Remove char deletion

I've already accidentally deleted 2 characters. A level 74 and 73.

All you have to do to delete a character is hit "L2" and then "X" to confirm. My "L2" button on my PS3 controller is busted and the sensitivity is gone, so even the slightest touch on the button counts as it being pressed. When I go to switch characters at the forge and hit "X" on the character I want, if I accidentally press L2 a split second before I hit "X" to select the character I want, it will delete the character when I hit "X".

At least make it so you can ONLY delete characters at the main selection screen.

I don't think they should remove deletion but I do think that if you accidentally delete your chars, you should be able to at least have the items that char was holding back in your item box.

I don't think they should remove deletion but I do think that if you accidentally delete your chars, you should be able to at least have the items that char was holding back in your item box.

I recently deleted a character without removing its gear and that is what happened.

Eh its not too hard to level back up, but i agree. They should have it like a few other games where you have to type in "delete" or something to actually delete the character, or some other word that would make it challenging.

Eh its not too hard to level back up, but i agree. They should have it like a few other games where you have to type in "delete" or something to actually delete the character, or some other word that would make it challenging.

Or like Call of Duty MW3 where they give you like 3 warning messages before you prestige.

"Are you sure you want to prestige?"
"Are you REALLY sure you want to prestige?"
"Are you REALLY REALLY sure you want to prestige?"

:)

I just think a counter would work well. Just bring up a dialogue box saying, "Are you sure you want to delete this character?" with a timer. You can click cancel, but the confirmation button is grayed out for say, 5 seconds.

Yes it'll be slightly annoying, but it should all but stop the accidental deletions.

The most simple and easiest way to do it would be to make it so you have to type in "delete" to delete the character, or press a certain button combination if you're using a controller. Y A X B in that order for instance would confirm to delete the character.

This is how it works now. If you delete a character you don't lose the gear that was on it.

At least make it so you can ONLY delete characters at the main selection screen.

Kinda stupid that this can happen outside the main menu. You need to slow down until they can fix it ;)

Be glad they fixed the you losing items part because it could be a lot worse!!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Or like Call of Duty MW3 where they give you like 3 warning messages before you prestige.

"Are you sure you want to prestige?"
"Are you REALLY sure you want to prestige?"
"Are you REALLY REALLY sure you want to prestige?"

:)
Don't mean the flame CoD players, but if the voice chat in the average match is any indication of user intelligence... you know what I'm trying to say. Also, it's not Trendy's fault when people are using broken controllers, or one of a type not even officially supported in the first place.

However, a delay of a few seconds before the char is deleted could be nice. Something like a boss countdown timer, you know. It'd fit into the style of the game, and it sure as hell beats being treated like a retard as in a game such as CoD. :p

I've already accidentally deleted 2 characters. A level 74 and 73.

All you have to do to delete a character is hit "L2" and then "X" to confirm. My "L2" button on my PS3 controller is busted and the sensitivity is gone, so even the slightest touch on the button counts as it being pressed. When I go to switch characters at the forge and hit "X" on the character I want, if I accidentally press L2 a split second before I hit "X" to select the character I want, it will delete the character when I hit "X".

It's no more difficult on our system than it is in any other game. There is a delete option at the same menu as the load option. It's an industry standard. Now, do I agree with that? Not necessarily. How many times will I need to delete my character as opposed to loading it. I'd venture at least a ratio 1:50. But I believe moving a main User Interface option like that would be beyond the scope of what we could do.

Also, it sounds like it's time for a new controller. ;^)

It's no more difficult on our system than it is in any other game. There is a delete option at the same menu as the load option. It's an industry standard. Now, do I agree with that? Not necessarily. How many times will I need to delete my character as opposed to loading it. I'd venture at least a ratio 1:50. But I believe moving a main User Interface option like that would be beyond the scope of what we could do.

Also, it sounds like it's time for a new controller. ;^)

Even if other games are like that, why shouldn't Dungeon Defenders be better? :) (It already is in many other ways!!)

But I disagree that other games make it as easy to delete characters as DD does when using a controller.

Off the top of my head, WoW has a delete button on the character select screen, but confirmation requires typing a word, rather than just tapping a button.

Um... ok the only other one I can think of off hand is Super Mario Sunshine. After you select a save slot, you have a choice to Start, Copy, or Erase. To erase, you would have to go down to that choice and press A. The confirmation is a Yes/No, with No selected by default. To choose Yes you'd need to go over to it and press A.

On the PC, using mouse & keyboard, it's probably OK. Using a controller, though, it's way too easy to make a mistake (in my opinion).

...How many times will I need to delete my character as opposed to loading it. I'd venture at least a ratio 1:50....

Just wow.

Time to move on...

Just wow.

Time to move on...

I was commenting on the placement of the Delete Character option in video games in general. I agree that the option should be move or some extra confirmations added. I just don't know if it's something that will be changed in our game.