Like an Item? Make it again!

Ever play a game with a very open statted system and is available for ridiculous upgrades? Yeah, kinda like this one. I've played a few that have had an option that, though difficult to make it all the way through the levels, there was the chance to bounce back to the beginning and build up with an improved baseline of stats based on what was gained the first time through. Yes, I'm talking about systems from the various turn based strategy games from NIS and so forth, but it wasn't a new concept even then.

The strategy I had thought through was to add an additional service to the tavern keeper which would let you unlock a toggle on items where you would be able to select an item then reset it to the beginning with a percentage based upon the quality of the item. The cost would probably be exhoribitant, as one would expect from anything that could be so considerably broken. Well, to some, anyhow, as the proposed point of sale would be 25 million mana.

As it stands, it would look a little something like this.

Spend to full upgrade > Pay 25 million mana > Select item with the newly lit tab, thus "respec-ing" the weapon back to the new base value (New base value somewhere between 2 - 5% per quality level improved from the original values ) > Ready to upgrade from initial cost.

I like the idea of respeccing items due to potential accidental upgrades, but not with an increased stat level, it would dumb down progression and make the game "end" much quicker.

I like the idea of respeccing items due to potential accidental upgrades, but not with an increased stat level, it would dumb down progression and make the game "end" much quicker.

simple and easy, resume what I think of that idea

Just have it so you can reset weapon/armor upgrades, thats all it needs, people accidently put points in things often, than have a hard time finding a weapon just as great from farming the same map.

Make a option like reforging in wow , for 300m mana you can convert 1 stat into another ( and i really mean 1 stat like from 220 hero hp to 219 -- and hero damage 300 to 301 ) =)

also what pisss me off is the 10 based system , lets say every 10 levels you can get something special like more projectiles or dmg speed or extra resistance above 30% , so lets say on pro mode i spam 20 upgrades on hero damage , means i loose 2 special upgrades so what would be uber is a gear on level 100 lets you invest 10 points in that peculiar stats ( ofc not going over max count ) so a level 60 guardian would be able to have 5 in defences to boost instead of having to give +1 every 10 levels