Sharken , the only way to truly counter them is with brute force, providing the conditions, is A you need line of sight of the Sharken, but that means they are in line of sight of your towers. So pick your poison.

I am feeling that the Summoner class would provide an elegant solution, since Sharken only charge defenses, these summoned mobs would distract the Sharken so they would never charge.

It is a evil plot to make sure perfectionists like myself buy the class! *jokingly*

-------More suggestions to improve Sharken-------------
Suggestions are stand alone
1. Make a minimum distance that they can charge at, they cannot just be standing next to your walls and charge.
2. Sharken need to have clear line of sight to charge defenses (no allies should be in the way), making them wait for a clear opening before doing so.

1. Make a minimum distance that they can charge at, they cannot just be standing next to your walls and charge.

The sharken regular attack has a massive pushback as it is. If they're standing next to your wall and able to attack, you're screwed with or without a charge anyway. ;)

The sharken arent that bad at all >.> They are fine since theyve been nerfed, no reason to nerf them more.

This. I haven't had any trouble with them unless my build was bad. Gas Traps combined with an electric aura or inferno trap remove all Sharken problems for me in SV's. Funny that most lanes now are just a single harpoon supported by traps, beams and auras in my builds. Harpoon is mainly there to grab Ogre aggro so they just run up against the wall and not do anything. Sometimes I throw up a fire tower paired with the harpoon if DU is extra on a lane that sees a large number of Ogres. But I haven't yet had a sharken issue on the high end SV waves (and my stats are not above 2k either as most fall in the 1000-1500 range).

Generally if a sharken is moving your stuff, your build is wrong and you need to rethink it. I've joined a few public SV games and I constantly see people try to brute force the waves with 3 or 4 harpoons on a lane and no traps/auras for support. The build fails before wave 20 due to a sharken then.

Their charge range is about 15ish if i recall, readjusted my builds to the dead spot. Though in my last line of testing, refusing to be beaten by them, i found that abusing the dead spot is the best way to deal with them, so much so that I had 0 wall movements in my last build with 4 DU to spare. I tried the single lone tower method, I found it to be touch and go depending on how geared your trapper is.

One method was to just shadow a strength aura just to rim half of your gas trap.

Another was to put gas traps half way around the corner with an electric aura in place to sap them, but away from line of sight of walls.

Which leads to the question, you have to have pretty much 1 of every type of builder to succeed in survival. The only thing that doesn't have a use is the squire wall builder.

As a side note,
WTB an in game ruler haha

This. I haven't had any trouble with them unless my build was bad. Gas Traps combined with an electric aura or inferno trap remove all Sharken problems for me in SV's. Funny that most lanes now are just a single harpoon supported by traps, beams and auras in my builds. Harpoon is mainly there to grab Ogre aggro so they just run up against the wall and not do anything. Sometimes I throw up a fire tower paired with the harpoon if DU is extra on a lane that sees a large number of Ogres. But I haven't yet had a sharken issue on the high end SV waves (and my stats are not above 2k either as most fall in the 1000-1500 range).

Generally if a sharken is moving your stuff, your build is wrong and you need to rethink it. I've joined a few public SV games and I constantly see people try to brute force the waves with 3 or 4 harpoons on a lane and no traps/auras for support. The build fails before wave 20 due to a sharken then.

Well unless sharken charge from a stunned state in a gas trap =/. If they fixed that, I would completely agree with you.