Would you like a "Team Mode" option that improves loot drops?

"Team Mode" would be a checkbox in the tavern map selection. I imagine that this has already been requested before, but I figure there's no harm in bringing it up again.

What it would do is the following:

1) lock you out of switching characters during the match and not allow multiple characters from the same computer (though I don't know how hard the second part would be to program, and probably even just the first part would be okay).

2) prevent anyone from joining mid game

3) if someone leaves (or is kicked), their towers goes with them

4) give better loot

#1 is so to keep you from soloing it, obviously.

#2 and #3 are to keep someone from building with a monk, then rejoining as an EV, then rejoining as huntress, etc. And #3 is important I feel because it would keep the host from kicking players after they build (though even just getting #1 and #2 would be fantastic).

and #4 is of course the whole incentive for it

This mode would also give better quality loot drops. So those who want to have the very best stuff have to use legitimate team work (or have multiple Steam accounts w/ Dungeon Defenders).

That sounds sweet. I would totally get out of my solo man bunker for that. As of now i prefer not to risk trolls in my games.

Could the people who don't want these also say why and maybe suggest some improvement to the idea?

Loot is way too good as it is now. We don't need any better. Mode alone sounds cool, but we would need to drop #4 and make something else as a reward, maybe some kind of 'team friendly' points other can see or something else completely new, but no better loot.

more people means more enemies.. which means more items with potential high quality drops.. aka more chances to roll that loot dice.
ALSO more players also raises the max items on the ground at a time cap.. again increasing your chances for a wider variety of items and as fail as the.. green dot.. system is.. better chance of the item thats better for you likly STAYING on the ground till rounds end.

and as preventing multi users from local computers would certainly prevent the solo alting farm exploit that so many would LOVE to do.. especially on consoles... the problem with this is it would literally exclude those that use this feature for LEGITIMATE reasons.. as in to actually play the game with a brother .. sister.. or friend. and thats just not fair to them.

Maybe rather than further improving the maximum loot quality, extra challenges (like a mode where you can't swap characters, like this, or other potential future modes) could alternatively improve the loot quality within that bracket.

Basically, the exact same type of loot drops (same maximum and minimum levels and stats) but there's a somewhat higher likelihood of better quality versions within the range that normally drops (balanced as appropriate).

This way it wouldn't offer a way to get better loot on an easier level by using this system or anything, but it would offer a way to reduce the number of times you'd need to run any given level before you've gotten the upgrades you were looking for in it that allow you to advance to other content.

The idea sounds great, but this would be a big problem

3) if someone leaves (or is kicked), their towers goes with them

one steam/trendynet dc midwave and you will probably loose.

Maybe their towers vanish at the end of the wave? Basically, if a player isn't there during their build phase, their towers vanish during the build phase. Then you could leave character swapping in (in case you start a game, then suddenly change your mind who to play as) because the vanishing towers would prevent using character swapping to build multi-character defenses solo anyway.

Yeah, #3 might be a bit excessive. Preventing people from joining mid game should be enough. #3 was solely intended to stop hosts from kicking other players after they build, but I guess people that do that would probably only be a small amount anyways.

No, everyone should be able to get the same quality items even if they chose to play solo.

Making stuff inaccessible to people who don't play in teams just promotes hacking...

Interesting idea, but no. Even though this IS a multiplayer game. A lot of people like to solo and FORCING them to do this to get better gear is not right.

Making stuff inaccessible to people who don't play in teams just promotes hacking...

I'd say it promotes teaming, myself.

If you were to say make it so that it provides better quality gear (as in not so many negatives/poor upgrade quality, etc) then I'd be perfectly fine with this. The people that go that extra mile should indeed be rewarded for it.

I normally want to do maps of nm into their highest levels. With that mode and how I understand it, you can not build with every one of your characters and you can not play on a dps, if you want to build. Considering I have every builder set and I use them all, I just could not do without this. I also use my monk as a dps and it would be a huge waste because I could not use all of my characters; the characters I spent hours and hours of legit hard farming to obtain.

I solo things because most people here can not do the maps to their final survival levels. They are just not able to take down 60m ogres with 1.5k stats and can not handle a 15m hp djinn taking a trap. If I was forced to play with people like this, we would not obtain the levels that I want to get to and I would be just be annoyed by seeing people dropping down every wave because they don't have the stats or the experience.

Edit:

Towards splitscreening... That's how I now increase my mob count for more drops; by throwing my builder in there with me. I would much rather have a person knowing what they are doing or two people maybe, besides 3 extra people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Hence the reason why I don't do jungle or Moraggo and I do Aquanos.

Oh and, wouldn't you think solo mode should give better rewards? I mean, it is harder really to defend all the crystals all by yourself and if you can do it, you would think that you should get better rewards because of so, and because of the fact that you get less mobs to actually get drops from.

I'd say it promotes teaming, myself.

If you were to say make it so that it provides better quality gear (as in not so many negatives/poor upgrade quality, etc) then I'd be perfectly fine with this. The people that go that extra mile should indeed be rewarded for it.

as long as the servers aren't even capable of letting players cross regions, there are nowhere near enough players in this game for this to happen.. people want to progress and hence most people do not want people on their team weaker than themselves.. so this would only serve to lock out a lot of people from parts of the game as they would be unable to find a team to get into..

now if you agree that we remove the ability to kick people in the game.. then I'd reconsider...but not in any other way...