Electric Auras vs. Inferno Traps

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I've updated the OP with everyone's contributions.

For what its worth, Electric Aura does end up surpassing Inferno Traps quite handily at higher stats. Note that the stats aren't going to match because I'm taking a break mid-survival and don't want to play with gear.

At my stats: Dmg/Spd
Trapper: 3149/1476
Monk: 2564/1317
EV: 3033/2027

Aura: 11481/.11, 104372 DPS, 20874 DPS/DU
Inferno: 11278/.14, 80557 DPS, 20139 DPS/DU

Now of course you have to factor in the innaccuracy of attack speed and rounding, but even then, the aura still is on par with, if not outstrips the trap damage with notably inferior stats. I would suspect that an aspect of it is the high AS buff on the EV beams. Auras get full benefit from hunt guardians/buff beam speed, whereas Inferno Traps get none. Dropping 1k AS on the EV reduces the modifier by .05 (1.75 to 1.7), which is roughly a 3% increase in DPS that only the auras get. Minor, sure, but it adds up.

Of course, proxy trap is where its at, so no sense sacrificing stats on the trapper, if that becomes a consideration.

it makes sense for electric aura to scale more in damage over inferno at higher stats though as ive seen 1700 tower atk aura vs 1800 something tower atk trap for inferno . the electric aura was doing 2k damage more then inferno
electric aura is a 5 du defense where inferno only 4 du cant expect them to have same damage when inferno uses less du

i have also noticed that inferno atk speed seems to not scale well like electric aura when it boosted