I have completed NMHC UMF without towers (except auras)

I post this to boast of my accomplishment.

EDIT: some additional information

as you can see from this image, i just stacked str drain, electric, heal and ensnare auras in 1 pile

my aura builder stats are around 1k on all tower stats

Its good, but (Hate to rain on your parade) I find aura's are towers.

That's why i listed them as exceptions, my main point was that i did nm hc umf the old fashioned way back when nightmare didn't exist, insane umf was done this way using only hero dps.

Had posted a minor comment about strength drain being a bit beyond classic method, but got to see your build afterwords. Impressive simplicity. Definitely a challenge to complete.

Welcome to the club, well if there's one? I have worked several maps with Auras alone or Auras/Traps myself, I refer to those setup as 'without physical defense'. Meaning they do not use any form of tower or walls. I have run in some difficulty in doing so, for example it seem to blow up DEW's brain of finding what to do.

For this specific scenario, I can appreciate the elegant simplicity. Well done.

This is how ive been doing all the monster fests for a while now :P. Much easier to set up and more fun to play.

I did that before Evie update using countess.
Also once I did it without any auras too, only me and my pet :D

I did that before Evie update using countess.
Also once I did it without any auras too, only me and my pet :D

Yeah I'm with Mach - do it commando style! :p
That's guaranteed to get your pulse pounding.

What if you have done the opposite and cleared uber fests with just lightning towers, buff beams, and walls? Does that count?

What if you have done the opposite and cleared uber fests with just lightning towers, buff beams, and walls? Does that count?

that was awesome, your lighting towers hit everything!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559815834134177988/EA36A8E0652F31CF94B7FD1EF6E07A7DF94BC91F/ I want to brag too tho, I only never had done the lifestream MF, so I decided to get it done using the same method and viola, I did it!

Can add traps too. How I usually do them. Just don't get fancy and add lightning towers too. Sharks are jerks and smoosh my wimpy alts.

3 chars + OMF + spamlooting = Billion mana or so per hour.

• 2 weeks later...
I finished Servant Quarters MM NMHC surv (wave 25) using just auras, buff beams & traps. With 3 afk heroes. No app or squire towers.

Edit: Oops.. I did use EV walls.

try doing it with 8 players, since its an 8 player map.

Edit: actually try to beat it with 4.

My friend and I did it with 2. Before EV and just with auras. Easy. He had an App Guard and I had a Monk Guard so it made all the auras HUGE.

My friend and I did it with 2. Before EV and just with auras. Easy. He had an App Guard and I had a Monk Guard so it made all the auras HUGE.

His point of trying with 8, or even 4 is that there are extra mobs. Beating it with 2 has fewer mobs and most of them have slightly less hp. The numbers of mobs and the strength scales dependent on the number of active characters in the wave when it starts. Two characters have to kill fewer things then four characters do.