Level/map progression list??

I have just returned to this game after a rather long hiatus and much has changed (which is a good thing!). However, with all the new content I am finding it hard to find the "right" content that is both challenging and rewarding at the same time.

Is there some kind of stickied post somewhere that goes over in detail a progression of maps/challenges? It just seems like this kind of thing would be readily available on the forums somewhere so maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Thanks in advance

Nobody makes that because it'd be outdated and useless within 2 weeks. If you tell us your stats we could suggest something.

Lame. Ok well here are my stats:

lvl 72 Dps huntress - 169 hero dmg, 66% phys. resist
lvl 71 aura monk - 207, 230, 223, 209
lvl 70 tower squire - 182, 72, 79, 102
lvl 71 tower app. - 143, 173, 169, 175

I've been running insane glitter but while the mana is good, the items are rarely ever exciting. I've completed insane survival alch labs thru wave 25 and it was OK. Tried mixed mode and only made it to about wave 13. Also tried UMF and I just cant kill the damn ogres. Would love some advice on what to try next.

Pretty much you have to break into NM to get significantly further.

Couple of things to note:
-Finish levelling your squire to 74. Beating any NM map with godly gear is a mission and then some (doing a few waves isnt a problem, entire levels are). You need to be able to use mythical gear that drops.
-Start on tier 3 maps or misty. Beat the first wave, open the chests, collect myths. Get a basic set together and then aim to start finishing levels (spires is where most start, there are plenty of builds in the guide section).
You start on higher maps to increase the loot quality. Deeper Wells has a very low myth drop rate, while you are almost guarenteed a myth or two from ES W2 chests
-Everytime you finish a NM level, check your tav shop for pets. Specifically app/hunt guards with 40 boost and 40+ upgrades (more than 40 boost does nothing, upgrades let you get +5 defenses boosted if you upgrade it everytime it comes up)
-If you dont already have one, aquire a genie. You really need these starting out. One from Hall of court on medium will give enough to get by, but hard or insane will obviously be better (or a mythical one from the tav)
-Always have your main builder out (norm. squire). Hero damage is nerfed to ~1/6th in NM, and you want to take advantage of the 33% damage boost for active characters.
- Collect lots of mythical armour drops. When you have 6+ pages, sort through to find your best tower set to give to your main builder.
My personal preference is to always have each Tower/DPS character in a different type (leather/chain/pristine etc.) so that I dont have to choose which char to give that piece to (means all my builders/DPS's are reasonably even in stats). eg. If Tower leather drops, my squire is the only one I compare it against. If I had my mage in leather as well, which one do I give it to if its an yupgrade for both? If DPS leather drops, it gets checked against the EV etc.

Give your monk's gear to squire and try to beat Misty's first waves nm hc.

He is going to get destroyed in NM Misty with those stats. I agree with swapping Monk gear to Squire. A popular place to break into Nightmare was Endless Spires (use hardcore for better loot), and looting the chests after the first combat phase. It worked for me, although I didn't have Djinn and Sharken when I tried it so I'm not sure what it's like now. Still, if you can manage to get a strategy exclusively for beating the first wave, and perhaps enough of the second combat to loot the ground, you will eventually piece together Mythical starting gear.

The above post is also solid advice.

Ok ii agree with everybody saying swap monk gear to your squire but I don't think you should be trying nightmare just yet as none of your people are even lvl 74 yet ,........so I recommend joining a glitter lvling game on insane survival you will probably get a bit better stuff there. (getting your squire to 300 ish in building stats and then I would go on to endless spires and do the first wave on nm hc after that I worked on the deeper well trying to get a Lil more each time

He is going to get destroyed in NM Misty with those stats. I agree with swapping Monk gear to Squire. A popular place to break into Nightmare was Endless Spires (use hardcore for better loot), and looting the chests after the first combat phase. It worked for me, although I didn't have Djinn and Sharken when I tried it so I'm not sure what it's like now. Still, if you can manage to get a strategy exclusively for beating the first wave, and perhaps enough of the second combat to loot the ground, you will eventually piece together Mythical starting gear.

The above post is also solid advice.

no he's not, just beat wave one, grab all the chests, rinse and repeat

Screw mix mode. It adds 5% to loot quality. You're better off trying ramparts/glitter/misty insane hardcore survival.
You'll see better myths there, which should get you to 5-600s.
Then try some challenges (check the dungeon defenders wiki to find appropriate drops, but ogre crush might gear out your monk, for starters).
Then start ploughing through the NM campaign.

Thanks for the input everyone. I tried several of your ideas. Here are my results:

First off I probably should have mentioned that the monk stats were including a pretty good giraffe, so that might be a bit misleading. And I totally forgot about the buffed dmg to active heroes' towers so thanks for that.

I tried NM Endless first wave. Switching gear to squire and building with a setup I found on here. Everything went just fine except for the last two enemies (sharken and ogre). I think my dps is just waaaay too low.

Worked on getting a genie after that. Was doing Hall of Court on insane. Only made it to about wave 11. I think I would have been better off with my monk stats and huntress during the waves so I may try that again today.

Thanks again and if you have more suggestions, I'm all ears!

Try a dps pet if sharken are a problem. Just manually kill him or at least interrupt his charge. Shouldn't even be too hard to find a decent one. Pets get a damage buff on nightmare mode, keep that in mind.

Oh and if you intend to solo a lot, consider getting a series EV. Her buff beams are amazing, especially for solo players. You get four only slightly watered down guardian effects on each affected tower.

Edit: If you have trouble with spires, go try out ramparts. Only time you run into ogres there is on the last two waves. It's quite a small map as well.

I tried NM Endless first wave. Switching gear to squire and building with a setup I found on here. Everything went just fine except for the last two enemies (sharken and ogre). I think my dps is just waaaay too low.
Try the following (mind the markers!):
http://ddplanner.com/?l=5581,misty-huntress-nm-w1

You don't even need the mana from W1-only chests (more chances to get myth gear after W1, yay!).

This build really helped me to progress. It's fairly easy, no need to be too precise (just try to block the roads with traps) and perfectly manageable with a non-specialized huntress wearing gear from W15-20 Insane Labs (maybe you have to rearrange the skill points, but that's completely worth it). Just try to focus the Djinns (and maybe Sharkens, if they break through) and avoid the spiders. Switch to any preferred class in build phase 2 to get weapons for other heroes.