[GUIDE] NMHC Shipwreck Ruins Monster Fest

Seen all the great posts out there so thought i would try and give a bit back to the community.
Here is what i use for shipwreck ruins and works perfectly
I average stats and i was able to carry 8 people through this without any problems at all.

Squire (active): 1k/1.6k/1k/1k
Monk: 1k/1k/1k/1k
EV: 1.4k/1.6k/1k/1k

http://ddplanner.com/?l=5481,shipwreck-nmhc-low-ish-stats

First wave:
Place all western harpoons as well as 8/9 eastern harpoons plus anti air. During the wave place the final harpoon

Second wave:
Place everything else :D

Just one note on placement. For the buff beams make sure that the south eastern beam also hits the anti air harpoon as well just for that added dmg. Makes a difference.

Otherwise enjoy and any feed back is welcome :D

Worked nicely for me, cheers, will be using this from now on.

This build holds up really well! I was playing solo, and did die on the last wave, but it was due entirely to my own stupidity. I could see that the build held up, 'twas just me that didn't ;)

*edits* Should add, that was the first time I had even stepped foot in that map too (well, second, first time I ran out of time before I grabbed all teh chests =P) - so it really works very well!

Tried this on my new tower squire 700/1100/700/700 and easily managed insane nightcore with this build. So much easier than my last one. Only had one thing go down while afking each round and it was a misplaced harpoon. Had to edit it around abit since I do not have a good tower SEV yet... but some cannonballs ontop of the ship rib cage at the northern part does wonders.

Was able to beat this easily 2nd time through with a 2.2k squire and 1-1.5k everything else (nmhc). Very nice way to make a lot of money fast, especially compared to survival. If you're low HP or resists I recommend creating a safe zone with reflection walls. Those poison balls hit hard.

Great build, easy to make, easy to upgrade, easy to manage/repair. Obviously, DU could be spared by having only 1 buff beam on each side, carefully placing it, but with time limit, I didn't bother. This kind of damage output let you don't worry at all about ogres. For me, they just die without getting any close to the harpoons (2k3dmg). I advise you use a boost monk, since this let you not have any repairs to do. Next time i'll try, I will make 1 less harpoon to put some reflects in front of them, just to see.

Thanks man!

Pretty much what I do as well, I usually (without too much effort) fit 9 harpoons on a 6DU buff beam. I suggest you do the same and throw up some walls to hold the ogres back.

Should be able to use the extra DU for lightning auras as well, that'll keep the mobs out... roughly what I do

http://ddplanner.com/?l=6080,m1ke-shipwreck

(Edit: 1800/1800 attack rate / damage on the poons, 1500 or so dmg on the auras, traps about 1300 and this cruises through without any issues)

Seen all the great posts out there so thought i would try and give a bit back to the community.
Here is what i use for shipwreck ruins and works perfectly
I average stats and i was able to carry 8 people through this without any problems at all.

Squire (active): 1k/1.6k/1k/1k
Monk: 1k/1k/1k/1k
EV: 1.4k/1.6k/1k/1k

http://ddplanner.com/?l=5481,shipwreck-nmhc-low-ish-stats

First wave:
Place all western harpoons as well as 8/9 eastern harpoons plus anti air. During the wave place the final harpoon

Second wave:
Place everything else :D

Just one note on placement. For the buff beams make sure that the south eastern beam also hits the anti air harpoon as well just for that added dmg. Makes a difference.

Otherwise enjoy and any feed back is welcome :D

Needs moar harpoons D:

Nice simple build :-)

I've run this maybe 15 times over the last 2 days farming mana to upgrade my pet and sword. I modified it a little to reduce the number of harpoons, using more auras with the spare DUs.

I place auras first, then all the harpoons up to and during the first phase, then being in my EV to add buffs and reflective shields.

Using a monk with a genie I upgraded everything and levelled another countess to 71 during a few of the runs.

Thanks for sharing the build :-)

Great build. ran it a couple of times without issue.

loot wise i didnt really find anything spectacular, better stuff from NM HC misty (not even MM). really good map for mana.

Fun fact: If you run this with 1 player and 3 emulated characters, you'll end up maxing out at 600m in one run. You do have to loot though, otherwise the item cap will lose you a lot of mana. I modified the build a bit, I'll edit this post and link it after I plot it out in the planner.

EDIT: I'm bad with DDplanner, but here it is: http://ddplanner.com/?l=7041,shipwreck-nmhc-low-ish-stats-milesobscura-edit

Yes, you do have to buff the 6 harpoons on the left side and the 8 harpoons on the right using only 1 beam each. It takes a while to learn, but you can do it. The anti-air harpoon doesn't get buffed, so you'll have to have a good squire. The safe zone is behind the reflect beam; you should be able to park any emulated afk alts there and the healing aura will take care of whatever minimal damage they take.