[Request] Let towers prioritize Sharken before the charge

Currently, the only moderately effective way to deal with Sharken is gas traps paired with str drain auras or darkness traps, as far as I know. If anyone else has any good ideas, please share as I'd love to know. In the meantime, there should be alternative ways to deal with them, not just the one.

At present, towers only prioritize Sharken during their charge, which means your towers get to shoot at them for half a second (sometimes less) before they come in and rearrange your stuff like a bad ****** in law. I propose to let towers prioritize Sharken while they're winding up, which would give us a CHANCE to use well-placed and heavy-damaging towers to stop the Sharken, instead of being forced to rely on gas traps.

While I'm making wishes, it would be even better for towers to always prioritize Sharken (or at least increase their aggro multiplier so towers will shoot them at moderate range instead of closer ogres, but not try to shoot them from across the map). Or, even better, give us the ability to set our own tower priorities, although I know that's a lot of work. I would settle for priority during wind-up.

definitely if ogre in front can be clipped with poon still while hitting sharken... but yea ...manual targeting commands ...please or at least this

Eh? I thought they already prioritized targeting them before they started charging, the last patch or the one before that was going to change it so they only prioritized them when they were charging but people complained and they took that out of the patch notes. That being said, they should always target Sharken first, then desummoning Djinn

from 7.30c
[QUOTE]
* Charging Sharken now have constant Charge Speed which doesn't increase with difficulty (and Charging Movement-Speed itself decreased by 40%), and Towers are now more prioritized to Targeting Charging Sharken over other enemies (as they do with Desummoning Djinn). Sharken also now have a more obvious visual and sound effect when beginning to wind-up a Charge.[/QUOTE]

Then again something could have changed in the most recent patch and is screwing it up.

Eh? I thought they already prioritized targeting them before they started charging, the last patch or the one before that was going to change it so they only prioritized them when they were charging but people complained and they took that out of the patch notes. That being said, they should always target Sharken first, then desummoning Djinn

from 7.30c

Then again something could have changed in the most recent patch and is screwing it up.

The distance of the Sharken also determines how much the Towers prioritize it, and it seems that Ogres might have more priority when closer.

It's only changed recently but iv noticed it :S makin it really hard to progress, not alot you can do about it, jut gotta hope sharks don't start charging while you have ogres

Toprem, I think the note you quoted makes my point. "Towers are now more prioritized to Targeting Charging Sharken", but it does not say winding-up Sharken.

the way i deal with sharkens depends on the map shards maps have a gas and a proxie infrount of walls maps like magnus quaters a gas trap infrount of each wall works fine

the way i deal with sharkens depends on the map shards maps have a gas and a proxie infrount of walls maps like magnus quaters a gas trap infrount of each wall works fine

My point exactly, all of your strategies are gas traps. It's all really the same thing.

I would also support prioritizing shakens to be shot from distant, before they charge and then towers fail to kill them. Another problem with them is, that they seem one shot kill you with charge if you happen to stand in a way. I had about 250k health and 90% resistance on NM HC Aquanos survival. So it seems that we can't even DPS them too safely...