Diablo 3 vs. Dungeon Defenders

so wondering how many are acualy gonna go over to diablo 3 when it comes out compared to how many are gonna stay here and play Dungeon defenders.

personaly Im going to Diablo 3. and might look back here when part 4 comes out just to do the boss and
then nothing more.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<-- Unhappy with shards and only supporting the most vocal and exuberant parts of the community

I played diablo 1 and 2. I am a bit pessimistic but I don't think Diablo 3 is going to be better enough to really keep me playing. It will be an okay game, but it's just Diablo with a few new characters and a slight variation on the "Kill Diablo" gameplay.

I played diablo 1 and 2. I am a bit pessimistic but I don't think Diablo 3 is going to be better enough to really keep me playing. It will be an okay game, but it's just Diablo with a few new characters and a slight variation on the "Kill Diablo" gameplay.

supported arena system, PvP death match :) nuff said

so wondering how many are acualy gonna go over to diablo 3 when it comes out compared to how many are gonna stay here and play Dungeon defenders.

personaly Im going to Diablo 3. and might look back here when part 4 comes out just to do the boss and
then nothing more.

These games aren't even remotely similar. I'm also highly against the real money auction house in D3, so I won't be playing it. it's a shame, because I wanted to. But I refuse to support that sort of thing. Even if I did play it, it wouldn't be as a replacement for DunDef, again, because they're different kinds of games.

apples vs oranges?

I will play Diablo 3 but only for a couple of weeks/until the Summoner is released then I will be back on DD.

This - and I'm not a pvper. Honestly, I'm still disillusioned from SCII - and expect the same from D3.

These games aren't even remotely similar. I'm also highly against the real money auction house in D3, so I won't be playing it. it's a shame, because I wanted to. But I refuse to support that sort of thing. Even if I did play it, it wouldn't be as a replacement for DunDef, again, because they're different kinds of games.

Yup I agree with you, but the auction house to me, is only optional, I'm not going to use it and I'm not going to let it stop me from playing and enjoying the game either, I don't think that many people will use it anyways, it's 1 dollars per item that goes to blizzard, so it's not going to be spammed by crap at least. I think majority will just use the in game gold auction house.
The only bad side I see to it is when there is a really good awesome rare item, nobody will put it up on the normal auctions but will want real money for it. But oh well, it won't be like I couldn't get a similar item by playing.
Just like this game, some people say shops ruined the game, I don't, I think a lot of them are great help and actually help with item trading with other players. Without them, I don't think I would have progressed in the game like I've already have. I can solo all maps on NM HC now... but still can't beat the kraken solo :(

I've never liked Diablo, so I definitely won't be playing it.

I'll also be bragging about how my clicking finger remains unbroken to the people who do play Diablo.

Diablo 3 is going to obliterate other games for a bit so a month or two it might be a semi ghost town in dungeon defenders just like it might be in other games until they realize they cant dominate the auction house and come back to dd.

This.
Not to mention D3 is very meh. I found nothing about it impressive or engaging. Tried every beta patch since I got access in Nov. hoping they'd make it less boring...nope.

Why isn't play both an option?

I was gonna do that but allready clicked subbmit post when I notised it only had 2 options :)

This.
Not to mention D3 is very meh. I found nothing about it impressive or engaging. Tried every beta patch since I got access in Nov. hoping they'd make it less boring...nope.

Haha ppl like you are funny :)
you relize the beta is only 1/4 of act 1 out of 4 acts :)? and the first part of act one is the shortest part of the game and took 1 hour !

so ye your post in invalid.

you relize the beta is only 1/4 of act 1 out of 4 acts :)? and the first part of act one is the shortest part of the game and took 1 hour !

Cause you can't really see if you find the gameplay engaging by playing a bit of it; you need to beat the entire game before you can decide if it's fun to play or not.

I shall say ahead of time, I have no desire to play any of the diablo games, not my thing.

People like you are funny. His point is quite valid. While there is certainly more content beyond the beta content he has tried, it has no doubt given him a general feel for the game play. From playing the beta he has not been impressed with the game play and mechanics. This has lead him to decide to not risk investing in the final product.

I believe its clear, you are excited by the game. I am personally quite happy for you, I hope you get many hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of it. That is the point of video games. Obviously there are a number of people (such as my self) who have little to no interest in the game, our opinions are just as valid as yours.

Ill be playing Diablo 3 since i got it with my WoW account for nothing and im completely stuck on progression in DD.. i have to wait till part 4 is released and see how things balance out

Likely Diablo 3. I've completed quite a bit in DD, and I'm to the point where the only way to progress is to do long Survival NM modes. Since only one of my friends is playing DD (and she's not at that NM level and has a computer that cries at big maps), it's mostly me playing solo, which is getting harder and harder to do.

D3, on the other hand, is what at least 5-6 of my friends will be playing. It's also a new game and offers more than grinding (at the outset; of course that game will be chock-full of its own grinding, but not until I've sunk some hours into it!).

Granted, I won't likely give up on DD, just play it less. I'll definitely check out the fourth Shards content and maybe nab the Summoner for fun, but it's really feeling more like a chore than fun for me any more.