Tower buff beams don't stack in effect any more. While after release I used to build 'stars' with a tower in the center and parallel lines (to check out for the effect) and the effect stacked, today I tried to build 2 beams to buff a line of towers. First buff was applied, second wasn't. I tried to cross two beams, same result.

I don't know if this is intended (haven't seen a patch note like this, but maybe I missed it out). But I don't think so because buff says it is buffing towers.

buff beams never stacked in effect. they only ever provided 1 set of benefits to any tower buffed by them. if they did, that was a bug, and got fixed like it should have.

[c3;465318']buff beams never stacked in effect. they only ever provided 1 set of benefits to any tower buffed by them. if they did, that was a bug, and got fixed like it should have.
Didn't make screenshots / videos back the time SEV was released - but they definitely did stack. Tried it out with half a dozen settings, they stacked every time.

If the actual behaviour is intended, their Buff-Counter is bugged. If not, the beams are.

They never were intended to stack. If they happened to stack back during EV's release, then it was for an extremely short while. Its never stacked everytime I've used them. It's always chosen the highest value for each of the 4 stats. If theres an app guard with a buff beam then the app guard can overwright the damage portion of the buff beam (while the buff beam continues to buff the other 3 stats.

But it's never stacked for as long as the EV's been out (unless day 1 it stacked but certainly not on day 2 of EV's release.)

eey Dragon,

You do understand that he's talking about using 2 buff beams to get double the boost and not having a guardian stack with the buff beam?

But If 2 buff beams ever stacked on effect this was indeed a bug and was probably never mentioned because:
A. they didn't want people to know that this was possible (in the upcoming patch noes).
B. It never got talked about in the forum so it looks as if nobody knew and was going to get a silent fix or just because afterwards when the patch did get released they forgot to make a note of it.

Yours truly,

Domistroy

I would love to see them stack once just for the hell of it. My buff beams give roughly 3.5x DPS I believe. Imagine a few harpoons with 10 or so 3.5x multipliers. Especially if they stacked multiplicatively giving you 3.5^10 = 275855x DPS...

The beams will count defenses it can buff, even if it isn't actively buffing them.

E.G. Auras on a trip-star buff beam come into contact with a chevron buff beam, the chevron buff beam will add the auras into its "buffed towers" count, even though it isn't actually buffing them. You'll also lose the both buff beams if the aura gets destroyed during the combat phase.

It doesn't actually stack effects. Thats something you can check yourself anyway by looking at the damage dealt.

The Monk tower buff does stack with buff beams/towers. I think it's the only stacking that I've seen. My harps with buff beam does over 90 thousand dmg at 3 stars for both and with the monk tower buff, it put them over 160 thousand per shot!

I can definitely confirm that they have never stacked, at least not (very) soon after EV's release. I had tested this personally in the tavern as one of the first things I experimented with, hoping that it would stack, but was left disappointed.

I can definitely confirm that they have never stacked, at least not (very) soon after EV's release. I had tested this personally in the tavern as one of the first things I experimented with, hoping that it would stack, but was left disappointed.
Same thing here (even though I tested it on maps), but exactly the other way round. I tried on Throne Room and Summit and MM as well as Lightning got a boost stack. Maybe there was a bug and they sometimes did stack, sometimes didn't (maybe not in tavern?).

The beams will count defenses it can buff, even if it isn't actively buffing them.
That's really confusing. I didn't check for a while (yesterday it was a coincidence I did), because I was sure they'd stack with each other. So I only checked the number of buffed towers since then. Now I know, but the counter is just wrong (no buff is no buff is no buff). I think it should only count the defenses it is boosting, not everyone within their reach. That's just a wrong information.

Perhaps did the second buffbeam buff the first so it boosted the tower almost twice as much?