There are some new pets that have opened up to debate witch is the best one.

Mega Chicken
Cowboy Monkey
Seahorse
Djinnlet

Some of them like the Monkey and Djinlet can give mana & heal as secondary effects so feel free to incorporate that into your decision if you think it makes a difference in why you would pick it or not.

I'll make this a poll as well just to make it easier to see the most picked dps pet.

I've never got around to using those pets yet, but the one I have used that I find the best is probably the robots.

If you use a lot of STR drain auras in your build the seahorse can be a very hard hitter.

Let's run down the list:

Mega Chicken? Expensive to get (36 Humos!) and not really obtainable anymore unless you buy from other players.
Monkey? Still a pretty good pet if you are soloing, Long range, Heals you a little bit, Shoots nukes with hero boost.
Djinnlet? It's some pretty lol DPS but it's good to use for a couple waves to upgrade anything.
Now, the Seahorse. Ah, the Seahorse. Get a 300^ up and it's does some pretty sick DPS. I use a 304^ fully Upped and it does something like 1mil a pop with hero boost. I call it Ogre Plow INC. heh. Seahorse is really the best DPS pet in the game and it isn't to hard to get a good one.

it not hard but the game doesn't want to reward me a high upgrade seahorse only low ones and i mean super low lol
got the worst luck for seahorses

Start wave 18, build (5 mins), farm 2 waves (5 mins each) - takes 15 mins tops to farm a seahorse.
I got a good one today after 6 or 7 goes.

And as I said last time this cropped up (about a week ago.. :/ )
Assuming a monk with ~1800 hero attack, 500 hero boost. Here are some numbers, for nightmare.
Djinn is good for the upping waves. You'll get about 1m DPS with a decent one, plus endless mana.
Monkey's range is what makes it great. Single target (with splash), easy (ish) to get over 2m per shot (~2.7m DPS).
Seahorse is great for up-close damage against element-stripped mobs. 6m DPS easily achievable. They just chew ogres to pieces.
I'd skip the chicken. It appears to have short range, which basically makes it like a seahorse, only less DPS.

There's absolutely no question that you should have all 3 in the bag - they're all useful in difference scenarios. But it's going to cost you around 2b per pet to max out.

Overall, I'd say monkey. If you know you'll have immunity strippers for every mob, seahorse is worth considering.

So far my group has not been able to beat Jungle or Aquios to farm for a monkey or seahorse. I already have a Mega Chicken just wanted to know how well he stands compared to the other new pets.

We were one wave away from beating the Jungle to unlock survival and doing so well (watch the last livestream on my YouTube channel) as for Aquios... I dunno how hard that will be for us on Nightmare to beat the boss.

If the build you are using strips resists, you can't compete with Seahorse DPS.

If you aren't stripping resists or if you just don't have a strong Seahorse, a Monkey is the next best thing.

the seahourse is good but its not doinng any damge to poison resistance mobs

so yur 1 mil dps pet is useless to poison resistance mobs. the monkey is good for dps

huge range splash damge ( good for range heros and mele too !! ) but if you dont have one

use the seahourse. and for the mega Chicken its good but not the best in the game + hard to get

and for the Djinnlet its good for upgrading towers in the first waves and its better the cube becuse the cube

so the best is the seahourse and the monkey

Depends what you are looking for. I love the monkey's range, and the heal is nice to have. Can't really beat a seahorse for raw damage though. Kills ogres in seconds, and pretty much every build runs resist removal anyways.

Haven't gotten the monkey but the other 3 I got, Seahorse tops in DPS. Djinn is great for mana. Chicken just rocks since it does DPS and KB's crowds/ninjas.

yep seahorse is really strong dps

not a problem for me since i remove enemies elemental resist anyway

I've got all 4 pets and I offer the following advice: Each is better for a different situation.

The Seahorse offers best on paper dps, but no knockback and you must have resist strippers.
Djinn is awesome pet to use on the first 2-3 waves of a map for upgrades.
Monkey is a great all round dps pet, although he's not much help if you're in a tight spot. (very linear damage, although it pierces)
The mega-chicken is imo the perfect dps pet for a barbarian who wants to charge headfirst deep into enemy territory. It can save your *** in a tight spot, has huge knockback and splash damage, and in a situation where your monkey or seahorse would have let 20 warriors rape you - this bad-boy will headbutt them to pieces in seconds.

So personally, I use all 4 regularly, depending on the situation and the map. :)

There is no 'best' pet, as each pet has it's situational use. However, having all of the listed pets is a good idea.

I would also recommend that if you are a Huntress, to utilize a Genie instead of a Djinnlet at first.

No Donkey? I just got a trans one with 285 ups and I was blown away that at level 30 for it, it can do 36k damage per shot! My trans serpent was only doing 34k damage per shot at level 86! and I love being right up there attacking so with the weakening poop, I love that in NM I can go toe to toe with 8 ogres and beat them! Now if only it had splash damage :)