harpoons not focusing charging sharken

i'm having turrets still shooting at ogres when theres a charging sharken coming right for my walls.

Yeah, having sharken as priority would make them less of a pain.

They render barricades useless faster than a djinn could, the targeting should reflect that..

Based on a post I saw, it looks like they gain "more priority" not absolute priority when preparing to charge relative to other things (the example in this case was Djinn) and that proximity to the turrets also plays a factor.

I know on certain maps, my turrets definitely focus on Sharken as soon as they start stomping. My best guess is that you've got a setup that allows them to start their charge from far enough away that a close ogre is higher priority. If you try to put walls in places where the Sharken have to get close before they charge, it can help make sure they're close enough to the turrets to be higher on the priority list, where the multiplier they receive can make them first (if I understand roughly how targeting priority works).

sometimes thats not an option ...like in survival, you NEED those poons to ignore ogres at times and focus on sharken ....going back to the manual targeting config option as a solution

ogres arent an issue anymore if they dont smack cades... but sharken even REACHING them is pretty much game over

agreed sharken should have absolute priority when they're charging even if something is in front of them like an ogre.

i thought they did.

in cliffs at the east crystal there is always ogres at the blockade. thought i saw harpoons shooting through the ogres to mansharks. Maybe that was just random luck.

I have noticed this as well. Since the most recent patch, suddenly walls in builds that never got charged are being charged almost every wave after 18-20 or so. Something definitely changed.

Right. Wave 20+ in Mistymire last night had sharken nailing 2 of my 4 walls each round. Harps were busy nailing ogres. Gas traps and ensnares couldn't hold them back long enough for my harps to take down the ogres, even at over 100k dmg per shot and boosted with my huntress guardian. I definitely would welcome the option to set target priority manually. Sharken would be first on my list. I used to be able to solo Misty survival to completion but now I get overrun around wave 23-24.

Feels like sharks are pushing my walls around more than they used to as well.

Having tons of problems here with sharken, that aren't even that hard to kill. They're simply pushing stuff way to often, even with gas traps, strength drain, and two harpoons in a lane. When ogres piles up in later waves, the sharken make it past without being touched half the time.

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Before the latest patch, using gas traps was a way to reasonably delay Sharken enough for harpoons to take them out. Now, the same sharken come charging through anyway.

I experienced this today for myself. I thought Sharkens weren't a big problem for me, hence I could do NM Survivals as usual. But today I did a Mysti run and Sharkens kept pushing my walls away, although there where several harpoons, Fireball Towers, Lightening Auras and Gas Traps around them. I even gave up some DU for a Harpoon to only deal with them, but it just didn't work.

Something happened with this last patch that they didn't put in any notes or they didn't realize they changed it but the waves are much harder, i can barely get to wave 20 now where as i was getting to 26 before.

I think what may be happening, is they tweaked the Sharken and then were going to tweak the Towers to focus on them once they start charging up/tackling defenses, but only took out the part where the towers would force-target at the Sharken and didn't revert the initial changes to the Sharken that were made. I can't even get past wave 10 in CitC now, because those things trample over my defenses and get roid rage from minute-long gas traps.

There is 2 things that I can think of that would cause issues.

1) Towers don't focus Sharken unless they are already charging. This might be known, but it's part of what can cause issues.

2) Sharken have a much reduced charge range. Yet they remain out of range if your towers are focusing ogres.

These 2 combined will easily cause problems. If they have a small range at which they can start charging, then it's a smaller range for towers to kill them before they reach the walls/towers. It's a simple idea really. Their smaller range on charge is almost a bad thing for us because towers don't focus unless they're charging, if they had a longer range, they might be able to die within their charge time.

The problem with Sharken is that if they're not perfectly controlled then they cause serious problems, but if they are, then they're a trash mob. Perfecting them is going to be really hard, and this one side-effect with short range charge / towers only attacking while charging is going to cause a lot of issues in later waves on any map.

There is 2 things that I can think of that would cause issues.

1) Towers don't focus Sharken unless they are already charging. This might be known, but it's part of what can cause issues.

2) Sharken have a much reduced charge range. Yet they remain out of range if your towers are focusing ogres.

These 2 combined will easily cause problems. If they have a small range at which they can start charging, then it's a smaller range for towers to kill them before they reach the walls/towers. It's a simple idea really. Their smaller range on charge is almost a bad thing for us because towers don't focus unless they're charging, if they had a longer range, they might be able to die within their charge time.

The problem with Sharken is that if they're not perfectly controlled then they cause serious problems, but if they are, then they're a trash mob. Perfecting them is going to be really hard, and this one side-effect with short range charge / towers only attacking while charging is going to cause a lot of issues in later waves on any map.

None of what you said was an issue until 7.32 and theres nothing in the patch notes related to sharken.

Spent all day trying to beat mistmire nm.. On the last boss they added shaken and it's pretty impossible now.. Sharken didn't used to be an issue but now I'm finding my blockades constantly getting moved to the point where I am playing dungeon tower replacer instead of the game... Boss fight is ridiculous now I challenge some of you to try.

Something was changed.

Same thing here, had a build with a good amount of harps to deal with djinn desummons in Aqua got to 27, now same build is getting pushed by sharks a lot post 7.32. Might have something to do with this note:

*Enabled Ogres to spawn more rapidly, preventing end-of-wave Ogre stragglers on high Survival Waves

With so many ogres up front harps don't focus on sharks it seems.

Same problem here. Almost impossible to beat misty nm mm surv wave25+ now. Before it was easy. Hope this gets fixed asap. A charge of a sharken is most of the time the end. Towers must always try to focus sharken, ogres are almost harmless in comparison.

Same problem here. Almost impossible to beat misty nm mm surv wave25+ now. Before it was easy. Hope this gets fixed asap. A charge of a sharken is most of the time the end. Towers must always try to focus sharken, ogres are almost harmless in comparison.

My issue is actually more with the annoyance factor. I think I am only making it 1-2 waves lower, but the last 6 or so that I play I have to switch and replace 1-2 walls each wave. Gets old fast

It would be sweet if you could move, or at least move back, during build phase. Maybe even have defenses auto move back at end of wave. I am usually able to replace and 3 Star during the phase anyway, make it easier and less annoying to rebuild please.

On top of the other annoyances, Sharken STILL move walls,etc, into the gemoetry. Sometimes they're not even visible anymore!!

I also noticed an increase of difficulty
and is not related to the type of map, setup of towers or damage of enemies.
it is randomness.
The randomness in loot is right, pushing you to play again, but if the success or defeat are only linked to luck, the game becomes frustrating