[GUIDE] City of Cliffs Surv full clear

Here is my build i am adding to my trans surv cheevo guide for cliffs.

DDPlanner
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6414,maka-surv-cliffs-update

East xtal poon placement
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060540022/screenshot/542927164221559988?tab=public

East xtal wall placement
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060540022/screenshot/542926462758984020?tab=public

East xtal aura placement
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060540022/screenshot/542927164221558145?tab=public

South xtal
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060540022/screenshot/542927164221564146?tab=public

South spawn
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060540022/screenshot/542927164221561556?tab=public

West xtal
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060540022/screenshot/542927164221572495?tab=public

Building:

When building this do not upgrade the gas trap or the wall on the stairs in the west. Also do not upgrade the gas trap on the south spawn. Djinn will ignore them and get stuck in the gas. Silly djinn.

In the east, the walls need to be place far enuf back to not get sharked while being far enuf from xtal to avoid ogre bashes. The poons on the cliff, the two outside poons should just touch the bottom of the south wall while completely covering all wyvens and north lane. The inner poons should still touch the north lane while being able to help on trash in south lane.

The aruas and traps in the east. The aura need to be place back enuf to just hit wyrvs but also extend to the edge of the gas traps effect radius. For the gas traps leave them un boosted and just far enuf out to stun sharks.

The south aura should touch the south spawn this take alot of pressure off the west, make sure when u place the gas trap in the south spawn u are soaking all ur trash mobs in the south aura.

In the west, the wall on the stairs needs to be a 3 du wall diagonal, it stops the ogres from glitching over onto ur xtal.

Tips:

The east walls need to be kept fairly clear or u risk ogres glitching over the walls or walking on unbuildable surfaces. Try a high dps pet to help clear.

Also in the east there is a small risk of ogres walking up the narrow pathway leading to ur poons on the cliffs, not a huge deal if u keep an eye out they are fairly easy to intercept. But if they get ur poons its probally game over.

The south is very strong. Keep an eye on spiders in later waves, but they are not much of an issue.

The west is probally the most solid, just try to keep the djinn clusters on the stairs to a min. Or if u see more than one ogres wander over to the stairs.

Notes:

Ran this 6 man and there were almost no problems, the group make up was 3 monks 2 barbs and me. The barb dps was medium and low (one had never even been on a surv before :D). The 3 monks stayed east and cycled boosts. Not sure it was super important until the later waves. They helped stop the ogres glitching over the walls in the east which was about our biggest issue. There were no shark'd walls after we got all setup and only one defense got eaten by a djinn (mainly due to poor placement).

U only need to get to wave 25 to get the acheivement and this was super solid till 25, after 25 it works well but takes good team work. U will have to be on ur toes abit.

Gl and enjoy ^.^
~Maka

Big ty to nibbi, he put up with me this morning when i was super hung over trying to solve the small issues.

Tried it...don't like it at all. Your east build is extremely weak and what have you gained from it over kandar's build? More harpoons in places that don't need 'em to perform well.

TY for trying it and letting me know what u think.

Im not sure what u mean by what have I gained over kandars build, I was making a list of builds I used to complete the trans surv acheivement. I have only tried kandar's cliffs build once and that was pre 7.3.

The reason there are two poons in the west is that in later wave 20+ the djinn get more aggressive. If an aura gets eaten your crystal will get raped by wyrvens.

As for the east, I tried to make it clear in my instructions that u need a boost monk to man it.

The point of most my builds are ease of use, the south and west are rock solid which leaves me free to concentrate on the east. If u are having problems with the strength of the east u can take a harpoon from the west and add a proxie to the south and east. But u will need to keep a much closer eye on the west.

Anyhow ty for the feed back. :D

I use a boost monk exclusively. Boost monk won't do much for those east harpoons. 2 harpoons on that cliff is not a good idea, imo. You get very little pierce due to the angle, which drastically drops harpoon dps, and they will focus the mobs coming from south before the ones from north, also a negative. I don't think boosting will really compensate for these negatives. Even with more dps heavy east builds, I tend to have to be there anyways. This puts more of the damage burden on me, which I don't care for.

