Anyone ever use these in survival nightmare?

Monk guardian?
Slice and Dice?

I tried using slice in dice in various ways and came to the conclusion that it's totally outclassed by the bouncer in every conceivable fashion.

I can't remember the last time I used a monk guardian. Maybe it should increase projectile speed in addition to range?

Monk guardian is useful in select circumstances for temp boosting auras/traps to be caught in a buff beam, after which the buff beam boost holds them there. Atleast, that's all I use it for.

I have seen people post some builds for smaller maps (Magus, Alch) that use monk guardians to extend one set of auras over much of the map, though.

Agreed that Slice 'N Dice is unusable atm. Haven't used it since early on in the game pre-'superloot'.

I used to use SnDs for, say Spires. Excellent distraction for the North Ogres. But now they're rather pointless with the Sharken around and the need to gas things up.

And what kurath said is correct. Monk guards are used for temp boosting Auras/traps into Buff Beams, and in select situations when you need defenses, such as Lightning Towers, to cover a huge area. I recall a Hall of Court build that used a ton of Lit towers with a monk guard to reach mobs.