My squire has tower stats around 800-900+ (except for tower radius which is 200-300) and he has over 15k-16k health. I've tried soloing Glitter NMHC and I can get through the first 3-4 waves, but the gear all seems to be low end. Is there any stage that I can solo and get better gear? Or if I have to I don't mind making a party, if I can get good high end gear, or at least make more mana.

If you just have this squire, you should invest some time to build up a trapper, even a crappy one. Gas trap will help you a lot in order to progress.

I have a squire around your stats. I've found NM HC Mistymire Survival to be fairly loot-generous and still doable, but you'll definitely need some other characters up to those stats as well. I'd suggest an aura Monk and Trapper at minimum, though a Series EV would be VERY welcome for walls and buff beams. A DPS char could be good, too, but I've honestly found that with a decent pet and weapon, an active Squire builder works fine. Just remember to blood rage to up your DPS to something decent and you should be fine.

Consider farming Insane HC Survival Aquanos or Karathiki to get a good seahorse or Monkey first, and level that puppy up~ Pet DPS in NM is far superior to hero DPS, so it should help you resolve ogre problems.

Right now it's going to be hard to finish mistymire in the first place. It's a very nice map to farm gear though, even on campaign. I would recommend getting a trap huntress and aura monk as well. You can level them up really quickly with insane hardcore glitter (campaign or survival) or aquanos (campaign or survival again).

If you have the DLC, the EV is absolutely amazing if you intend to solo a lot.

You could try each of the shards maps on nmhc to see which one you prefer to start trying out for loot, or just keep mixing it up. Either works really.

The midwest is good for farming, mostly grains though. But the soil is rich enough that most things should be fine, the only thing to really worry about is an early frost.

Having Auras, Traps, Buffs, and Reflection beams is the difference between a map that seems impossible and a map that is doable.

If you are only playing with your Squire towers, then you are severly hindering yourself.