If anything gets eaten by a djinn in duo play, your partner needs to pay more attention. I say this because you recommended duo play in your OP. The solution, imo, is not too bad for solo play. Though I would hate to do aura maintenance on those south spawn-camping auras XD

I will say that I do like the unup'd wall and gas trick at west. Have added that idea into my own test build.

I apologize if I come across as overly negative. I tend to be overly opinionated and very blunt stating my opinions...not always a pleasant combination.

no no no no. its important people submit builds no matter what. I make good layouts to inform players thus my posts tend to serve as their own chat forum for specific zone. Educating players is the only way we'll see more good builders. There are so many bad bad builders out there that just don't know any better because there is nothing to teach you how to play this game properly. there is no Advanced tutorial.

For part 4 of the expansion, i don't plan to publish a build here. at least, not right away. I hope to see quite a few others submit their builds with some creative stuff. I will submit my build a bit after release, after others have submitted builds.

The harpon placement in the east is not bad, there is little traffic to the south of the east crystal. being so the angle of the poons is very nice for shooting directly up that north lane in the east. It helps to clear up pile ups that happen there. If mobs pile up to much there they will take the back route to the west crystal which is a mess if it happens.

Again I posted this build as it worked for me in getting my acheivement. It functioned well to finish wave 30. It did take two tries, on first try i had 6 orges just kinda walk over my wall in the east on wave 26. It kinda looked like a european soccer game stadium colapse. They just spilled over.

@kandar it kinda sounds like ur are calling me an idoit, i am slow with these things but either way its nice to have hear ur opion. ^.^

if i was calling you an idiot i would use the word idiot. But i'm not.

We need more builds from more people which will yield more ideas then a single build.

Sorry i misinturperted, i am not very good at understaning ppl implied meanings. I am really just trying to add ideas to these forums. I have used to many since i started I was trying to give back abit.

I know you don't like to post your stats, Maka, but can you give me a bit of a guide?
As I mentioned, I'm struggling with Kandar's build (west fails) - it'd be good to know what you need to clear this.
I'm around the low 2000s for all my tower builders (2800 EV health), and wondering if it's just a numbers issue.
If it is, I can just go grind for upgrades somewhere.

your numbers seem perfectly fine. i'd say its just a matter of getting the harps angled right and everything placed correctly.
i know i have only around 1.5k on my sq/ev and 1k on trap/monk and ive been going through normal campaign without a problem. its just an issue of getting everything setup correctly. i havent tried cliffs yet, but i will be sure to try it later on after rest is finished for me

The important stats u need for this build is good tower health on monk or u will be in the south repairing to much. U will need good range also to cover the whole east in ur aura. My monk stats for this build were 22xx/17xx/27xx/13xx.

U also need good squire tower dps or ur walls will just take alot of dmg late. I think my squire stats for this were 6xx/32xx/4xx/29xx. edit (sounds obvious now that im reading it back but its ture)

The reason i dont post my stats alot is becuase i swap gear out for different builds. Depending on what i think i need for a certain builds. For instance my monk tower dmg ranges from 1.4k to 2.8k depending on what i think i need for what im doing.

As I said the west and south are super solid by design. If u have a good bost monk with a djinn u will be able to hit wave 20 fairly easy with this build if u have 2k tower stats on ur toons. There is not alot of dmg done to ur walls untill wave 25+ and only the north side of the east crystal really takes a beating.

One thing i was going to play with is making the north wall on the east 4 du and the south wall in the east 3 du to give that north wall a bit extra hps. I dont know if it will fit in that brush crap, i will have to test it out.

Also if ur west is not really taking dmg I would take out a poon and put a proxie south on top of gas and a proxie east on top of buff beam so that is is hitting a good chunk of each wall. The ogre pile ups there get really bad late.

@lolaf ty for updating numbers needed. I appreciate it.

U were replying at the same time i was.

One more note, on my monk i have 1200ish tower boost and about 1.1k hero boost. I cycle the two out. When the tower boost start to ramp up and gets to expensive I throw on the hero boost and let my djinn rip **** up for a min. Im not 100% positive but i think that fat little guy peirces. If u stand dirctely on the crystal u can be in range to boost poons while also having ur djinn leech mana to keep up ur current boost.

