[QUOTE]Been trying to reduce the number of meshes used for the sake of performance for those with lesser hardware. [/QUOTE]Clones of the exact same mesh only need 1 instance in memory (meaning it doesn't matter how many of them you have)- so this isn't usually a major issue. Those trims are very low poly, so you should be good :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking awesome Nexus! Did you have some question that needed answering?

Cheers,
Jeremy

I was posting on the official UDK about importing a custom animated mesh (my catapult), putting an activator on it so the animation works when used. IN addition to that, putting the player ON the basket and then subsequently firing them a desired distance.

Looking at things and not finding many tutorials, it looks like there is some code work to be involved, from what I can tell anyway. :orc:

I'd recommend using a trigger volume to activate the catapult (technically we have activatable tooltip meshes, but they're complex to use), and when triggered you should Teleport the player to the catapult position then use the Add Velocity Action to fling them. Hope that helps.

-Jer

The Field definitely looks much better now.

Allllllmost ready for monster spawns.

And I present the final building for Kings Valley...

Time to get to work on monster spawns!

I already know what map I want to win.

Haha! Thanks. I hope it doesn't disappoint!

The Arcane Library :

Oh and on the off chance someone with engine knowledge could help me fix/figure out why this:

is occurring I would be very appreciative. Something to do with render distance or?

Looks like a particle effect is turning the colors negative -- probably something to do with the cloud particle material. Don't worry, we'll fix that when we get your source assets :)

-Jer

Hey Nexus, I'll gladly play test it and check for bugs if you need someone. Kinda eager to just walk around on this map lol.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind when it comes time for testing! I have some work to do before it will be open as a beta, probably by the end of next week at the latest. In the meantime...

My custom mini map. I decided to stay in keeping with the nature of the map, so included the a non-standard map to come with it! Enjoy!

Hey Nexus, the Minimap Actor has an IconScale which you can use to make the icons smaller so they don't occupy so much space on the gigantic map. You can also increase the overall MinimapScale a bit to make it overall larger on screen, if you like.

Great job,
Jer

Thanks Jeremy! I will keep it in mind, definitely going to be tweaking it I suspect after it opens up for testing!

this map is going to be really huge as I can see!
agreed with SnakeChips, map transparent could work a little better :), keep coming the good work.

I was playing with the transparency for the map before I made that particular screenshot. It simply does not work with the detail level of the mini map texture. When testing starts up I'll make it more transparent if its really needed.

Looking better with each image! Ahhhhhhh!
I really like how there is a faint blue image that indicates where each portal leads to. It looks cool.

Heh thanks! Okay teaser for you all while I get spawns in the next day or two.

http://youtu.be/9mLg7UKVU20

First, I don't know if it's your video or my screen, but the map seems kinda dark. I liked it when it was a bit lighter out because you can see everything and the colors and appreciate what you have made. Just my opinion.

Second, You make me want to play it even more every time I see a new pic. But now a video...

The map looks awesome, but I'm even more interested in what song you used in the video :P Who's that playing?