Anyhow gl and lemme know how it goes.

Hi Maka, I tried your build with some minor differencies (one fire ball/harpoon per lane instead of 2 harpoons, and one more trap at south ) . I stop wave 20 cause I have no more time... but it's work just great! I love your build especially at East.
I'll try to reach final wave but I'm far for your stats, even I'm not bad at all. So thx for sharing your build.
PS : It's not the right place but I seen him on this post so... thx to you too Kanda, I usually look at your build to make mines then. ( I hope I'm understandable, english is not my best skill :D)

Very nice, gratz.

I acutally started with poon/fb combo in south and east, but they guy i was with was complaining it took to much dmg. I bet that trap u added helped alot in the south.

Is the east ok with just a poon/fb combo?

Was invited to a game with someone using this build, I noticed that there are a few things that are being miss-placed and I dont think my screenies were accurate. The poons in the east, the left range of the poon should just touch the south wall in east, other wise they get very distracted. Also the gas traps in the east need to be pulled in under the auras. Make sure u are going off of effect radius and not just trigger radius.

I will take some better screenies tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion.

Steady build except ogres glitching over blockade at NW wall, happend three times...

This is an interesting build. I will take a try at this when I get home form work today. I enjoy reading people's builds. It gives people ideas in how to "think" differently. And, with everyone NOT having similar stats, they can make appropriate modifications to builds and create something that is a bit more personal for themselves.

Steady build except ogres glitching over blockade at NW wall, happend three times...

Yeah that is irritating, Most they time they turned to beat on the wall after they skipped over it though.

Hi Maka,

just wanted to say thanks for your build. We tried the campaign today and failed three times. Then we tried your build and it worked flawless. We did a short survival run afterwards, to get the Djinnlet. Tomorrow we will try to get further, I think I might even have some Ideas to optimize your build. I will test it and and if it works, I will let you know!

I would have to see closer, but i look like ur poons will get beat on by ogres. :/ also there is not really enuf tower dps to deal with traffic from the noth spawns. That gets pretty hairy later.

I have a build i have been using that works well and is rock solid. But I dont wanna post it till i use it to clear it.

I keep having stupid **** happening. I am getting back door ogres in the east. Not a huge deal untill they have dm speed post wave 25. I had 3 golden wyrvs fly up from south spawn to south xtal. Ogres just walking over west wall like its not there... etc etc. I guess that means its not rock solid.

Anyhow I have fixes for most of it and will update the post soon. I can only lose so many times in a day to stupid **** before I rage quit.

Here is what i have been going with
http://ddplanner.com/?l=6187,maka-surv-cliffs-testing-sloppy
Its sloppy but u can get the idea.

Lemme know if anyone gets it to work. I keep having irish luck with it.

I haven't used it yet (love the east harpoon idea), but I don't see how you aren't having major spider problems in the south as there is nothing to kill the spider spawn west of the south crystal???

Maybe you are relying on your aura's?

I've tried relying on auras in other maps for anti-spider and still got destroyed :S

If he scoots those south harpoons all the way back to the end of the area, similar to how they're in my build, than it should take care of spiders AND be viable as a Mix mode build. But right now there is just too much going on behind those south harpoons.

birds fly up directly from the spawn below south crystal, harps have to be behind that point thus you might as well put them behind the spider spawn too and kill two birds with one stone and all that~ down side is you'll have to get DU from somewhere to pull that off. upside is that the build will function better. The corner before the south blockade is very sharp. sharks charging will not be an issue.

If he scoots those south harpoons all the way back to the end of the area, similar to how they're in my build, than it should take care of spiders AND be viable as a Mix mode build. But right now there is just too much going on behind those south harpoons.

That is kinda what i was testing yesterday, I had a 5 du wall just off the south xtal and two poons beside it. It wasn't working very well due to djinn los'in the poons up the side of the cliff. I am probally going to have to just move the poons back like u suggested. I have the extra du's due to a change i made in the west.

@Kandar, do u ever have problems with ogres on that far east narrow path? I have been getting like 2-3 a game and in later waves if im not super quick to intercept them its f'in game over.